PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Loaiza Bobbleheads

Brian26
07-31-2004, 03:52 PM
What the hell are we going to do with all of these now? Does Kenny have room for them in his garage?

Daver
07-31-2004, 03:53 PM
What the hell are we going to do with all of these now? Does Kenny have room for them in his garage?
He's got a fairly large garage.

:)

RKMeibalane
07-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Maybe the bobbleheads were part of the deal.

StrTrkker
07-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Man...

Good thing I bought a Konerko Jersey a few weeks ago instead of Loaiza.

BTW...didnt they just film a commercial with Loaiza?

Viva Magglio
07-31-2004, 04:06 PM
Ship the E-Lo bobbleheads to NY too.

JoseCanseco6969
07-31-2004, 04:09 PM
hahaha i wonder what they're gonna do for the promotion???

WSox8404
07-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Jose Contreras bobblehead day!!!

Jjav829
07-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Man...

BTW...didnt they just film a commercial with Loaiza?Good decision. I bought a Loaiza jersey about a month ago. The worst part is a Cubs fans sold it to me. It was a replica though and I only paid $35 so Im not too concerned.

Edit: They did shoot a commercial with Loaiza, Buehrle, and Garcia where the focal point was supposed to be how Garcia would enjoy it here because of all the runs he'd get. I haven't seen it yet. They were probably holding it back until we actually started scoring runs again.- Scratch that. I finally saw it tonight. Makes it looks worse since we can't score now. :(:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2004, 04:19 PM
Man...

BTW...didnt they just film a commercial with Loaiza? I'm sure they can hire WU to change Loaiza to Contreas. :redneck

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Good decision. I bought a Loaiza jersey about a month ago.
This is exactly why I don't buy any jerseys with current players unless you know they are future HOF's or something like that. I have Fisk jerseys (of course) which are timeless IMO, and even a Frank Thomas jersey would be good because he's the Sox top hitter of all-time and that's understandable. But guys like Loaiza, Everett, Rowand, etc....thanks but no thanks. Save your money or put your own last name on the jersey. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 04:39 PM
This is exactly why I don't buy any jerseys with current players unless you know they are future HOF's or something like that. I have Fisk jerseys (of course) which are timeless IMO, and even a Frank Thomas jersey would be good because he's the Sox top hitter of all-time and that's understandable. But guys like Loaiza, Everett, Rowand, etc....thanks but no thanks. Save your money or put your own last name on the jersey. :smile:When you get old and gray-haired (or bald), you do like me and leave the jerseys blank or buy a vintage Sox jersey and put a vintage Sox ballplayer's number on it.

For example my 1987 vintage Sox jersey is going into the shop for a navy blue #22 for good ol' Ivan Calderon, one of my all-time favorite Sox ballplayers. Next I have to convince Mrs. PHG to let me get the Mr. T. starter kit to wear around my neck at the ballpark whenever I wear good ol' #22's jersey.

:redface:

Erik The Red
07-31-2004, 04:56 PM
PHG, Where do you get your jerseys numbered at? There's a place near me, but they're unable to order the authentic-styled names/numbers.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 05:00 PM
PHG, Where do you get your jerseys numbered at? There's a place near me, but they're unable to order the authentic-styled names/numbers.
I've left them blank, until now. I was planning to take mine to Grandstand by Sox Park. Aren't theirs authentic numerals?

Help. Now you've got me worried.
:?:

Chisox_cali
07-31-2004, 05:00 PM
They'll go the same way as the Atari E.T. Video Games cartridges :D:

Whitesox029
07-31-2004, 05:06 PM
hahaha i wonder what they're gonna do for the promotion???Hand out Contreras bobbleheads? I wonder if they'll still be in yankee uniforms.

Whitesox029
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
They'll go the same way as the Atari E.T. Video Games cartridges :D:And the official 1994 World Series baseballs

Erik The Red
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
I've left them blank, until now. I was planning to take mine to Grandstand by Sox Park. Aren't theirs authentic numerals?

:?: No, don't worry, they're available, it's just that the place near me doesn't order them for some reason. A place like Grandstand is pretty much guaranteed to get 'em, I'd just like to find a place closer to my apartment, and since you live in the western suburbs I thought you might know of a good local place.

Daver
07-31-2004, 05:08 PM
No, don't worry, they're available, it's just that the place near me doesn't order them for some reason. A place like Grandstand is pretty much guaranteed to get 'em, I'd just like to find a place closer to my apartment, and since you live in the western suburbs I thought you might know of a good local place.
There is a place in Mokena that you can get it at, the name escapes me at the moment.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 05:16 PM
:KW
"DOH!"

:reinsy
"Kenny, I want to see you in my office. Shut the door behind you would you please."

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 05:18 PM
And the official 1994 World Series baseballs
:schueler
"DOH!"

:reinsy
"Ron, I want to see you in my office. Would you please shut the door behind you."

Blob
07-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Damn, I have tickets to this game. Hopefully they will bring something on eBay...

Brian26
07-31-2004, 05:43 PM
PHG-

FYI, I was at Grandstand this morning to pick up a couple of things. They indeed have the '87 home jersey now, so I'm fairly confident they have the numbers to put on the back. (Hey - Remember that those jerseys never had names on the back, and the road jerseys only had names for the last 2/3 of the '90 season).

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 05:53 PM
PHG-

FYI, I was at Grandstand this morning to pick up a couple of things. They indeed have the '87 home jersey now, so I'm fairly confident they have the numbers to put on the back. (Hey - Remember that those jerseys never had names on the back, and the road jerseys only had names for the last 2/3 of the '90 season).Thanks for the heads up. Mine is actually an old-timey replica from back in the day I picked from a Canadian dealer on eBay. I recall he had quite a selection of old-timey hockey sweaters, too. Gee, what a surprise. Needless to say it costs me a whole lot less than those Mitchell & Ness new age vintage versions.

I'll look great showing off for my son "Pants" in the basement wearing my ol' #22, the gold chains around my neck, and swinging my game-used Ivan Calderon bat. He can watch sitting in my authentic cheap seat from Old Comiskey, holding my Ribbie & Roobarb plush toys.

Notice they're all MINE.

:)

PHG -------->http://flyingsock.com/OldComiskey/Reinsdorf6.jpg

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 05:58 PM
BEN DAVIS BOBBLEHEAD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

npdempse
07-31-2004, 06:07 PM
There is a place in Mokena that you can get it at, the name escapes me at the moment.
Triple Threat, IIRC.

And the Garcia/Loaiza/Buehrle commercial's been on pretty frequently over the last week.

Erik The Red
07-31-2004, 06:24 PM
^ Yeah, I remember hearing about Triple Threat, maybe I should give them a call.

Daver
07-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Triple Threat, IIRC.

That's it.

Thank you.

TDog
07-31-2004, 06:44 PM
When I lived in Wisconsin and went to a lot of Brewers games, they held Bob Wickman poster night two days after he was traded to the Indidans.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 06:47 PM
When I lived in Wisconsin and went to a lot of Brewers games, they held Bob Wickman poster night two days after he was traded to the Indidans.
Bob Wickman has a poster?

:roflmao:

TDog
07-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Bob Wickman was the most popular player on the Brewers. He was a Wisconsin boy, and a good closer on a lousy team.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2004, 07:10 PM
Bob Wickman has a poster?

:roflmao: Last year when I drove some 1200 miles to see the White Sox play in TB, they were giving out posters of the devil ray's required all star reliever Lance Carter. It's pretty pathetic when some of these teams with very little talent try to do promotions based on players.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Last year when I drove some 1200 miles to see the White Sox play in TB, they were giving out posters of the devil ray's required all star reliever Lance Carter. It's pretty pathetic when some of these teams with very little talent try to do promotions based on players.
Tell me about it. I still have some old Sox give-aways from Old Comiskey back in the late-80's featuring Ricky Horton, Dave LaPoint, and Freddy Manrique.

Viva Magglio
07-31-2004, 07:25 PM
A few years ago, I went to a Brewers game at County Stadium where they gave away posters of a player they just traded, but I forgot his name.

Viva Magglio
07-31-2004, 07:29 PM
How did Jose Valentin-E join the Tigers?

ewokpelts
07-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh my god...i bought ten tix(aside from my regular season seats) to cash in on the bobbleheads. I've already sold 3. Brian's post just made realize that i'm $#@$@#.
Genw

ewokpelts
07-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Triple Threat, IIRC.

And the Garcia/Loaiza/Buehrle commercial's been on pretty frequently over the last week.Triple Threat does good work. they did my 03 al asg jersey, as well as my 03 sox jerseys. Despite the three week wait, they're good. And cheeper than grandstand.
Gene

Brian26
07-31-2004, 10:44 PM
holding my Ribbie & Roobarb plush toys.

I had those Ribbie and Roobarb plush toys and sold them a couple of years ago for a nice buck on Ebay.

HITMEN OF 77
07-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Tell me about it. I still have some old Sox give-aways from Old Comiskey back in the late-80's featuring Ricky Horton, Dave LaPoint, and Freddy Manrique.

Wait....No Carlos Martinez or Jeff Bittiger stuff? :D:

Brian26
07-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Don't forget Jerry Reuss and Gary Redus.

StockdaleForVeep
07-31-2004, 10:50 PM
:hawk
"First 10,000 fans get bobble dolls, sans head....Mercy"

voodoochile
07-31-2004, 11:17 PM
:hawk
"First 10,000 fans get bobble dolls, sans head....Mercy"
*****!

POTW! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2615)

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 12:13 AM
*****!

POTW! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2615)

Woo hoo, what do i win, and you better not tell me its a Bobblehead!!!!

http://www.aartfraud.com/phish/weddingphotos/homer_shotgun.gif

doublem23
08-01-2004, 12:15 AM

Of course not... Bobbleheads need heads. :tongue:

BainesHOF
08-01-2004, 12:18 AM
For those who care, I think the Sox are going to have to give out the Loaiza bobbleheads on the appointed day. Too many people bought tickets for the day because of the giveaway. The Sox will have a problem on their hands if they don't give them out.

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Of course not... Bobbleheads need heads. :tongue:

I wonder if sox will use this as rehab for frank and magz and have them haul burlap sacks of bobble heads, sans the dolls, to the trash or to good will, i can imagine it being like seinfeld

"Wheres the bodies?!?"

voodoochile
08-01-2004, 12:29 AM

Your Prize... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2615)

ewokpelts
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
For those who care, I think the Sox are going to have to give out the Loaiza bobbleheads on the appointed day. Too many people bought tickets for the day because of the giveaway. The Sox will have a problem on their hands if they don't give them out.the sox will cancel the promo...other teams have cancelled thier bobble nights when the player got traded.
Gene

ewokpelts
08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
the sox will cancel the promo...other teams have cancelled thier bobble nights when the player got traded.
Genetoo bad i'll have to cancel my sales.....curse you jerry!
Gene

Brian26
08-03-2004, 10:50 AM
too bad i'll have to cancel my sales.....curse you jerry!
Gene

Is this official now?

Dadawg_77
08-03-2004, 10:59 AM
http://www.bobbleguy.com/page3.html

The Dallas Mavericks gave away bobbleheads of Juan Howard and Tim Hardaway in 2002 after they were traded.

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 11:13 AM

:?:
No worries. Those are definitely the Authentic Numerals

pudge
08-03-2004, 01:54 PM
They'll go the same way as the Atari E.T. Video Games cartridges :D:
Haha, awesome! Buried in the New Mexico desert!

Foulke You
08-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Carmen DeFalco and Mark Silverman on the flagship station (ESPN 1000) confirmed that the Sox are still giving away all the bobble heads that day anyway even though they are Loaiza's. Apparently, the bobbleheads were sponsored by someone and they have obligations to the sponsor to giveaway the bobbleheads and the trade won't have any effect on the promotion.

If they were smart, they would call this the first of a series in the "Sox 20 game winners through the years" and then they could give away a Lamarr Hoyt one next year, a McDowell one in 2006, a Pierce one in 2007, etc. :D:

HebrewHammer
08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I was planning on putting my Esteban Loaiza bobblehead next to my Bartolo Colon bobblehead, at least they'll have something in common.

I picked up the Bartolo bobble right before he signed with Anaheim, it was on sale for $5 marked down from $30, I knew it was too good to be true.

wdelaney72
08-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Triple Threat does good work. they did my 03 al asg jersey, as well as my 03 sox jerseys. Despite the three week wait, they're good. And cheeper than grandstand.
Gene
Will they do a replacement? I have a feeling come next year, I'll need to have my number 30 home jersey redone.

ewokpelts
08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Will they do a replacement? I have a feeling come next year, I'll need to have my number 30 home jersey redone.call them and ask....here's thier site:
www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com)

Gene

p.s. grandstand does re-lettering for jerseys too

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 04:33 PM
The Cubs are one of the ONLY franchises that takes their TEAM PHOTOS
in SEPTEMBER ........ because usually the rosters been Overhauled by then.
The cubs are reportedly feverishly trying to have a Nomar bobblehead day
by september. That teams never too proud ..............

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-03-2004, 04:40 PM
by september. That teams never too proud .............. wow, i can't believe it. i thought the tribune company would just slap "Garciaparra" onto a rock to give out as a promotion and the cub fans would have a huge orgasm over it.

mike squires
08-03-2004, 10:10 PM
by september. That teams never too proud ..............
If the Cubs actually pull through with this I would have to give them kudos. There is no doubt the game is allready a sell out. This would simply be "taking care of the fans" and would be a good move...IMO

ewokpelts
08-04-2004, 06:16 PM
If the Cubs actually pull through with this I would have to give them kudos. There is no doubt the game is allready a sell out. This would simply be "taking care of the fans" and would be a good move...IMOjohn mcdonough is laughing right now

jabrch
08-04-2004, 06:28 PM
all are shaking in unison after Jermaine Dye just too Esteban deep in the 2nd inning.

awesomefan
08-04-2004, 06:44 PM
WOW....I forgot about the bobblehead dolls this year, because I decided I didn't care to collect them. I do have 5 other White Sox bobbleheads that I got at games other years.

That is a hoot! I loved all your responses of jokes & ideas about what to do with the Loaiza bobbleheads.

Now if they offered a Joe Crede, Carlos Lee or Aaron Rowand bobblehead, I'd be first in line.

GoGoOzzie
08-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Speaking of bobbleheads, did they ever make ozzie bobbles???

ewokpelts
08-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Speaking of bobbleheads, did they ever make ozzie bobbles???not yet..possibly next year