PDA

View Full Version : 4 straight 1 run losses

jabrch
08-01-2004, 01:48 PM
and people are throwing themselves off bridges...

:chickenlittle

Deadguy
08-01-2004, 01:58 PM
These games are the ones where Frank and Magglio's absences are felt the most. In games where we lose by 4+ runs, it doesn't really matter that much, but in these 1 run losses, it's hard not to wonder, "what if?".

mcfish
08-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I don't know, I think that 4 straight 1 run losses, after 3 other bad losses, is almost worse. Especially when they happened because of bad defense, walking in winning runs, bad base running, poor execution at the plate, and a complete inability to get the big hit when it's needed late in a game. It's not just the 7 losses, the corpseball has been happening since mid June - with a few rare 1-2 game exceptions. It's not like I see a 7 game losing streak, I see a 6 week long slump. The last week is just the low point of that slump. I really hope they can get themselves back together in August and put a string of wins together. If that happens, we still are in this thing, but we have to get out of this slump first.

S.S. Lumber Yard
08-01-2004, 02:40 PM
We have 61 games to go?

Anything can happen.

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 02:45 PM
The season starts TODAY! And so far, so good. (Through 6 innings):bandance:

doublem23
08-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I have to agree. If it was the pitching that had fallen apart, and the Sox were losing games, 13-12 or 15-9, etc. then I'd be kind of worried, because I'd have no faith in the pitching coming around, but the fact that the problem right now is our offense makes me much more optimistic because I know how this team can hit when they do, and they will. I can't see these bats mired in a 60-game slump, no matter who's missing from the line-up.