PDA

View Full Version : Cubs or Yankees: I can't tell the difference

jlh0023
07-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Hmmm.... trading crappy players and cash for all-stars, where have i seen this before. Why don't they change it from the mlb to the ml$. Any thoughts?

RKMeibalane
07-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Don't worry, dude. Neither team is going to win the World Series, so all that wheeling and dealing will have amounted to nothing.

SoxEd
07-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Don't worry, dude. Neither team is going to win the World Series, so all that wheeling and dealing will have amounted to nothing.
Now, why did you have to go and post this?

That's a massive invitation to Fate to bring about our nightmare WS this year.:D:

MRKARNO
07-31-2004, 08:38 PM
Can't Tell the difference? I'd say that you're blind if you cant see the 20+ Championships that the Yanks have since 1908 compared to the 0 of the Cubs

Erik The Red
07-31-2004, 08:51 PM
I thought it was quite obvious that he was referring to their business practices, not their performance on the field.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 08:58 PM
I thought it was quite obvious that he was referring to their business practices, not their performance on the field.
Unless you're a complete idiot, Cubs and Yankees should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

In other words, it's only excusable if you're an idiot Flubs fan.

:lynch&mcfail
"The nets make Wrigley perfectly safe, and we would never endanger the public, and the head of stadium maintenance just resigned but that has nothing to do with this latest scandal... err.. lack of communication. Now more than ever, we can proudly call it Beeeeaut-iful Wrigley Field!"

OurBitchinMinny
07-31-2004, 10:11 PM
My money is still on the boys from st louey

SouthSideRyan
07-31-2004, 11:20 PM
Ummm, Boston gave up the cash to the Cubs, not vice versa.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Well who do you think WILL win the world series?

doublem23
08-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Here's the difference...
Yankees = 26 World Titles
Cubs = 2

Yankee fans have reserved the right to be obnoxious, pompous, and generally pig-headed.

Nard
08-01-2004, 01:24 AM
The Yankees go out there and play 100% every day. Every single player gives it their all.

Yeah, their owner's an ass and they monopolize the baseball world.

But their play more than makes up for any irrational hate towards them... at least for me.

vegyrex
08-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Here's the difference...
Yankees = 26 World Titles
Cubs = 2

Yankee fans have reserved the right to be obnoxious, pompous, and generally pig-headed.
Cubs = 12 last place finishes
Yankees = 4

:smile::D::redface::tongue::wink:

Nellie_Fox
08-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Do you really believe that Loiaza deserved to be an Allstar this year?

I am, however, pissed that the Cubs ended up with Nomar. He was very hurt by his teammates saying that they would rather have ARod, and didn't seem to want to be in Boston any more. He is liable to have a rejuvenation with the Cubs.

Lip Man 1
08-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Funny how Nomar was supposed to be headed to the Sox over the winter isn't it? Once again the baseball gods laugh at the Sox.

Lip

doublem23
08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Funny how Nomar was supposed to be headed to the Sox over the winter isn't it? Once again the baseball gods laugh at the Sox.

Lip
I'd say the bigger joke was Maggs' injury. I'll put it to you bluntly, Lip... Maggs > Nomar.

voodoochile
08-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Unless you're a complete idiot, Cubs and Yankees should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

In other words, it's only excusable if you're an idiot Flubs fan.

:lynch&mcfail
"The nets make Wrigley perfectly safe, and we would never endanger the public, and the head of stadium maintenance just resigned but that has nothing to do with this latest scandal... err.. lack of communication. Now more than ever, we can proudly call it Beeeeaut-iful Wrigley Field!"
Exactly, not to mention those 25 championship rings... or is it 26 by now?

Hangar18
08-01-2004, 05:10 PM

Lip
What gets me ......is the SOX were trading a legitimate, REAL player,
an All-Star to get Nomar, and the cubs end up trading a bad SS and a minor-leaguer for him. Ridiculous, I wish the RedSox nothing but badluck for that one. If the Cubs got a GoldGlove, power-hitting SS for nothing ....
WHY WERENT THE SOX IN LINE ALSO ????????????? I hate this team :angry:

Hangar18
08-01-2004, 05:15 PM
This "move" is further evidence that the game of baseball really is eroding.
If you wouldve told me last year, the Cubs would 2 gold glove infielders,
I wouldve Laughed and said "yeah, unless you put Nomar and Derrek Lee in a cubs uniform, they'll Never have gold glovers over there". Of course, look
at the circumstances at how they arrived .........

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2004, 02:10 AM

LipSecond time I've agreed with you today. That may be a record. :wink:

34rancher
08-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Do you really believe that Loiaza deserved to be an Allstar this year?

NO! But that is how Joe Torre (and the all-star game) works. He can get a potential Yankee alone for one weekend to convince him that after the season, free agency should lead him to the pinstripes. Trust me. If Mark Buerhle was a free agent at the end of the year, he would have been on the all-star team.

Lip Man 1
08-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Well when the Sox ever win something important and their manager is running the A.L. at the All Star Game they they can convince other players to join them.

To the victors belong the spoils and that's part of the game.

Lip

SouthSideRyan
08-02-2004, 04:03 PM
This "move" is further evidence that the game of baseball really is eroding.
If you wouldve told me last year, the Cubs would 2 gold glove infielders,
I wouldve Laughed and said "yeah, unless you put Nomar and Derrek Lee in a cubs uniform, they'll Never have gold glovers over there". Of course, look
at the circumstances at how they arrived .........1. Nomar is not a gold glove defender anymore. He's actually been quite bad at SS this year because of his achilles.

2. Are you suggesting that trades shouldn't happen? Have you seen Choi's numbers this year, are you going to argue that Choi and Nannini for Lee wasn't fair? Are you already writing off the 3 prospects the Cubs gave up in the deal as nobodies?

Makes me wonder what you were saying last year when Colon came to the Sox for absolutely nothing. At least the Red Sox aren't 1/29th owned by the Cubs as the Expos were for the Sox.

Foulke You
08-02-2004, 07:44 PM
What gets me ......is the SOX were trading a legitimate, REAL player,
an All-Star to get Nomar, and the cubs end up trading a bad SS and a minor-leaguer for him. Ridiculous, I wish the RedSox nothing but badluck for that one. If the Cubs got a GoldGlove, power-hitting SS for nothing ....
WHY WERENT THE SOX IN LINE ALSO ????????????? I hate this team :angry:
That is what boggles my mind about the whole Nomar trade. Several months ago, the Red Sox felt that Nomar was worth getting a franchise player in return i.e. Magglio Ordonez. A stud SS for a stud RF. The deal made sense. Now, several months later...they trade the same stud SS essentially for an Expos SS who is having an off year (Cabrera) and a light hitting 1B from the Twins (Doug Mienkievicz) ***?? Why would Theo Epstein crumble like that in his trade demands when he was getting so much more for Nomar before the season started? It sounds like a panic move to me. The Red Sox got "something" in return for their franchise SS but not nearly enough in my mind.

SoxFan76
08-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Ugh, ok people. Nomar is nothing more than a name. He can't hit outside Fenway, and his defense has declined from his better days in the league. I'm happy the Cubs got him. Soon enough they will want him out of town.

bobj4400
08-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Ugh, ok people. Nomar is nothing more than a name. He can't hit outside Fenway, and his defense has declined from his better days in the league. I'm happy the Cubs got him. Soon enough they will want him out of town.
THANK YOU...All of this Nomar=Gold glove SS talk is laughable. His .266 career BA away from Fenway isnt too impressive either.

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
THANK YOU...All of this Nomar=Gold glove SS talk is laughable. His .266 career BA away from Fenway isnt too impressive either.
Very good points ........... but is Fenway the new Wrigley for him?
Not to mention the 30 point rise when going from NL to AL ......
We may see other teams fans wanting him out of town soon enough ...
good point