PDA

View Full Version : May 25th: Last time Frank & Maggs played together

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks to RK for looking this up. As Lip also notes, the Sox "misdiagnosed" Maggs initial injury and he was still listed as day-to-day through June 1. A decoy, perhaps?
:cool:

The Sox have played over 2 months of baseball missing either or both of the team's two best and most consistent hitters. We're probably looking at another 6+ weeks without either of them available, too. I don't think it's any coincidence that the top of the lineup went stale shortly after Maggs and Frank disappeared.

How the hell have we stayed in the race?
:?:

Dan H
07-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks to RK for looking this up. As Lip also notes, the Sox "misdiagnosed" Maggs initial injury and he was still listed as day-to-day through June 1. A decoy, perhaps?
:cool:

The Sox have played over 2 months of baseball missing either or both of the team's two best and most consistent hitters. We're probably looking at another 6+ weeks without either of them available, too. I don't think it's any coincidence that the top of the lineup went stale shortly after Maggs and Frank disappeared.

How the hell have we stayed in the race?
:?:
It helps that the Sox are not in the same division as the Yankees.

Lip Man 1
07-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Perhaps Ozzie has done more good then some are willing to give him credit for. This team would have dropped off the face of the Earth if Manager Gandhi was still in charge.

Lip

thepaulbowski
07-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Perhaps Ozzie has done more good then some are willing to give him credit for. This team would have dropped off the face of the Earth if Manager Gandhi was still in charge.

Lip
I think the fact that Ozzie has (for the most part) kept the wheels on the cart up to this point, is amazing. You take the two best hitters out of any lineup and see what happens to them...