PDA

View Full Version : 2004 vs 2003

Bucktown
08-01-2004, 03:44 AM
What was the Sox record at the end of July in 2003? Wasn't it much better than this year? If I recall, it was something like 57-52. I remember we came back from the All Star Break on a tear.

Do we start to take the manager out of this losing equation? Or do we blame this year on the injuries?

samram
08-01-2004, 09:17 AM
What was the Sox record at the end of July in 2003? Wasn't it much better than this year? If I recall, it was something like 57-52. I remember we came back from the All Star Break on a tear.

Do we start to take the manager out of this losing equation? Or do we blame this year on the injuries?
It's mostly (85-90%) injuries. However, the rest of the team has to take it upon themselves to perform better instead of just feeling sorry for themselves, which we have seen happen all too often the last three years.

BTW, in the Cubune today, they had the Sox at 50-50 after 100 games last year.

Dice
08-01-2004, 10:07 AM
The record last year after July was 57-51. We were 1 game out of first behind the Royals. The Twins last year was 4.5 games out of first at this time last year.

SO, the Royals last year were in first and the Twinkies were 4.5 games behind so there is hope for us this year.

Also remember this: Last year the Twinkies longest loosing streak was 8 games. Our longest loosing streak was 5. BUT the Twinkies still won the division. WHY? Because they had an 11 game winning streak during the month of September. Who's to say we can't do the same thing.

MrRoboto83
08-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I would be nice to just have a 5 game winning streak, followed by another 5 game winning streak, instead of winning 4 then losing 7!! :angry: