PDA

View Full Version : Trib Says Everett is Day-to-day

JRIG
07-31-2004, 09:02 AM
Strained lower quad. Facing a left-hander tonight, this could realistically be our lineup:

Rowand
Uribe
Lee
Konerko
Borchard
Crede
Alomar
Burke
Harris

U-G-L-Y.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Strained lower quad. Facing a left-hander tonight, this could realistically be our lineup:

Rowand
Uribe
Lee
Konerko
Borchard
Crede
Alomar
Burke
Harris

U-G-L-Y.
We'll be damn lucky to score two runs with that lineup.

:jerry
"Be still my heart!"

Brian26
07-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Have you ever seen a team completely and totally meltdown any quicker than this? Last Saturday we were on top of the world after that Crede homer and 1/2 game lead. Now, it appears this team is done.

Nick@Nite
07-31-2004, 10:09 AM

Rowand
Uribe
Lee
Konerko
Borchard
Crede
Alomar
Burke
Harris

U-G-L-Y.The Big Red Machine has nothing to worry about. :(:

JB98
07-31-2004, 10:43 AM

Rowand
Uribe
Lee
Konerko
Borchard
Crede
Alomar
Burke
Harris

U-G-L-Y.
If Borchard is batting fifth, I'm turning the game off. I'd rather play Valentin than Harris, too. At least there's an outside chance Jose will drive the ball.

Poor Buerhle. He has to throw a shutout. We have our best pitcher on the mound, and we still have little chance to win against a fourth-place team.:(:

Huisj
07-31-2004, 11:46 AM
valentin does need a day off or two. he's what, 1 for his last 30 or something?

oeo
07-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Call me a Cub fan, but we're cursed this year with injuries. Why, the one year that I think we can actually go somewhere does this happen? Dammit, it pisses me off... :angry: :angry:

JB98
07-31-2004, 11:59 AM
valentin does need a day off or two. he's what, 1 for his last 30 or something?
Valentin didn't start yesterday, which was the right move. I'd put him back in today. We can't keep trotting Harris out there. He's giving the team nothing. Even when Valentin is playing as poorly as he is now, he's still a threat every time he goes to the plate.

Dice
07-31-2004, 12:44 PM
If Borchard is batting fifth, I'm turning the game off. I'd rather play Valentin than Harris, too. At least there's an outside chance Jose will drive the ball.

Poor Buerhle. He has to throw a shutout. We have our best pitcher on the mound, and we still have little chance to win against a fourth-place team.:(:WHAT? Valentin over Harris? Have you watch the last couple of games lately? Valentin has costed us 2 games that we could have won. He giving us nothing. While Harris isn't tearing up the league he is getting on base with a .355 OBP. Not much BUT it's the 3rd best of active players behind Lee and Konerko. The only problem I have with Harris is his non-aggressive basestealing. He could swipe 40-50 bases a year if he'd use his God-given ability. And most important, he ain't swinging for the fences and striking out 3 times a game like Valentin.

OurBitchinMinny
07-31-2004, 12:46 PM
our best pitcher is garcia, not buehle

South Side
07-31-2004, 02:36 PM
Not so.

mcfish
07-31-2004, 02:36 PM
our best pitcher is garcia, not buehle
I'd say that's debatable. Also, what does it matter? The point remains the same - we have a very good pitcher and a very bad lineup today.