PDA

View Full Version : Nomar to Cubs OFFICIAL

Fenway
07-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Sean McAdam reports Nomar to the North Side Red Sox clubhouse has been cleared of media

4 team trade developing

HomeFish
07-31-2004, 04:03 PM
****!!! :angry:

Unless Nomar keeps up his out-of-Fenway numbers. In that case, :bandance:

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 04:09 PM
WHY COULDN'T THE SOX GET HIM INSTEAD!!!!

damn valentin.

now we have to hear about nomar every damn day from the other side.

HomeFish
07-31-2004, 04:11 PM
I just read the details. They didn't even have to give up Clement. :mad:

Anyone want to help me build a bunker for October?

Shoeless Joe
07-31-2004, 04:14 PM
****!!! :angry:

Unless Nomar keeps up his out-of-Fenway numbers. In that case, :bandance:??? Nomar's number away from Fenway are pretty damn good. (.300 + avg. and he has more homers away from Fenway). The National League should be embarrassed that a trade that painfully benefited the Cubs was done. That being said this is their chance to go out and win the wildcard because the team is going to be completely different next year.

Viva Magglio
07-31-2004, 04:18 PM
How long before Nomar and Sammy have a clubhouse confrontation?

:shammy
"Damn you, Jim Hendry, for making me share my clubhouse with another big name."

skobabe8
07-31-2004, 04:23 PM
FENWAY.....Is this trade really as bad for your sox as it appears??? Why no Clement????

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 04:25 PM
How long before Nomar and Sammy have a clubhouse confrontation?

:shammy
"Damn you, Jim Hendry, for making me share my clubhouse with another big name."
haha.

can you just hear all the women cub "fans"?

"we got prior, wood, AND NOMAR! although i don't know what position he plays."

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Man, if I were a Red Sox fan, I would NOT be happy. Granted, Nomar was very likely gone at the end of the year, but what the hell did they really get? They didn't even get Gonzalez, for God's sake.

How many Red Sox fans are seeing red? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jjav829
07-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Man, if I were a Red Sox fan, I would NOT be happy. Granted, Nomar was very likely gone at the end of the year, but what the hell did they really get? They didn't even get Gonzalez, for God's sake.

How many Red Sox fans are seeing red? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Isn't Cabrera a Free Agent at the end of the year too? Just take your shot with Nomar, bad in the clubhouse or not, and hope for the best.

fquaye149
07-31-2004, 04:40 PM
hendry=bandit. .. although is this justin jones any good?

man, either hendry's a genius, or ryan's a genius. i don't like this deal at all.

soxwon
07-31-2004, 04:41 PM
cubs get nomar

bosox get cabrerra and doug mentkovich(sic)

cubs give up prospects

this sucks

soxwon
07-31-2004, 04:44 PM
correction cubs send alex gonzalez to mtl

damn cubs how do they continue to get quality for crap.

BlackAndWhite
07-31-2004, 04:45 PM
although is this justin jones any good?
Justin Jones at single-A Lansing:

3-3 3.78 ERA 14 appearances
62 hits allowed in 64.1 IP
59 Ks 22 BBs

He was the Cubs #3 prospect. Has had some issues with shoulder tendonitis in the past.

Watch this kid, we'll probably see him in a Twinks uni before too long.

Vsahajpal
07-31-2004, 04:46 PM
hendry=bandit. .. although is this justin jones any good?

man, either hendry's a genius, or ryan's a genius. i don't like this deal at all.

Jones, IMO, is (was) the best pitching prospect in our pitching deep system. 6'4" 195 lb 19 y/o lefty with three above average pitches. 89-94 fastball with good arm-side run, a plus slider, and a solid change. He projects very, very well.

The only question is will he stay healthy? He has been bothered by shoulder trouble this season and has missed a lot of time.

Cubs also received a 1st round pick, Matt Murton, former teammate of Teixeira at Ga. Tech. He's a terrific hitter.

soxwon
07-31-2004, 04:52 PM
why do we continually get F-C-d by the cubs,they allways top us

Terminated
07-31-2004, 05:06 PM
That Cubs lineup looks dominant as hell.

Does anyone know if the Cards are thinking about trades? There’s still 2 months of baseball and they’ve been awful quiet... way too quiet.

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Actually, I have to amend my earlier post here. My comments were based on what I thought the trade was as per a friend who is normally reliable. He didn't tell me that Mientkiewicz was going to the Red Sox. I can't stand Dougie but he may actually help the BoSox.

Somehow how, it still seems like they could have gotten more for Nomar. That's the problem with waiting until the trade deadline to get a deal done, though. They had to take what they could get or lose him in the offseason and get nothing.

skobabe8
07-31-2004, 05:32 PM
That Cubs lineup looks dominant as hell.

Does anyone know if the Cards are thinking about trades? There’s still 2 months of baseball and they’ve been awful quiet... way too quiet.

If it aint broke.....

Gimm
07-31-2004, 05:32 PM
why do we continually get F-C-d by the cubs,they allways top us
They have much more money and a better GM.

People actually want to play for them.

Gimm
07-31-2004, 05:34 PM
If it aint broke.....Since when is Suppan-Carpenter-Marquis-Williams-Morris "ain't broke"?

And Cards have nothing to worry about as far as the regular season goes, but in the playoffs, Cubs are just gonna steam-roll people with that pitching and line-up of theirs. Just watch.

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 05:35 PM
They have much more money and a better GM.

People actually want to play for them.
correction.

people actually want to play at wrigley.

Gimm
07-31-2004, 05:38 PM
correction.

people actually want to play at wrigley.
Yeah, because that makes it all different somehow....:rolleyes:

mikef1331
07-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Man this sucks! Just when I was starting to feel good about the Sox getting Contreras I see the Cubs get Nomar who is one of my favorite non-White Sox players. Damn those Cubs!

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah, because that makes it all different somehow....:rolleyes:
it does...in attendence...place any team in that damn place, and every game will be sold out...hell, the expos would have sell outs there.

it's true.

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Man this sucks! Just when I was starting to feel good about the Sox getting Contreras I see the Cubs get Nomar who is one of my favorite non-White Sox players. Damn those Cubs!
i agree...i've always liked nomar...and the ENTIRE year i've been itching to have him...i wanted that maggs for nomar "deal" to go through.

and now, sadly, i have different feelings for the man...just because he's a cub.

sad, but true.

samram
07-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I heard Lucchino on ESPN Radio. He said Epstein told Hendry that there are questions about Nomar's achilles and there could be stretches where he is unavailable.

winning ugly 72
07-31-2004, 05:52 PM
i hate the cubs even more now it is just going to get worse with nomar coming the media will even be more up their ass

soxwon
07-31-2004, 06:44 PM
if i didnt believe in killing myself, id consider suicide its that bad!!!

i loathe the cubs even more, why cant we ever be the TEAM!

this cub crap must end soon-when will it end do we have to deal with this forever!!!

Gimm
07-31-2004, 07:01 PM
this cub crap must end soon-when will it end do we have to deal with this forever!!!
Well, if they win the World Series this year (which, if you're objective about things, is a big possibility), they would put us out of our misery.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Well, if they win the World Series this year (which, if you're objective about things, is a big possibility), they would put us out of our misery.
Get a grip already.

:violin:

munchman33
07-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Being objective would be realizing that the Cubs are behind in the wild card race. Does this trade make the Cubs better, yes. But not by that much. Their biggest concern is their bullpen, which this trade actually made weaker by losing an option in Beltran.

Winning the wild card is very difficult, and the division is not an option for them. I'm hard-pressed to see a scenerio where that bullpen gets them in. Now, if they pull off a waiver deal for Urbina, I might see it.

Fenway
07-31-2004, 09:21 PM
FENWAY.....Is this trade really as bad for your sox as it appears??? Why no Clement????Couple of things in play here.

It is starting to leak out that John Henry ordered Theo to move Nomar period...

The Cubs let it be known this morning that Clement was not available, and when he started today that proved that. ( the WS were in it until the last 20 minutes, but got cold feet because the Twins were involved )

What is WORSE for us is we gave the Cubs one of our best prospects, this kid looks like the real thing
http://redsoxnation.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6760

and honestly a lot of fans are really ticked right now

http://redsoxnation.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7828

34rancher
07-31-2004, 10:19 PM
This is just a further example of how baseball competiveness has become a feeble joke. Show me one trade where a "small-market" team got better this last week. The expos have become the clippers. What a sham. This season and sport have become the NBA, oh wait, they have a salary cap. Sorry, but I am glad that I have only watched 2 games this year. I regret going to the 1 game I did. Is the WS of poker on yet? At least they all start with the same amount. RIP baseball.

SouthSideRyan
07-31-2004, 10:26 PM
This is just a further example of how baseball competiveness has become a feeble joke. Show me one trade where a "small-market" team got better this last week. The expos have become the clippers. What a sham. This season and sport have become the NBA, oh wait, they have a salary cap. Sorry, but I am glad that I have only watched 2 games this year. I regret going to the 1 game I did. Is the WS of poker on yet? At least they all start with the same amount. RIP baseball.
The Expos organization got better in this trade. Cabrera has been terrible all year. Gonzalez has been sub-terrible, but getting a decent relief arm in Beltran and a decent 2b/3b prospect in Harris gives them a win in this trade.

It was the big market Boston team that lost this one.

34rancher
07-31-2004, 11:04 PM
The Expos organization got better in this trade. Cabrera has been terrible all year. Gonzalez has been sub-terrible, but getting a decent relief arm in Beltran and a decent 2b/3b prospect in Harris gives them a win in this trade.

It was the big market Boston team that lost this one.

I respectfully disagree. I think that for them they basically got cabrera and fellow gold-glove winner in Mientkievicz to bolster their defense. That is pretty good. On top of that the cubs got a pretty good outfield prospect thrown in. I am still trying to figure out what the twins are smoking.

Kogs35
08-01-2004, 12:22 AM
nomah goes from one curse to another curse

mcfish
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Is the WS of poker on yet? At least they all start with the same amount.
The World Series of Poker on ESPN has been stretched this year to include other tournaments as episodes for a month before the main event, which starts August 17 at 9pm (probably Eastern). The actual tournament has been over for a couple months, so don't search too hard on the internet if you want to be surprised for the final episode. Here is a link to the TV schedule.

http://espn.go.com/eoe/wsop/schedule.html

Nick@Nite
08-01-2004, 06:33 AM
nomah goes from one curse to another curseNicely put.:kneeslap:

Rocklive99
08-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Screw Nomar. I liked him until this past offseason when all he did was voice his displeasure about how he did not want to come play for the White Sox or in this city. Now the Cubs get him, and he says "I'm going to a great city with a great team with history" and all that crap. It was funny watching the Red Sox game on NESN today and hearing the commentators say Nomar pouted his way throughout the whole season, and that the national crowd did not see some of the things they had to see everyday. Didn't seem like a real good team player to me either when they were rallying against the Yankees, and he was alone and the only one on the bench while everyone else was up.

No need to put your panties up into a bunch or anything, you still have to play the games, and who cares about what happens on the other side of town, we have another situation that we have to worry about here.

Gimm
08-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Get a grip already.

:violin:
Uh-huh, sure-sure.

:rolleyes: :bandance: