PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Who's left here?

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 12:34 AM
As i witness many sox fans flee from this season like rats on a sinkin ship, im just curious. Who, such as myself, is still oboard with this team and having faith we can still finish ontop?

I keep the faith till its mathmatically impossible, not improbable.

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm here man. However I must admit that I wanted to put a hole in the dry wall after that loss. This is infuriating.

However it's a change of month, we are still playing weak teams, we are due to get out of this slump.

I'm here till the end.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 12:36 AM
As i witness many sox fans flee from this season like rats on a sinkin ship, im just curious. Who, such as myself, is still oboard with this team and having faith we can still finish ontop?

I keep the faith till its mathmatically impossible, not improbable.That makes two of us stock, I haven't left and won't leave until this team is mathmatically eliminated from the playoff race, otherwise I'm staying positive, and I'm in.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=Soxzilla]I'm here man. However I must admit that I wanted to put a hole in the dry wall after that loss. This is infuriating.QUOTE]
Me too, good thing for my punching bag downstairs.:D:

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:39 AM
I have a question for you number crunchers. We all know today that KW was touting how we had a deal with del-got-it in the works, yet he is making almost 20 million on the year.

How come we are pursuing a man with that kind of monetary value, when we could be chasing after the man in my signature for far less. And he even has much better stats career wise...

What are the terms of carlos' contract?

Not too mention he is a career .280 hitter......meh.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm here man. However I must admit that I wanted to put a hole in the dry wall after that loss. This is infuriating.

However it's a change of month, we are still playing weak teams, we are due to get out of this slump.

I'm here till the end.Oh i agree, last 2 games i almost accidently put my police baton thru my tv, then realized i better now cuz its a decent tv

Just tryin to guage who will be bandwagoning back after sox make a comeback, should they now, i will willingly eat crow. Heh, and i wanna know how many so i can bitch when they have my playoff tix.

StrTrkker
Me. Im in it till the end.

I wear my Sox T-Shirts & Caps proudly and my Sox Flag continues to fly in the front of my house. And I will be at many games in month of August cheering them on...

CubsfansareDRUNK
Well, Just becuase the sox are doing bad.. I still haev faith they can pull themselves outta their a$$es and become a team again. GO SOX come oN!:bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-01-2004, 12:41 AM

I wear my Sox T-Shirts & Caps proudly and my Sox Flag continues to fly in the front of my house. And I will be at many games in month of August cheering them on...you my friend, are a true sox fan.

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I have a question for you number crunchers. We all know today that KW was touting how we had a deal with del-got-it in the works, yet he is making almost 20 million on the year.

How come we are pursuing a man with that kind of monetary value, when we could be chasing after the man in my signature for far less. And he even has much better stats career wise...

Not too mention he is a career .280 hitter......meh.Well Delgado makes more money this year but Kendalls contract would tie the sox up for next year and the year after also, that's probably the reason kenny can't make a true run at Jason.

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Not too mention I have 100 dollars riding on them making it too the WS.:(:

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm still watching every game, even if we ARE stastically eliminated. I remember a few years back when we had no chance near the end of the season, I was just watching to see who we could beat and annoy in the last few games.

I'm sick of all the people saying "I'm not watching any more games until we start winning again." That's a called a fair-weather fan, and there are a LOT of them hanging around here. I'm not one of them.

Yes, I'm EXTREMELY annoyed by the way we've been playing, and I personally have little faith in a turnaround at this point, but I wouldn't put it past these guys. But that's all beside the point, because the only thing that matters is I'm a life-long Sox fan, and no matter what these guys are doing on the field, I'll be watching it, and feeling the same things they are, good or bad.

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Well Delgado makes more money this year but Kendalls contract would tie the sox up for next year and the year after also, that's probably the reason kenny can't make a true run at Jason.
Yeah but 20 fricken MILLION dollars. I feel like dr. evil saying that.

doublem23
08-01-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm still pretty hopeful, but I have to admit, I don't have the same fire for the Sox that I did a week ago.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 12:44 AM

I wear my Sox T-Shirts & Caps proudly and my Sox Flag continues to fly in the front of my house. And I will be at many games in month of August cheering them on...
Weren't you the one who said you traded in your partial season tickets, and were not going to be going to many more games? Doesn't sound like a fan to me....

DickAllen72
08-01-2004, 12:45 AM
As I've posted elsewhere, the Sox go through this every year. Last year it happened in September. This year it happened in July.

If we can just get over this, there's a chance that Crede will have his usual hot August/September, Valentin might go on another of his home run binges, Uribe might go on another hot streak, and Lee, Paulie and Rowand may stay solid. Carl Everett has been known to get hot and carry a team. All of these things have happened before and it's not too unlikely that they can happen again.

If these things happen and the pitching holds up, there's a good chance we win the division. We may even get Frank or Maggs back for the playoffs, then we have a good shot to go deep.

I'm stickin' with the Sox 'til it's over....and it ain't over yet!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:46 AM
This thread has me feeling good, honestly. Like some total sox pride going on.

That, and the fact I'm listening to 4 non blondes....:D:

Willie harris AL player of the month anyone?:bandance:

batmanZoSo
08-01-2004, 12:47 AM
What was the name of the bad guy from Tron? Ugh, this is gonna bug me all day.

BigEdWalsh
08-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Can you be in it til the end but doubtfal that it's gonna happen? Because that's me.

I can't be positive given the way the Sox have played this past week. Add to that the fact that Maggs and Frank are out. Add to that the fact that the team still need GOOD #1 and #2 hitters AND a decent catcher AND a FEW better guys in the bullpen. I just can't be positive. HOWEVER, I'm not "jumping ship". Once a Sox fan, always a Sox fan. This is my team through thick and thin, through good times and bad times. Only fair weather fans "jump ship" and if they do, good riddance!:gulp:

GO SOX!!!

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 12:53 AM
What was the name of the bad guy from Tron? Ugh, this is gonna bug me all day.
.........Chk chk

http://www.aartfraud.com/phish/weddingphotos/homer_shotgun.gif

RKMeibalane
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm still here.

South Side
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
3 hours after the game ends, I'm with you. They will win another game... I am sure of that. It's just extremely tough right now b/c they haven't won in 7 days. Once we get a win, things will look better... Aug. 1st, perfect day to start a winning streak... :smile:

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 12:59 AM
I say we deal cotts, valentin, mj and borchard through waivers. Pick some bullpen help and add another BIG bat.

And bring up felix diaz to get some experience out of the pen until we completely fall out of it. Then you move schoe to the pen and let diaz start a few games.

Please.

ndgt10
08-01-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm still here :bandance:

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I say we deal cotts, valentin, mj and borchard through waivers. Pick some bullpen help and add another BIG bat.

And bring up felix diaz to get some experience out of the pen until we completely fall out of it. Then you move schoe to the pen and let diaz start a few games.

Please.
Please fill me in as to how waiver trading goes? Doesnt it pertain that the sox only legit trade partners are the teams who finished last, last season since they would have first priority over players?

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 01:04 AM
I find it humorous that the voters who have given up havent posted a msg, just all us who are still with it have posted.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Maybe I'm mentally unstable following this frustrating week of losses, and if you read my earlier post in this thread, you know I'm with these guys 100%; but, for some reason, I really wouldn't mind bringing up some so-called "grinders" from the minor leagues, just to see what they can do. I love Diaz's chances at being a filthy starting pitcher, why not bring him up to pitch a little. Bring up Sweeny and Anderson, with no pressure, and see what they can do. Have some freaking FUN for a change. A little fun can go a long way, and these guys don't look like they've been having fun. Spring training was fun, and these guys were knocking the cover off the ball, off of major league (GOOD) pitchers. Screw it. Without Magglio and Thomas, we'll have to play perfect baseball ther rest of the way in order to come out on top, why not try an infusion of young guys who want to show their talent and see what it does. Worst case scenario is we lose a few more games and go back to plan A.

doublem23
08-01-2004, 01:09 AM
It's August 1st and you're ready to throw in the towel?

:prozac

Nard
08-01-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm still with ya 100%, but a note about "mathematically impossible."

Mathematically, it's possible that the Rockies and Blue Jays will win their divisions.

I don't like the whole "mathematically possible" thing. The second JM used that term late last September, I knew the season was over.

The point is, with 60 games less, you shouldn't even be talking about mathetmatics.

Aidan
08-01-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm still with ya 100%, but a note about "mathematically impossible."

Mathematically, it's possible that the Rockies and Blue Jays will win their divisions.

I don't like the whole "mathematically possible" thing. The second JM used that term late last September, I knew the season was over.

The point is, with 60 games less, you shouldn't even be talking about mathetmatics.Good point. Mathematics don't matter at this point or any point in a season. Talent and heart matter.

South Side
08-01-2004, 01:16 AM
I find it humorous that the voters who have given up havent posted a msg, just all us who are still with it have posted.
No!! We don't want them to. There are 15 other threads devoted to crying and how the season is over. Leave us one positive one, just one!

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2004, 01:17 AM
I know I've been pretty negative the past few days, but I'm definitely still on board. I'm going to watch the games anyways, so I might as well hope they can win them. I have nothing else to do in my life!!! :whiner:

BigEdWalsh
08-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Good point. Mathematics don't matter at this point or any point in a season. Talent and heart matter.
I agree with what you're saying to some degee. However, when it's over mathematically, IT'S OVER. I think if you wanna talk heart, i'm not sure about this team, they have me totally confused in that regard. Talent-wise, uh-uh. Right now, in that regard things look bleak.

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 01:23 AM
I have a feeling Ozzie knows what he needs to do...

:messica

:ozzie
"Alright guys, I figure it's going to take us 32 more wins to take this thing...."

StepsInSC
08-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Baseball is baseball. Whether its for a championship or for pride, I can't get enough of it...no matter the frustrations.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 01:27 AM
It's August 1st and you're ready to throw in the towel?

I THINK that was directed at me? If so, I think Aiden answered your question for me already:

Good point. Mathematics don't matter at this point or any point in a season. Talent and heart matter.

I'm no where NEAR throwing in the towel if you read my previous post. But I don't see why a little infusion of young fun guys, if only for a test period, wouldn't be a good thing for the team after dropping 7 straight. It couldn't be worse than Joe Borchard could it? In the best case scenario, maybe they'll be amazing and turn things around for us.

The rule of thumb has always been, when the season's statistically over, bring in the young guys to play a little. Who says that's the right way to do things? Maybe a little unconventional change is what the players need to pick their heads up.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 01:27 AM
I have a feeling Ozzie knows what he needs to do...

:messica

:ozzie
"Alright guys, I figure it's going to take us 32 more wins to take this thing...."What he needs to do is get a picture of Akebono(american sumo wrestler) in a thong bikini and threaten that every loss, they remove a strip.....god....just the thought makes me wanna not eat for a week.... and for every error, Manos has be the one to remove the strip and stare at it for an hour.

:manos
"Hehe hehe he's bluffing......right.....Pal?"

http://metropolis.japantoday.com/biginjapanarchive299/292/pics/akebono.jpg

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2004, 01:32 AM
What he needs to do is get a picture of Akebono(american sumo wrestler) in a thong bikini and threaten that every loss, they remove a strip.....god....just the thought makes me wanna not eat for a week.... and for every error, Manos has be the one to remove the strip and stare at it for an hour.

:Manos
"Hehe hehe he's bluffing......right.....Pal?"

http://metropolis.japantoday.com/biginjapanarchive299/292/pics/akebono.jpg :bundy
Another great idea from you SFV

mcfish
08-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Willie harris AL player of the month anyone?:bandance:

I'm still here, I'll still watch and go to games - hell I already have tickets to a couple of them, but who are you kidding? Willie Harris isn't even the White Sox player of the month, let alone all of the AL. In fact, he hasn't even been good this month. I hope you just don't like using teal.

Soxzilla
08-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I'm still here, I'll still watch and go to games - hell I already have tickets to a couple of them, but who are you kidding? Willie Harris isn't even the White Sox player of the month, let alone all of the AL. In fact, he hasn't even been good this month. I hope you just don't like using teal.
I was talking about august.:cool:

voodoochile
08-01-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm still pretty hopeful, but I have to admit, I don't have the same fire for the Sox that I did a week ago.
Well said. The siren song of training camp just got louder.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 01:35 AM
:bundy
Another great idea from you SFV

LMAO!!

::as an alternative to wanting to see that::
Al-....cant we have sex peg?

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 01:36 AM
We should feel lucky....how many people can say that they saw their entire team play as poor as humanly possible all at the same time for a weeek straight? There is NO WAY this team can ever play any worse than they are right now. It can only get better. We're still within reach. But right now I'm still pretty :whiner:

TomParrish79
08-01-2004, 01:37 AM
I'm here. Though I did swear off posting a few days ago.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I get so damn aggravated when we lose by our own mistakes. And it doesnt help in the middle of this losing streak we got guys constantly posting about how bad we suck and who is at fault.

Back to the original question, I am here, will always be here as long as I am alive. May not be happy about everything that happens on the field, but I will always be a White Sock, no matter if we lose 130 games.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Hmm...with the way people have seemed to rally around me\the sox on this issue, i feel a little like Jesus in a non sacreligious way

http://www.rosicrucians.org/salon/buddy/buddy.jpg

JB98
08-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Sorry guys, but we are toast for 2004.

I'll still be at the Cell next weekend, like always, because Sox baseball is my life in the summertime. :supernana: :supernana:

So, I'm going to support the team even though I don't think we have a prayer in hell. Does that make me on or off the bandwagon?

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Sorry guys, but we are toast for 2004.

I'll still be at the Cell next weekend, like always, because Sox baseball is my life in the summertime. :supernana: :supernana:

So, I'm going to support the team even though I don't think we have a prayer in hell. Does that make me on or off the bandwagon?

No not bandwagon, yer stickin with the team but feel we cant pull things back together. Yer fine, its much like those who support the troops but not the war, yer ok in my book

JB98
08-01-2004, 02:10 AM
No not bandwagon, yer stickin with the team but feel we cant pull things back together. Yer fine, its much like those who support the troops but not the war, yer ok in my book
Despite the two horrible losses to the Twins last week, the Sox are still 9-3 with me in attendance. That puts them at a mediocre 43-46 without me. Right now, maybe they need me more than ever. :cool:

I'll be on the South Side 8/8 and 8/9 vs. the Tribe.

StrTrkker
08-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Weren't you the one who said you traded in your partial season tickets, and were not going to be going to many more games? Doesn't sound like a fan to me....
Nope...wasnt me. You must have me mixed up with someone else....

I dont have season tickets

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Despite the two horrible losses to the Twins last week, the Sox are still 9-3 with me in attendance. That puts them at a mediocre 43-46 without me. Right now, maybe they need me more than ever. :cool:

I simply do not understand how the sox have a winning record at home yet im 1-3 attendin(only win was the atlanta game buehrle pitched)

Batman is currently on hiatus from attendin comiskey, meanin im pretty much not goin since he was my ride.

Nellie_Fox
08-01-2004, 02:47 AM
Are you kidding? I've been a Sox fan for fifty years. If I quit on them every time things are bad, I'd have been through a long time ago.

I'll be continuing to (masochistically) follow them for the rest of the year. However, I just don't believe that ANY team can lose players of the caliber of Frank and Maggs and continue to be in the mix for the playoffs. I think they're done. But I'll hang in and hope to be proven wrong.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Nope...wasnt me. You must have me mixed up with someone else....

I dont have season tickets
my bad, i was too lazy to check, hehe.

GO SOX!

flo-B-flo
08-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Follow the Sox. It's part of what I do all summer. I never give up.There is still a chance. BELIEVE. GO-GO SOX!!!:wink:

inta
08-01-2004, 06:48 AM
dude. on topic with the first few posts in this thread.

i may have given up on the sox doing anything this season, but that doesnt mean i've given up on the sox. i'll still follow this team.

if they come back and win the WS this year. fantastic. i was wrong, and i'll be glad to be wrong.

but current situations dictate differently. i dont expect the sox to do a thing this year. and it sucks i have to think so so early in the year.

SpartanSoxFan
08-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Count me in with this group.

gosox41
08-01-2004, 08:53 AM

Carlos is a FA at the end of this year.

Bob

Flight #24
08-01-2004, 09:23 AM

FWIW - Southtown reports they were after Kendall but couldn't get it done (and they speculate he didn't waive his no-trade, although that could be the Delgado deal and they're mixing the 2 up).

misty60481
08-01-2004, 09:35 AM
I have been Sox fan for 60 years went to my first game in 1945 saw some very bad teams thru the years but all we have to do now is make up a game every 2 weeks,,, still plenty of time, although I will be glad when Frank & Maggs come back

ssviland
08-01-2004, 09:45 AM
After the 2nd loss to the Twins I said, "They are done." I never say that more than once in a season. If they had lost 3 tough games, 3 hard losses in which they battled, I would still ahve not said it. But they didn't even show up. No bats, no runs. Jose swinging for the fences, dropping balls.

So, why do I still watch? My wife begged me not to watch. Apparently she thinks I'm in a bad mood when the Sox lose! Pollitte walked in the winning run. Why watch? Who knows. I have proclaimed them "done", but I will likely continue watching until the last day. Why not. It beats reality-TV!!

JoseCanseco6969
08-01-2004, 10:03 AM

I feel like giving up on the season, but since i put so much time and effort into it, I will give them this month to convince me they care about winning this diviision. Who knows what will happen, but 5 games with the way we've been playing, seems like 20

34 Inch Stick
08-01-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm still on board. This season is not nearly over. People called it a White Flag Trade years ago when we were in a much worse position than we are today. How could we have been optimistic when we were under .500 then and pessimistic when we are over .500 now. Like the Cubs at the beginning of the month, we are just bottoming out on the worst stretch of the year. Just like the Cubs, I think we will come back.

White Sox win and Twin loss today and we are rolling again.

idseer
08-01-2004, 10:06 AM
i really don't understand your attitude. what are you trying to say here? those that don't believe they will win it this year arent' good sox fans?
i find this particular post insulting and mean spirited.

and personally i find it humorous that you expect everyone here should write you a little explanation as to why they think they will not win it.

Wsoxmike59
08-01-2004, 10:20 AM
I was so PO'd :angry: after the sweep by MN this week that I vowed to boycott watching the White Sox altogether until they string 4 W's in a row together. I still haven't watched more than a batter or two while channel surfing.

I follow them in the papers, on talk radio and talk about them with my friends and co workers, it's just that I refuse to give them the 2.1/2 - 3 hours out of my life each evening.

I'm just so damn frustrated right now. Ever since the 2000 Division winning season it's been one heartbreaking excuse after another. I'm tired of hearing about how we are suppose to win the Central Division only to see the Minnesota's and Cleveland's of the world continually get the better of us!

I've got 4 games left to go to on my 9 game plan and I intend on going to every one of them and root them on as hard as ever.

But my TV boycott stands. No watching Sox baseball until they string 4 W's in a row. :angry:

Sox Mobile
08-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I was so PO'd :angry: after the sweep by MN this week that I vowed to boycott watching the White Sox altogether until they string 4 W's in a row together. I still haven't watched more than a batter or two while channel surfing.

I follow them in the papers, on talk radio and talk about them with my friends and co workers, it's just that I refuse to give them the 2.1/2 - 3 hours out of my life each evening.

I'm just so damn frustrated right now. Ever since the 2000 Division winning season it's been one heartbreaking excuse after another. I'm tired of hearing about how we are suppose to win the Central Division only to see the Minnesota's and Cleveland's of the world continually get the better of us!

I've got 4 games left to go to on my 9 game plan and I intend on going to every one of them and root them on as hard as ever.

But my TV boycott stands. No watching Sox baseball until they string 4 W's in a row. :angry:
Wow, the concept of boycotting your team is unthinkable to 99% of us.

If winning 4 games in a row is the criteria for watching your team, there wouldnt be many fans.

Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and the White Sox are my team.

No matter how high they make my blood pressure, I'm there!

BigEdWalsh
08-01-2004, 12:26 PM

If winning 4 games in a row is the criteria for watching your team, there wouldnt be many fans.

No matter how high they make my blood pressure, I'm there!
You are so right!! I'm a little ticked off at the assumption by some that if you think the Sox are done, you're somehow a lesser fan. On the other hand though, you don't boycott the Sox. NEVER.:duck:

zach23
08-01-2004, 01:38 PM
I am still hear, been with them for 32 years, and will be with the Sox til the day I die.

Wsoxmike59
08-01-2004, 01:39 PM

No matter how high they make my blood pressure, I'm there!It's just my way of coping with a 7 game losing streak. Believe me I live and die with this team and each loss during this streak is cutting me like a knife.

I just can't take watching them when they play like this. The Twins came into Chicago and made a statement. The Sox reacted like they didn't care when Torii Hunter knocked Jaime Burke into the next county!!

That's unacceptable and "unthinkable" to me! Every fan has their breaking point and the Sox have brought me to mine during this week of "corpse ball"

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 04:12 PM
i really don't understand your attitude. what are you trying to say here? those that don't believe they will win it this year arent' good sox fans?

and personally i find it humorous that you expect everyone here should write you a little explanation as to why they think they will not win it.
I don't think the point of the thread was to say those who don't think we'll win this year are bad Sox fans. I think the point was more along the lines of the fact that there are a lot of fair-weather fans around here. It's one thing to think the Sox are done for the season, but still watch the games and still cheer them on, even though you think it's hopeless. It's another thing to think the season's over and just stop watching them altogether.

A true fan sticks with his team even when he KNOWS they suck. A crappy fan just watches when they're doing well, and drops them like a bad habit when they don't.

SOXSINCE'70
08-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm still here.I can only hope the offense picks up and Contreras is the real deal.

P.S. NO-MAH OR NO NO-MAH, THE CUBS STILL SUCK!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

harwar
08-01-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't post a lot on here because i'm just not much for idle chit-chat.
However;I love this site and think its great.
I've been a season ticket holder for quite a few years and only my fading health keeps me from using them more than my daughter.
I haven't really given up all hope but i just don't see how we can win with the horses we have.
Miracles can happen i guess,but with Maggs & Frank gone it may be time to face reality.

idseer
08-01-2004, 04:25 PM
I don't think the point of the thread was to say those who don't think we'll win this year are bad Sox fans. I think the point was more along the lines of the fact that there are a lot of fair-weather fans around here. It's one thing to think the Sox are done for the season, but still watch the games and still cheer them on, even though you think it's hopeless. It's another thing to think the season's over and just stop watching them altogether.

A true fan sticks with his team even when he KNOWS they suck. A crappy fan just watches when they're doing well, and drops them like a bad habit when they don't.except i wasn't referring to the idea of the thread. i was referring to the post i replied to.

also .... i don't think there are many, if ANY, fairweather fans here. just because someone is so frustrated they post before they have time to cool down and say stuff like they are thru doesn't mean it's true. i've made posts like that myself in the past and i KNOW i am a faithful fan thru it all.

Blob
08-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I will never give up on my Sox. Even if they are eliminated mathematically, they are still my team!! I will continue to go to games no matter what!!!!! The tattoo on my leg of the Sox was put there 5 years ago for a reason. They are my team until I DIE, no matter what!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 04:40 PM
except i wasn't referring to the idea of the thread. i was referring to the post i replied to.

also .... i don't think there are many, if ANY, fairweather fans here. just because someone is so frustrated they post before they have time to cool down and say stuff like they are thru doesn't mean it's true. i've made posts like that myself in the past and i KNOW i am a faithful fan thru it all.

He started the thread, and it was his post you replied to. The poll options were "Im still with ya SFV", "Game over man!:::runs::", and "What was the name of the bad guy from tron?(undecided\on the edge)".

If someone chose the second option, it implies we have no chance and they're running away. Without an explanation, that implies fair-weather fan. He was simply asking why no one was posting after voting that option. If they chose it because they think the season's over BUT they're still going to stick with the team because they're a fan, it needs to be said. Otherwise it looks they're falling off the bandwagon.

And lately I've been seeing alot of posts of "I'm not watching the sox until they start winning.....yadda yadda yadda." I'd never say that, and even if I were 65 with a heart condition, I'd be watching every game whether it was hopeless or not. And it doesn't matter how pissed I am about a loss. When you say something, you mean it to some degree, regardless of what you're feeling at the time.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I will never give up on my Sox. Even if they are eliminated mathematically, they are still my team!! I will continue to go to games no matter what!!!!! The tattoo on my leg of the Sox was put there 5 years ago for a reason. They are my team until I DIE, no matter what!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!
AMEN! If I were one for tatoos, that's the only thing that would ever be on my body.

jabrch
08-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm totally right here with ya. Look at our August and compare it to the Twins August. We could easily pick up 5 games in that chunk alone. Minnesota failed to add Benson like they wanted. They lost Meintkwirejirjesirehuscz - I know they have Morneu but they lost a veteran leader and are now going to have to play more of some young guys.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm totally right here with ya. Look at our August and compare it to the Twins August. We could easily pick up 5 games in that chunk alone. Minnesota failed to add Benson like they wanted. They lost Meintkwirejirjesirehuscz - I know they have Morneu but they lost a veteran leader and are now going to have to play more of some young guys.
Not to mention we still have 6 games against the Twins left. If we can match them win for win and loss for loss (preferably NOT loss for loss....) and take care of them when we play them, we should have no problems winning this division.

batmanZoSo
08-01-2004, 05:27 PM

9-3? What gives? I saw someone else was 11-7. How come I'm 2-5? Every stinkin year. This is like a .600 ballclub at home since 01. .300 when I show up. Bunch a deadbeats...

God help you all if I ever get season tickets.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 06:11 PM

What good is an opinion if its not expressed and explained. I merely ask to hear their side other than typical "KW sucks, sox suck" etc.

Frankfan4life
08-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Are you kidding? I've been a Sox fan for fifty years. If I quit on them every time things are bad, I'd have been through a long time ago.

I'll be continuing to (masochistically) follow them for the rest of the year. However, I just don't believe that ANY team can lose players of the caliber of Frank and Maggs and continue to be in the mix for the playoffs. I think they're done. But I'll hang in and hope to be proven wrong.You pretty much summed up how I feel.

hsnterprize
08-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Okay guys...as Hawk says, it's time to sit back, relax, and strap it down for August. July is thankfully over, and we can look forward to a new month with 2 new starting pitchers in the rotation. Incidentally, I was watching the CBS 2 News this morning at 10AM, and the reporters were saying what I'd expect them to say about the Sox and Cubs trades...Cubs fans LOVE their deal, while Sox fans aren't happy about their team's deal. Cubs fans were interviewed on the street, and all of them said Garciaparra's addition to the lineup will be a plus for them (I confess...I agree), while Sox fans in a restaurant in Bridgeport say the Sox shouldn't have gotten rid of Loaiza. No one mentioned that even thoug E-Lo was a 2-time all-star for the Sox (last year, he deserved to be at the All-Star Game, but not this year), he's been pitching barely above average at best, with a 4+ ERA, and surrendering more home runs now than he did all of last year. Personally, I'm sort of mixed about it, but I'm willing to give Contreras a chance. If he's going to pitch well as the Yankees said he would after his family situation was resolved, then I think we have a good anchor to our rotation. Loaiza will get hot with the Yanks for a while, but his armor will eventually crack, and the Yankees will have another problem in spite of having one of the best records in baseball.

As far as the Sox are concerned, last year, they were 16-13 in August, and that's a somewhat good sign considering the Twins were 18-11. My point...this is NOT the time to worry about the Twins. Of course, I'd like to see the Sox get hot and the Twins get cold this month so the Sox can not only gain ground on the Twins, but pass them and not have the 6 head to head meetings not be so important. Let's face it...it was not a pretty sight watching our team lay an egg in front of sold-out crowds while they were getting all the attention. Cubs fans were all but ready to call this season a dead one until they started getting hot this past week. Now, it's the Sox turn once again to get hot and pay attention to what's in front of them...a much-needed day off and a series at HOME against KC. If there's a time when the Sox can turn things around for the better...now is that time.

I'm holding out hope for a miracle on the south side, folks. Stranger things have happened in baseball for me to totally count the White Sox out. They don't look pretty, but remember...the Sox motto in 1983 was "Winning Ugly".

The Sox Pride is still alive with this guy. I don't know about you, but I'm not giving up on this team. It ain't over 'til it's over, y'all.

Oh by the way...the villian in Tron was Sark, the #2 to the movie's "Master Control Program."

GREETINGS PROGRAMS!!!!!!! Tron was an EXCELLENT MOVIE.

End of line.

idseer
08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE = StockdaleForVeep] As i witness many sox fans flee from this season like rats on a sinkin ship, im just curious. Who, such as myself, is still oboard with this team and having faith we can still finish ontop?

He started the thread, and it was his post you replied to. The poll options were "Im still with ya SFV", "Game over man!:::runs::", and "What was the name of the bad guy from tron?(undecided\on the edge)".

If someone chose the second option, it implies we have no chance and they're running away. Without an explanation, that implies fair-weather fan. He was simply asking why no one was posting after voting that option. If they chose it because they think the season's over BUT they're still going to stick with the team because they're a fan, it needs to be said. Otherwise it looks they're falling off the bandwagon.

And lately I've been seeing alot of posts of "I'm not watching the sox until they start winning.....yadda yadda yadda." I'd never say that, and even if I were 65 with a heart condition, I'd be watching every game whether it was hopeless or not. And it doesn't matter how pissed I am about a loss. When you say something, you mean it to some degree, regardless of what you're feeling at the time.

personally i think you're being obtuse, meal.

i SAID i was referring to the post i replied to
"I find it humorous that the voters who have given up havent posted a msg, just all us who are still with it have posted."

the suggestion here is that if someone doesn't reply to his post ... that person must be a fairweather fan!

as to the rest of your post .... i believe those who have made those yada yada yada statements are lying. perhaps lying is too strong a word. they are venting. and it's bad enough they feel the need to vent .... no. someone has to take them to task and start calling them names.
don't kid yourself into thinking you know what anyone really feels because of posts made after a bad loss or stretch. you're setting yourself up as judge and jury and you don't have that right.

SoxFanSince67
08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I am still hear, been with them for 32 years, and will be with the Sox til the day I die.
I too echo this sentiment. I've followed the Sox through ups and downs - mostly downs it seems - for years. I get aggravated when they don't play good baseball or when Management acts like an ass, but I love baseball and I love the Sox.

Harris=God
08-01-2004, 08:17 PM
im still on board

idseer
08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
What good is an opinion if its not expressed and explained. I merely ask to hear their side other than typical "KW sucks, sox suck" etc.it's as good as any opinion you have. not everyone feels the need or desire to explain on a poll. if you don't like that, then don't make a poll. just ask the question, why do you think the sox are thru? or are you really not going to watch any more sox games, and why?

personally i thought your 3 choices were so clever they weren't easily understood.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 10:24 PM
personally i think you're being obtuse, meal.

i SAID i was referring to the post i replied to
"I find it humorous that the voters who have given up havent posted a msg, just all us who are still with it have posted."

the suggestion here is that if someone doesn't reply to his post ... that person must be a fairweather fan!

as to the rest of your post .... i believe those who have made those yada yada yada statements are lying. perhaps lying is too strong a word. they are venting. and it's bad enough they feel the need to vent .... no. someone has to take them to task and start calling them names.
don't kid yourself into thinking you know what anyone really feels because of posts made after a bad loss or stretch. you're setting yourself up as judge and jury and you don't have that right.
You sure like to argue don't you? If someone makes a statement of their own accord, who are YOU to say THEY'RE lying. If you don't mean something don't put it in writing. It's all very simple. And there were plenty of posts made today AFTER the win, within THIS thread even, that show fair-weather-fan mentality.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Okay guys...as Hawk says, it's time to sit back, relax, and strap it down for August. July is thankfully over, and we can look forward to a new month with 2 new starting pitchers in the rotation. Incidentally, I was watching the CBS 2 News this morning at 10AM, and the reporters were saying what I'd expect them to say about the Sox and Cubs trades...Cubs fans LOVE their deal, while Sox fans aren't happy about their team's deal. Cubs fans were interviewed on the street, and all of them said Garciaparra's addition to the lineup will be a plus for them (I confess...I agree), while Sox fans in a restaurant in Bridgeport say the Sox shouldn't have gotten rid of Loaiza. No one mentioned that even thoug E-Lo was a 2-time all-star for the Sox (last year, he deserved to be at the All-Star Game, but not this year), he's been pitching barely above average at best, with a 4+ ERA, and surrendering more home runs now than he did all of last year. Personally, I'm sort of mixed about it, but I'm willing to give Contreras a chance. If he's going to pitch well as the Yankees said he would after his family situation was resolved, then I think we have a good anchor to our rotation. Loaiza will get hot with the Yanks for a while, but his armor will eventually crack, and the Yankees will have another problem in spite of having one of the best records in baseball.

As far as the Sox are concerned, last year, they were 16-13 in August, and that's a somewhat good sign considering the Twins were 18-11. My point...this is NOT the time to worry about the Twins. Of course, I'd like to see the Sox get hot and the Twins get cold this month so the Sox can not only gain ground on the Twins, but pass them and not have the 6 head to head meetings not be so important. Let's face it...it was not a pretty sight watching our team lay an egg in front of sold-out crowds while they were getting all the attention. Cubs fans were all but ready to call this season a dead one until they started getting hot this past week. Now, it's the Sox turn once again to get hot and pay attention to what's in front of them...a much-needed day off and a series at HOME against KC. If there's a time when the Sox can turn things around for the better...now is that time.

I'm holding out hope for a miracle on the south side, folks. Stranger things have happened in baseball for me to totally count the White Sox out. They don't look pretty, but remember...the Sox motto in 1983 was "Winning Ugly".

The Sox Pride is still alive with this guy. I don't know about you, but I'm not giving up on this team. It ain't over 'til it's over, y'all.

Oh by the way...the villian in Tron was Sark, the #2 to the movie's "Master Control Program."

GREETINGS PROGRAMS!!!!!!! Tron was an EXCELLENT MOVIE.

End of line.

My thoughts on contreras is this, is georgie boy and the evil empire spent that much to get a rookie defector, he's gotta have somethin special. Georgie may be insane, but he knows his baseball.

chisox06
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Well I'm still here, although the logic behind it again leaves me scratching my head. The sox are proving once again that they cannot win games when it really matters, and were in the stretch where winning games against division rivals becomes pivotal, and of course they start by losing 7 games in a row. BUT these are the sox, and thats all the reassurance I need that I'll be there till the end no matter how hard they may crush my optimistic dreams once again. Theres still plenty of baseball left.

idseer
08-01-2004, 11:11 PM
You sure like to argue don't you? If someone makes a statement of their own accord, who are YOU to say THEY'RE lying. If you don't mean something don't put it in writing. It's all very simple. And there were plenty of posts made today AFTER the win, within THIS thread even, that show fair-weather-fan mentality.
1. sometimes.

2. making a statement of your own accord (whatever that means) is fine as long as it's a personal view or opinion. but when it's a about someone else's opinions then that's not so fine.

3. i don't see it as fairweather at all. perhaps we disagree on the definition of what a fairweather fan is. i say a fairweather fan is one who wasn't a fan to begin with but became one as a result of the success of a team and is likely to desert when that same team experiences failure.
someone who was basically raised a sox fan, or moved to the area and became a fan because of locality is very unlikely to ever be considered a FF.
even if they get sick and tired of the team and decide to leave it. temporarily or permanently.
and i sure don't see how the people at this site could be considered FF's because they sure didn't become fans because of the success of this team. if they leave it's because they simply tire of the exhaustion of being a sox fan. it's not like they are turning into yankee fans is it?

The Big Squirt
08-01-2004, 11:37 PM
been here...staying here

mealfred13
08-02-2004, 12:51 AM
1. sometimes.

2. making a statement of your own accord (whatever that means) is fine as long as it's a personal view or opinion. but when it's a about someone else's opinions then that's not so fine.

3. i don't see it as fairweather at all. perhaps we disagree on the definition of what a fairweather fan is. i say a fairweather fan is one who wasn't a fan to begin with but became one as a result of the success of a team and is likely to desert when that same team experiences failure.
someone who was basically raised a sox fan, or moved to the area and became a fan because of locality is very unlikely to ever be considered a FF.
even if they get sick and tired of the team and decide to leave it. temporarily or permanently.
and i sure don't see how the people at this site could be considered FF's because they sure didn't become fans because of the success of this team. if they leave it's because they simply tire of the exhaustion of being a sox fan. it's not like they are turning into yankee fans is it?1. At least you're honest. :smile:

2. Making a statement of your own accord (defined as: saying something without being pressured by someone else to say it): What I meant by this is if someone says, I'm not watching any more sox games until they start winning, no one MADE them say this. So there is obviously some truth the the statement unless someone hijacked their WSI account.

3. I believe we do disagree on what a fairweather fan is. What you described is what I would call a bandwagon fan. As in, they aren't Sox "fans" until they start winning and getting more attention, like it's the cool thing to do (see: most cubs fans). Fairweather fans, on the other hand, are people who ARE Sox fans, by location, birthright, or what have you, but when the team starts losing or isn't playing to their liking, they stop watching, stop going to games, and stop following them in general until they hear they've won a couple games. This week, there were a good amount of people who stopped watching the games when we had lost a few in a row. The ones that watched every loss, no matter how hopeless, are real fans.

What good are fairweather fans if they won't go to a game because their team is losing or isn't in first place? It's the fans who are there through thick and thin that help the team get BACK into winning form.

StockdaleForVeep
08-02-2004, 01:33 AM
1. At least you're honest. :smile:

2. Making a statement of your own accord (defined as: saying something without being pressured by someone else to say it): What I meant by this is if someone says, I'm not watching any more sox games until they start winning, no one MADE them say this. So there is obviously some truth the the statement unless someone hijacked their WSI account.

3. I believe we do disagree on what a fairweather fan is. What you described is what I would call a bandwagon fan. As in, they aren't Sox "fans" until they start winning and getting more attention, like it's the cool thing to do (see: most cubs fans). Fairweather fans, on the other hand, are people who ARE Sox fans, by location, birthright, or what have you, but when the team starts losing or isn't playing to their liking, they stop watching, stop going to games, and stop following them in general until they hear they've won a couple games. This week, there were a good amount of people who stopped watching the games when we had lost a few in a row. The ones that watched every loss, no matter how hopeless, are real fans.

What good are fairweather fans if they won't go to a game because their team is losing or isn't in first place? It's the fans who are there through thick and thin that help the team get BACK into winning form.
I agree with number 3, we can see more examples of this from this season on the boards. Beginning of the season we had people who dispised schoenweis(i was one of them) then he starts winning and all a sudden "SCOTTS GREAT!"(i still didnt trust him) and now that he's losing again its "see we told ya! he sucks, kw sucks, sox suck"

People praised the garcia trade yet complain about not making key trades. But i will admit, theres a thin line between fairweather and bandwagon jumpers. When the sox get a streak goin and get back into first, we're gonna see a massive surge of people going "yes! we rule! sox #1!"

Granted the more fans the merrier but they simply dont have the same right to proclaim the sox when the many of us who withstood the torture of this stretch to see our boys back ontop

fuzzy_patters
08-02-2004, 01:46 AM
I will, of course, watch as many Sox games as possible until my dying day, and I continue to hope that they can put it back together through some miracle. However, I am watching the games now with a skeptical viewpoint. It makes the misery easier to take. Aw, who am I kidding? My couch pillows have the punch marks to prove it is not getting any easier to take. These guys need to win some games for my sanity alone.

mealfred13
08-02-2004, 04:16 AM
I agree with number 3, we can see more examples of this from this season on the boards. Beginning of the season we had people who dispised schoenweis(i was one of them) then he starts winning and all a sudden "SCOTTS GREAT!"(i still didnt trust him) and now that he's losing again its "see we told ya! he sucks, kw sucks, sox suck"

People praised the garcia trade yet complain about not making key trades. But i will admit, theres a thin line between fairweather and bandwagon jumpers. When the sox get a streak goin and get back into first, we're gonna see a massive surge of people going "yes! we rule! sox #1!"

Granted the more fans the merrier but they simply dont have the same right to proclaim the sox when the many of us who withstood the torture of this stretch to see our boys back ontopWell put. Like I said before, I don't care if I have a heart condition, I'm watching these guys win or lose, even if it means I need to be resuscitated.

Edit: I DON'T have a heart condition, thank God. But I was speaking hypothetically. :smile:

StockdaleForVeep
08-02-2004, 04:30 AM
Well put. Like I said before, I don't care if I have a heart condition, I'm watching these guys win or lose, even if it means I need to be resuscitated.

Edit: I DON'T have a heart condition, thank God. But I was speaking hypothetically. :smile:
I also question the validity of a new poll\thread made thats devoted to who's still with the team, i question because it comes after our losing streak was snapped.

Lou-Taylor, it's not your job to make excuses. that's all you guys do good. it's either a leg thing or a spiritual thing, or a psychological thing, or a heart attack.
jake-Who used heart attack?
Lou-me...::collapses::::

idseer
08-02-2004, 09:07 AM

What good are fairweather fans if they won't go to a game because their team is losing or isn't in first place? It's the fans who are there through thick and thin that help the team get BACK into winning form.you know what? you're right. i was confusing the two.
however i still disagree about what you call 'real' fans. you don't have to follow fanatically every game to be a 'real' fan.

and when you ask what good a fairweather fans is, i'd ask what good are 'real' fans? you don't "help the team get BACK into winning form" because you're a 'real' fan. rooting doesn't help anyone other than the rooter. and if you claim that your admittance fee to games are helping, then i'd say so are bandwagon and casual fans. and people who can't go to games for whatever reason can't be 'real' fans. so unless you actually donate money aside from buying tickets or get out on the field to show willie how to bunt i say you don't help the team period.
and i always got a kick out of some people saying they have 'more right to proclaim' the sox than other fans. what horsecrap! the old adage "that plus 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee" really applies here. hey, if it somehow pleases you to think you're a better fan than someone else and that you have special privileges that come with it .... then i think you have a problem.

incidently, i'm going on record as admitting i am a fairweather fans of the bulls and bears ... because frankly it is thoroughly not pleasant to involve myself with their situations.

Hangar18
08-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Being swept by the cubs, then by the Twins, Losing Maggs, Refusing to ReSign Him, getting under-bid for Nomar has got me the Lowest Ive been with these Bozos in quite some time. Theyve managed to extinguish my passion ..... :angry:

hsnterprize
08-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Being swept by the cubs, then by the Twins, Losing Maggs, Refusing to ReSign Him, getting under-bid for Nomar has got me the Lowest Ive been with these Bozos in quite some time. Theyve managed to extinguish my passion ..... :angry:Hey Hangar...

Look...I know it's been a rough week. Just remember...last week, the Cubs fans were ready to write this season off because of their team trailing St. Louis by so many games. Now, I know this is tough for us to deal with as far as Nomar going to the north side and everything, but take heart...they haven't won anything yet. It's still a good month and a half before the Cubs can really start talking about winning the NL Wildcard. The hype is strong for right now...I know. But it will eventually fade away.

As for our team, don't lost hope. Sure, they're down by 5 games now, but there have been weirder things happening in baseball over the years to totally count the Sox out. This is still a talented team in spite of Frank and Maggs being hurt. However, we all know if this team doesn't play with some Latino heat from Ozzie, we're in trouble. So...I'm confident this team can turn it around. They've had good Augusts the past couple of years, and they're not out of it.

See how you feel at the end of this week. Remember...last week we were riding high. There's no reason why that can't happen again.

One more thing...this is post #1,000 for me. Huge milestone!!!!! Let's go for another grand, and a pennant while we're at it!!!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :gulp: :cheers: :hug: :hug: :dancers:

wdelaney72
08-02-2004, 01:51 PM
That's where I'm at. I'm still a fan, and I know they have a chance, but I'm REALLY disappointed KW didn't pick up any offensive help. Without Maggs and Frank in the lineup, the offense is just not very good.

I am glad that Loaiza was sent packing. Talk about someone breaking your heart. I only hope he continues to pitch the same for the evil empire.

ode to veeck
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm still with ya, SFV, but its been a rough week, deja vu from early saeson a year or so ago, getting knocked around by the Kittens is really sad ...

mealfred13
08-02-2004, 04:42 PM
you know what? you're right. i was confusing the two.
however i still disagree about what you call 'real' fans. you don't have to follow fanatically every game to be a 'real' fan.
That is true; although, the very meaning of the word fan comes from fanatic. I guess it's lost some meaning over the years, which is why I make the distinction between a fan and a FAN, or "real" fan.

and when you ask what good a fairweather fans is, i'd ask what good are 'real' fans? you don't "help the team get BACK into winning form" because you're a 'real' fan. rooting doesn't help anyone other than the rooter.
I like to think rooting at a game helps more than just the rooter, but then I've never played in a major league ballpark, so it may just be annoying to the hitter. I'd also like to think cheers of "Paulie! Paulie!" by thousands of fans during a slump would have some positive effect, but then it doesn't seem Paulie needs any help at the moment, eh? :wink:

and if you claim that your admittance fee to games are helping, then i'd say so are bandwagon and casual fans.
I never thought about the paying for tickets aspect, but that is true.

and people who can't go to games for whatever reason can't be 'real' fans.
Watching them on TV during a losing streak is good enough for me to denote a "real" fan.

so unless you actually donate money aside from buying tickets or get out on the field to show willie how to bunt i say you don't help the team period.
HAHAHAHAH! I wish I could...I wish I could...:D:

and i always got a kick out of some people saying they have 'more right to proclaim' the sox than other fans. what horsecrap! the old adage "that plus 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee" really applies here. hey, if it somehow pleases you to think you're a better fan than someone else and that you have special privileges that come with it .... then i think you have a problem.
I don't think I'm a better fan than anyone else, but it does annoy me when people make statements about not watching the game because we're losing, or saying we're done for the season, and then a few wins later, they're predicting ALCS berths. If that's the kind of faith you have in the team, you never really HAD faith in the team. I think that faith in the team, win or lose, is what makes people fans.

incidently, i'm going on record as admitting i am a fairweather fans of the bulls and bears ... because frankly it is thoroughly not pleasant to involve myself with their situations.
I agree to some extent with that. I was a bulls fan when they were good, but once they lost Jordan and Pippen and the other big players that made up the core of the championship team, I lost interest. Haven't followed them since. But then I was never a big basketball fan to begin with, so I guess I was a bandwagon fan of the bulls when they were winning.

As for the Bears: I've been a Bears fan since I was young, even when they sucked horribly (which incidentally is every year since they won the Superbowl). I watch 'em every year though, and hope for the best. Speaking of which, I like their chances this year. :wink:

idseer
08-02-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't think I'm a better fan than anyone else, but it does annoy me when people make statements about not watching the game because we're losing, or saying we're done for the season, and then a few wins later, they're predicting ALCS berths. If that's the kind of faith you have in the team, you never really HAD faith in the team. I think that faith in the team, win or lose, is what makes people fans.
it doesn't annoy me at all. what do i care if someone else gets burned out on the team? i don't blame them! the sox will do that to ya. i would only add that i simply don't put much stock in what they had to say about the sox.
as for faith ..... well. i don't have any faith .... i only have hope. but i'm still a fan. :smile:

by the way. you DO know my initial comments weren't aimed at you, right?

As for the Bears: I've been a Bears fan since I was young, even when they sucked horribly (which incidentally is every year since they won the Superbowl). I watch 'em every year though, and hope for the best. Speaking of which, I like their chances this year. :wink:
HA! you poor sucker! :redneck

mealfred13
08-02-2004, 07:11 PM
it doesn't annoy me at all. what do i care if someone else gets burned out on the team? i don't blame them! the sox will do that to ya. i would only add that i simply don't put much stock in what they had to say about the sox.
as for faith ..... well. i don't have any faith .... i only have hope. but i'm still a fan. :smile:

by the way. you DO know my initial comments weren't aimed at you, right?
I do now, but it doesn't really bother me either way. It takes alot to bother me, you should know :wink:

And with that, let me present:

:tomatoaward

MikeW
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I never say die. Even during the 'down' years I haven't given up and won't give up now. We are a winning streak away from getting right back in it. I remember a quote by Bill Veeck that went something like "the unexpected happens as frequently as what is wished for". Or something like that. :rolleyes:

StockdaleForVeep
08-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Being swept by the cubs, then by the Twins, Losing Maggs, Refusing to ReSign Him, getting under-bid for Nomar has got me the Lowest Ive been with these Bozos in quite some time. Theyve managed to extinguish my passion ..... :angry:

:o:

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Although they played like cow dung while I was in Chicago, my loyalties are entrenched. I have re-kindled a fire I had not fed since the 94 strike. I don't care who is on the team, if they are wearing White Sox colors, they are my team. I support the colors. I hate that Maggs and Frank are out, and I hate that the rest of the offense swings for the five-run homer. The ones that you love the most will always hurt you the most. But you can't stop the intense, buring passion.

Baseball is full of the unusual, the improbable and the just plain weird: The 69 Cubs and the Miracle Mets. :bandance: Bill Buckner. And sometimes they all happen in one game: Steve Bartman. :bandance: Alex Gonzalez :bandance: Mark Prior :bandance: The Marlins. :bandance:

You can't count on something like this happening to another team, but you can't rule it out either. That's what makes baseball great.

Besides, THEY ARE ONLY 5 GAMES BACK WITH 2 MONTHS LEFT!

The Sox have the best rotation in the Central. The offense hurts, but we can't rule out a waiver deal. We can't rule out a monster August from Crede, Lee and Konerko. We can't rule out Contreras throwing shutouts. We can't rule ANYTHING out...even winning the division by 10 games.

:supernana:

So yeah, maybe I'm smoking crack, but I'm still aboard. :cool:

StockdaleForVeep
08-05-2004, 12:25 AM
OH NO! 58 GAMES LEFT IN THE SEASON AND OUR WORST STARTER GOT BLOWN OUT TODAY! THE SEASONS OVER!!!!!

(If this post could be any teal'er, the entire mb would be incinerated into cyberdust)

Get acquainted with it people

JB98
08-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Stock, I hope you'll give me credit. I told you it was over last week, and I never wavered in my belief despite the brief glimmer of hope that arose with a 2-game winning streak.

I'd love to say I'm with ya, but I'm afraid our hopes are gone for 2004.

AnkleSox
08-05-2004, 01:22 AM
I hate to say, but I've lost almost all hope for this year. I realize a wild card berth is still very possible and a division title is somewhat possible, but this roll up and die attitude reminiscent of last year has me questioning the team.

StockdaleForVeep
08-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Stock, I hope you'll give me credit. I told you it was over last week, and I never wavered in my belief despite the brief glimmer of hope that arose with a 2-game winning streak.

I'd love to say I'm with ya, but I'm afraid our hopes are gone for 2004.
Again, why after 1 blowout is the season deemed over?

If i believe correctly, didnt the marlins give up 12 runs before a recorded out in the 1st inning to the redsox last season? I forget the final of the game, i think it was a titanly 25-8 but i def remember that 1st inning, took 3 pitchers to get the first out.......Refresh my memory banks but, what happened to those defeated marlins?

and dont argue semantics over that the marlins scored 8 runs because its irrelevant to todays kc game. Point is they got blown out prob worst in baseball history and what happened?

idseer
08-05-2004, 07:46 AM

If i believe correctly, didnt the marlins give up 12 runs before a recorded out in the 1st inning to the redsox last season? I forget the final of the game, i think it was a titanly 25-8 but i def remember that 1st inning, took 3 pitchers to get the first out.......Refresh my memory banks but, what happened to those defeated marlins?

and dont argue semantics over that the marlins scored 8 runs because its irrelevant to todays kc game. Point is they got blown out prob worst in baseball history and what happened?for every example like that there are probably 1,000 examples of that losing team getting smeared and never recovering. pointing out a single game like this is ridiculous.
do you not believe your own eyes? is there something going on with this team that you feel is going to suddenly completely change? do you think jose, joe, juan, willie, mj, scott and mr' nobodies in right field and catcher are going to miraculously reinvent themselves?

being of a positive nature is one thing .... being a blind fool is quite another.

StockdaleForVeep
08-05-2004, 07:10 PM
for every example like that there are probably 1,000 examples of that losing team getting smeared and never recovering. pointing out a single game like this is ridiculous.
do you not believe your own eyes? is there something going on with this team that you feel is going to suddenly completely change? do you think jose, joe, juan, willie, mj, scott and mr' nobodies in right field and catcher are going to miraculously reinvent themselves?

being of a positive nature is one thing .... being a blind fool is quite another.
Read the braille for me and tell me how many games are left in the season and where it states minnesota will win every one and we lose every one

idseer
08-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Read the braille for me and tell me how many games are left in the season and where it states minnesota will win every one and we lose every one
ok stock ole man .... you just hang in there. :rolleyes:

JB98
08-05-2004, 10:45 PM

and dont argue semantics over that the marlins scored 8 runs because its irrelevant to todays kc game. Point is they got blown out prob worst in baseball history and what happened?

I'm not arguing semantics, and I'm not deeming the season over because of one blowout. I am deeming the season over for the following reasons:

1. Maggs and Frank are out for an extended period.
2. We don't know that Maggs and Frank are going to be back at all.
3. Our third baseman is hitting .230.
4. Our shortstop is hitting .220 and making errors left and right.
5. Our second base platoon is so bad that KW made a desperation move to acquire a washed-up Alomar.
6. We have three back-up catchers.
7. Nobody in right field is getting the job done.
8. Our fourth and fifth starter spots are black holes.
9. Takatsu is the only man in the bullpen we can trust.
10. We aren't even competitive against second-division clubs like DET and KC.
11. Minnesota continues to win series, taking two of three from quality clubs like BOS and ANA.

I could go on, but what's the point?