PDA

View Full Version : Missing Miguel's Bat

Bucktown
08-01-2004, 03:06 AM
I am still a big fan of the Garcia trade, but having a little more spped and pop at catcher sure would be nice right now.

Before the game I told my dog that Buehrle is going to have to hold the Tigers to one run because the Sox are only going to score two. He looked at me like I was crazy. Well who is crazy now? Those Wheaton Terriers think they are so superior. Sheesh.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 03:07 AM
I am still a big fan of the Garcia trade, but having a little more spped and pop at catcher sure would be nice right now.

Before the game I told my dog that Buehrle is going to have to hold the Tigers to one run because the Sox are only going to score two. He looked at me like I was crazy. Well who is crazy now? Those Wheaton Terriers think they are so superior. Sheesh.LMAO. Of course it would be nice to have Olivo but I don't think catcher is the main problem with the offense right now. Besides Freddy is the man.

Region Sox
08-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Plus you don't know how it affected the clubhouse. Trade a popular guy for Ozzie's boy. I read a rumor that they would have taken Crede instead! Oh well. My top 3 favorite players entering 04- 1. Konerko, 2. Olivo, 3. Loazia. Oh well on that too.

jabrch
08-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Nobody is missing Miguel's bat. He was hitting .260/.270 for us. Burke is hitting better,

Region Sox
08-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Plus I think he wouldn't have gotten trucked by hunter or at least gotten up to defend himself. how about ben Davis? How is he hitting?

Nard
08-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Remember those early commercials with Ozzie this year?

Where he goes, "Olivo is a crazy man!" with a smile?

I'm guessing Miggy was a big part of the clubhouse attitude.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Plus I think he wouldn't have gotten trucked by hunter or at least gotten up to defend himself. how about ben Davis? How is he hitting?***?:?:

Region Sox
08-01-2004, 03:38 AM
I just think Miguel would have been out of the way completely or blocked the plate more. If he had gotten leveled in the cheap manner he probably would have fought back a little.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 03:47 AM
I just think Miguel would have been out of the way completely or blocked the plate more. If he had gotten leveled in the cheap manner he probably would have fought back a little.Not if he had blurry vision and had to go to the hospital.

Evman5
08-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Plus you don't know how it affected the clubhouse. Trade a popular guy for Ozzie's boy. I read a rumor that they would have taken Crede instead! Oh well. My top 3 favorite players entering 04- 1. Konerko, 2. Olivo, 3. Loazia. Oh well on that too.
Seattle never said they would do Crede instead of Olivo, they wanted both!!!!

BainesHOF
08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Burke's hitting has been acceptable. Now if only Ozzie will play him more. Alomar has nothing left.

SoxxoS
08-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Alomar has nothing left.
But we have won so much with Alomar on our team...as a leader and a clubhouse influence.

Alomar gets a free pass b/c he is old and a nice guy, but he is just not good anymore.

jeremyb1
08-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Nobody is missing Miguel's bat. He was hitting .260/.270 for us. Burke is hitting better,

Huh?!?!

Olivo: .269/.318/.511
Burke: .333/.356/.421

And that's only in 57 at bats for Burke, the obvious issue being not only that it's a ridiculously small sample size and he'll never keep it up but that Davis and Alomar have eaten up PAs Olivo would've had and hit much worse.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2004, 01:52 PM
My God... Frank and Maggs haven't batted together in over 2 months and now we have a thread about how we're missing Miguel Olivo's bat???

I'm speechless...

:kukoo:

Evman5
08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Beltin' Ben is starting to make us forget!!!!! Seriously I hope he can keep it up because that would help the bottom of our lineup tremendously.

gobears1987
08-02-2004, 12:03 AM
But we have won so much with Alomar on our team...as a leader and a clubhouse influence.

Alomar gets a free pass b/c he is old and a nice guy, but he is just not good anymore.
Alomar is here because he is calling all the games, even when not catching he is giving signals to Burke and Davis. Alomar will be a coach here when he retires. He is important as a mentor to the young catchers.