PDA

View Full Version : Odd Royals trade...

Tragg
07-24-2001, 09:47 PM
Neffi Perez to KC, Dye to Oakland, 3 prospects to the Rockies. Near official.

Neffi Perez? He's just an average shortstop who can't walk to save his life.

Even KW just only traded a couple of prospects for our average (or below) shortstop. I guess if we were the Royals, we'd given up Carlos Lee.

KVinc
07-24-2001, 09:54 PM
it will be a good trade for the rockies and the royals are building one heck of an infield with Febles,perez,Sweeney,Randa and Hinch.

The rocks woulb be getting Jose Ortiz from the a's for jermaine DYe now look at the rocks infield of Butler and Jose Ortiz,Helton,Cirillo(maybe) thats pretty good too

Lol thanks Cerebus i really messed up there

beausox
07-24-2001, 09:55 PM
We should have traded Clayton to the Royals for Dye straight up. That way the Royals get even more of that "veteran leadership" they love.

Daver
07-24-2001, 09:58 PM
Kenny probably turned down the used jock that the Royals offered for Royce.Could be a dumb move on Kenny's part.

CerberusWG
07-24-2001, 10:06 PM
D'Angelo Jiminez is a Padre, not a royal....

Spiff
07-25-2001, 12:04 AM
Perez was expendable because the Rockies are high on a SS prospect named Juan Uribe and they want to call him up.

Helton Ortiz Uribe Cirillo and Petrick would be solid for years to come. Good trade for Colorado if it is in fact close to being done.

Mathew
07-25-2001, 04:23 AM
Take comfort in the fact a bad team in our division will get worse. Perez's average is inflated by the fact that he plays in Coors field and it's not high anyway and on the road he bats like .236 or something brutal. I thought Dye was gonna be tough to pry from K.C.? At least the Flubbies don't get him.