PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else notice...

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2001, 01:03 AM
...Jerry Manuel is over half-way towards achieving "WSI High Priest" status? That's 5001 posts.

Will anyone have even made Church Elder by then?

KempersRS
09-30-2001, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
...Jerry Manuel is over half-way towards achieving "WSI High Priest" status? That's 5001 posts.

I'll make it my offseason goal!

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 01:10 AM

Will anyone have even made Church Elder by then? I think I would be a Church Elder if I wasn't stuck with Board Guy.

LongDistanceFan
09-30-2001, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I think I would be a Church Elder if I wasn't stuck with Board Guy. what is a church elder?

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what is a church elder? 1,501 posts.

Chisox_cali
09-30-2001, 01:18 AM
I'm still trying to get to the not so much anymore famed 500 post mark and I'm holding the number 14 spot on the "top 15 posters"

24 More Left!

Nellie_Fox
09-30-2001, 02:35 AM
I'm such a loser. I'm not even a WSI personality. I should probably quit my job and just dedicate myself to seeing how many posts I can make.

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I'm such a loser. I'm not even a WSI personality. I should probably quit my job and just dedicate myself to seeing how many posts I can make. LOL!! Nellie, you are not a "WSI Personality" yet. But, you are definitely a WSI personality.

GASHWOUND
09-30-2001, 02:58 AM
I'm such a loser. I'm not even a WSI personality. I should probably quit my job and just dedicate myself to seeing how many posts I can make.

You can still go to work, like I do. But just cut out other things that is important...Like sleeping, spending time with your ladie(s) "sorry sweetie" and other petty stuff like that. I just came back from this WHACK party. All there was at the party was Hot women and booze. What am I gonna do with that!!!
(Girlfreind came with)

But just do what i do. I count all the posts I have posted that i'm a registered user, which is about 6 boards. They don't all have to be about sports. According to my caculations I have posted 3,923 POSTS! Hey, it was worth a try. I blame myself for having such a crappy total. I knew about WSI since May, when somebody mentioned it on th Score, but my lazy butt kept forgetting tp view the board, which kept me from signing up. Just read the front page. Well, I am catching up to you and you had a 2 month head start on me! According to my caculations I will raech 1501 posts on (Yes, I have the exact day) Febuary 27. Just in time for The Sox Spring training games. By that time Jerry would probably have taken over WSI. Then you will see it, the day PaleHoseGeorge has been fearing since day 1....Jerry_Manuel...WEBMASTER!!!!

CLR01
09-30-2001, 03:04 AM

Hey your a professor right. You don't have to quit your job, just take all your classes to the computer lab and spend the time in there posting here. They don't need any help they are college students, they should know it all by now.

PS-don't look over this post with a red pen.

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 03:04 AM
Then you will see it, the day PaleHoseGeorge has been fearing since day 1....Jerry_Manuel...WEBMASTER!!!! That won't happen. First, nobody wants the job. It's too much work. Second, PHG keeps me around as his security guard. :)

CLR01
09-30-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That won't happen. First, nobody wants the job. It's too much work. Second, PHG keeps me around as his security guard. :)

Ahh but what if Jerry were to offer you fresh coffee and a late edition newspaper from the previous day. Could you turn down those perks??

FarWestChicago
09-30-2001, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Ahh but what if Jerry were to offer you fresh coffee and a late edition newspaper from the previous day. Could you turn down those perks?? Hmmm, do you want to be my agent. Maybe we should talk to PHG. :)

oldcomiskey
09-30-2001, 10:59 AM
I just noticed something here--CLR01 has moderator under his name----George has WebMaster under his but Far West has Geezer by his... And Jerry Manuel is a church elder huh? My My..what a tangled web we weave

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I just noticed something here--CLR01 has moderator under his name----George has WebMaster under his but Far West has Geezer by his... And Jerry Manuel is a church elder huh? My My..what a tangled web we weave

Let me try to clear this up for you:

CLR: Runs the pick to click board.
George: Runs the site
West: Has 100% full control of this board. Can delete post, edit posts..etc
Me: I just post, I do other work on the site. But I don't have any control of the board.

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 11:28 AM

Thanks for noticing PHG. But really you must have been pretty board to post this. We have all off-season to remark about how much time I spend on this site.

Paulwny
09-30-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

CLR: Runs the pick to click board.
George: Runs the site
West: Has 100% full control of this board. Can delete post, edit posts..etc
Me: I just post, I do other work on the site. But I don't have any control of the board.

Behind every successful operation is the real genius, who doesn't receive any recognition. JM you are the genius, keeping the other 3 in line.

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
By that time Jerry would probably have taken over WSI. Then you will see it, the day PaleHoseGeorge has been fearing since day 1....Jerry_Manuel...WEBMASTER!!!!

George does a good job as Webmaster.
You don't even want to think about what would happen if I was webmaster. It wouldn't be pretty.

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Behind every successful operation is the real genius, who doesn't receive any recognition. JM you are the genius, keeping the other 3 in line.

I'm no genius. I can keep CLR and PHG in check, but West likes to be in control of the operation. So he is tough to keep in check.

oldcomiskey
09-30-2001, 11:41 AM
Skip, I realize this- I was just having some fun with GEEZER

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Skip, I realize this- I was just having some fun with GEEZER

Oh I'm sorry it's tough to tell when people are kidding on a message board. Have a nice B-day West.

LongDistanceFan
09-30-2001, 11:47 AM

Oh I'm sorry it's tough to tell when people are kidding on a message board. Have a nice B-day West. i thought it was funny.

RichieRichAllen
09-30-2001, 01:55 PM

I thought you also offered prayer and guidance to our fans (especially during years like this one). Don't be so humble, Jerry!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-30-2001, 03:08 PM
Okay, just to clarify everyone's role here...

PHG. I'm the webmaster. I created the site in '98, took it to Rivals in '00, and continue to have primary responsibility for the content you find throughout the site. I also work the deep fryer and have an inflated sense of my status, sort of like Judge Reinhold's character (the french fry boy) in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

FWC is the Board Guy. He's responsible for the functionality of the boards. All those "gee whiz" features are his creation and his job to maintain. He also is our primary board cop and has authority to "shoot to kill" from PHG. While PHG runs the fryer, FWC sits in the back booth sipping stale coffee and reading yesterday's newspaper. He aspires to a position where he can carry a sidearm, like a Brink's truck driver's job.

CLR administers the Pick to Click contest. He is also a board moderator with "shoot to kill" authority. He picks up the litter in the parking lot, making him (by far) the most dangerous trash picker- upper you've ever met. Make his day by pissing him off. :-)

Jerry Manuel is responsible for the main page's Sox Drawer feature. He has not been deputized by PHG, but does a nice job keeping the dining room tidy, cleaning windows, and working the counter.

ihatethecubs (aka Scott Armstrong) does most of the graphics around the site. He used to work at Subway and brings vast food assembly expertise to our operation.

Several other people make contributions at White Sox Interactive. Not all of them participate on the message boards.

If anyone has something to say that goes beyond a simple message board post, they are invited to submit a column to WSI's "Sox Fans Sound Off" front page feature. In a real sense, everybody has a role to play here.

- PHG

p.s.
In three years of running this site, I've learned most of you really like your fries extra greasy and salty.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 03:21 PM
Jerry Manuel is responsible for the main page's Sox Drawer feature. He has not been deputized by PHG, but does a nice job keeping the dining room tidy, cleaning windows, and working the counter.
p.s.
In three years of running this site, I've learned most of you really like your fries extra greasy and salty.

Let the record show I also am very good at finding Sox news. And I do other odds and ends on the site. I don't like greasy fries, I do however like salty fries.

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
I thought you also offered prayer and guidance to our fans (especially during years like this one). Don't be so humble, Jerry!

During years like this one? Try for the past what 85 years!

:reinsy
We're working on that World Series thing honestly!

LongDistanceFan
09-30-2001, 05:24 PM

p.s.

:) clr and jm.......... if i have ever pissed you off......... i ammmmm realllllly sorry, i didn't know you have the shoot to kill order........ :)

Jerry_Manuel
09-30-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
clr and jm.......... if i have ever pissed you off......... i ammmmm realllllly sorry, i didn't know you have the shoot to kill order........ :)

Well I don't have the shoot to kill order. CLR does so you can piss me off all you want because I can't do anything about it.

CerberusWG
09-30-2001, 05:45 PM
I think I have a massive amount of posts...one hundred or so! Go me!

CLR01
09-30-2001, 06:01 PM

CLR administers the Pick to Click contest. He is also a board moderator with "shoot to kill" authority. He picks up the litter in the parking lot, making him (by far) the most dangerous trash picker- upper you've ever met. Make his day by pissing him off. :-)

I hope you all remember this next time you decide to openly state that singleton sucks. Also remember that winter is coming up and i will be cold and always be in a bad mood when picking up the parking lot. I don't wear a gas mask to protect myself from the stench coming off the grill of fake beef burning. I have wepons that even daver would be jealous of. Now should i ask again who our starting CFer should be next year?? :)

LongDistanceFan
09-30-2001, 06:07 PM

I hope you all remember this next time you decide to openly state that singleton sucks. Also remember that winter is coming up and i will be cold and always be in a bad mood when picking up the parking lot. I don't wear a gas mask to protect myself from the stench coming off the grill of fake beef burning. I have wepons that even daver would be jealous of. Now should i ask again who our starting CFer should be next year?? oh my bad....... it is and should always be chris........ :)

Daver
09-30-2001, 07:24 PM

I hope you all remember this next time you decide to openly state that singleton sucks. Also remember that winter is coming up and i will be cold and always be in a bad mood when picking up the parking lot. I don't wear a gas mask to protect myself from the stench coming off the grill of fake beef burning. I have wepons that even daver would be jealous of. Now should i ask again who our starting CFer should be next year?? :)

Singleton should ride the pine,he sucks.

I fear nothing.

CLR01
09-30-2001, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by daver

Singleton should ride the pine,he sucks.

I fear nothing.

What the hell do you know anyway. :)

[singing]"I ain't goin' nowhere......"

:slowswing

Daver
09-30-2001, 07:38 PM

What the hell do you know anyway.

You have a point there.

doublem23
10-01-2001, 12:24 AM

Looks like it's up to good ol' doublem23.....

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Looks like it's up to good ol' doublem23.....

It won't be hard.
You are like 400 away while I am what 2400 away!

CLR01
10-01-2001, 12:38 AM

It won't be hard.

I dont know jerry that one might come down to the wire. Maybe when i hit 1000 or whatever west will give me a geezer-like name.

doublem23
10-01-2001, 12:39 AM

It won't be hard.

Yeah, but my manager at Jewel decided that I'm just the guy to close Farmstand EVERY night, which is why I haven't been on a lot lately...

and then having to run the school newspaper... Jeez... Still, this is my quest.. I'm like the man from La Mancha... what was his name? You know, the guy who fought the windmills?

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:41 AM
I dont know jerry that one might come down to the wire.

I would have to miss about 3 weeks of school to get to 5000 posts before Doublem gets to 1500 posts.

RichieRichAllen
10-01-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'm like the man from La Mancha... what was his name? You know, the guy who fought the windmills?

Don Quiote.....

or maybe it was Jimmy Piersall you're thinking of.