PDA

View Full Version : Who'da Thunk It?

Cellview22
07-31-2004, 09:25 PM
A week ago tonight, the Sox played in front of a frenzied sold out crowd at the Cell, Crede blasts a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th to win their 4th in a row, and go 10 over .500 for the first time. Most importantly it put the Sox 1/2 game in front of the Twins. Even w/out Frank and Maggs, I was optimistic! THAT WAS 7 FREAKIN DAYS AGO!!

What's everyone's explanation of this nightmarish week? And how long will this slide last??

South Side
07-31-2004, 09:27 PM
There is no explanation... I am just hoping that as quickly as it happened the opposite will occur. Am I a fool? :?:

Blob
07-31-2004, 09:29 PM
There is no explanation... I am just hoping that as quickly as it happened the opposite will occur. Am I a fool? :?:
Not in my book! Besides there are other more important things in life to fret over than the Sox losing!

Nard
07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Just goes to show how quickly things change.

We could be winning the division as soon as Friday.

Who knows?

doublem23
07-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Just goes to show how quickly things change.

We could be winning the division as soon as Friday.

Who knows?
Don't spread that kind of optimistic blasphemy around here. You and I know damn well that this season is over. :rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
07-31-2004, 10:42 PM
A week ago tonight, the Sox played in front of a frenzied sold out crowd at the Cell, Crede blasts a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th to win their 4th in a row, and go 10 over .500 for the first time. Most importantly it put the Sox 1/2 game in front of the Twins. Even w/out Frank and Maggs, I was optimistic! THAT WAS 7 FREAKIN DAYS AGO!!

What's everyone's explanation of this nightmarish week? And how long will this slide last??
I cannot see this team making up a 5 game deficit. They've been hovering a game up or below the Twins all year, but now I really think we're doomed. The funny thing is after Crede hit that homer I said they were gonna go on a tear...and they haven't won since that night. What kind of baseball team doesn't feed off a game like that? I think we have much to exorcise from this Manuel curse. It's still strong within them.

BigEdWalsh
07-31-2004, 10:54 PM
It is weird how in one weeks time things could go SO bad. But it happened and it's not gonna be easy or sad to say too likely that it's gonna turn around. :(:

However, stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
07-31-2004, 10:59 PM
It is weird how in one weeks time things could go SO bad. But it happened and it's not gonna be easy or sad to say too likely that it's gonna turn around. :(:

However, stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:They didn't get into this mess by playing a weeks worth of games. They got into it one game at a time and that's how they are going to get out of it. :D:

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 12:53 AM
They didn't get into this mess by playing a weeks worth of games. They got into it one game at a time and that's how they are going to get out of it. :D:

Great post! And whats everyone so worried about? July......IT GAWN! Bring on our best August ever! :smile:

pczarapa
08-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Hell, it's not like we're getting blown out, we've lost the last four games by 1 run. I'm going to chalk this up as a bad July, and a really bad last 7 days. I'm not hitting the eject button yet. Regardless, we all know how to cope with the Sox not getting to the playoffs, we've had tons of practice!

OurBitchinMinny
08-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Not in my book! Besides there are other more important things in life to fret over than the Sox losing!
There is?

OEO Magglio
08-01-2004, 01:14 AM
There is?Not that I know of.