PDA

View Full Version : The Trade Deadline

TomC727
07-30-2004, 11:56 PM
You know what makes this falling out of contention thing even worse, it is timing. If we fell out 2 weeks ago, we could be shopping for prospects but because the trade deadline is only hours away, we can't ship some guys away and reload the minors.

I know I will be ripped for saying a fire sale would be good but I feel the sox are done. The 2 biggest hitters are out until at best the end of sept. It is over and the best thing for this team would be a fire sale.

I don't know what to think, it is a sad time for a Sox fan. GO ANY TEAM PLAYING THE CUBS.

OEO Magglio
07-31-2004, 12:15 AM
You know what makes this falling out of contention thing even worse, it is timing. If we fell out 2 weeks ago, we could be shopping for prospects but because the trade deadline is only hours away, we can't ship some guys away and reload the minors.

I know I will be ripped for saying a fire sale would be good but I feel the sox are done. The 2 biggest hitters are out until at best the end of sept. It is over and the best thing for this team would be a fire sale.

I don't know what to think, it is a sad time for a Sox fan. GO ANY TEAM PLAYING THE CUBS.When did we fall out of contention?:dunno:

TomC727
07-31-2004, 12:35 AM
When did we fall out of contention?:dunno:
We have been falling for the last 6 games and there is no end in sight.

StepsInSC
07-31-2004, 10:42 AM
There's a difference b/w falling out and fallen out.

Its not over.

Blob
07-31-2004, 10:46 AM
There's a difference b/w falling out and fallen out.

Its not over.
Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

Germans?

Forget it he's rollin'!

It is definitely not over!

GoGoOzzie
07-31-2004, 10:47 AM

How about tonight...or tomorrow??

As far as I'm concerned, the season isn't over until the magic number reaches 0 for either team. Granted a six game slide in late July isn't very comforting, but by no means is the season over. Weren't the twins four games out just a few weeks ago???

JB98
07-31-2004, 10:55 AM
How about tonight...or tomorrow??

As far as I'm concerned, the season isn't over until the magic number reaches 0 for either team. Granted a six game slide in late July isn't very comforting, but by no means is the season over. Weren't the twins four games out just a few weeks ago???
Nope. We were two games up on July 2nd, following our sweep of the Twins. That was the high-water mark of the year for us and the biggest deficit for the Twins. This is the first time all season the Sox have been four games out. Sorry, no more optimism from me. I'm out of encouraging words.