PDA

View Full Version : Rickey Henderson

Paulwny
09-30-2001, 11:56 AM
RICKEY TALES: Many Rickey Henderson stories are part myth, part truth, but a San Diego Padres player tells this one about the future Hall of Famer.

Henderson was as usual the last man to board a Padres bus where veterans sit at the back, each veteran getting two seats, with the rookies doubling up at the front of the bus.

Henderson surveyed the scene and seeing there weren't any open seats contemplated his next move when Padres GM Kevin Towers said: "Rickey you've got tenure, tell some one to move."

"Tenure?" Henderson said, "Rickey's got 23 years."

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 12:21 PM
LOL! My favorite Rickey story will always be the Olerud one.

oldcomiskey
09-30-2001, 12:38 PM
what Olerud story is that Geezer

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
what Olerud story is that Geezer When Rickey had been with the M's for a while he approached John Olerud. He tells him he noticed he wore a batting helmet in the field. Rickey says, "When I was with Toronto there was another dude who wore a batting helmet in the field". Olerud replies, "That was me, Rickey".

RichieRichAllen
09-30-2001, 02:02 PM
When I lived in the Bay Area, I took my girlfriend out to an A's game while Rickey was still there. We were sitting out in left field and she somehow got Rickey's attention early in the game. The guy proceeded to blow kisses and flirt with her the rest of the game. Not being the jealous type, I personally, as well as all the fans surrounding us got a big kick out it.

OK, that's my Rickey story.......