PDA

View Full Version : Oh look -- Prior gets shelled.

cheeses_h_rice
07-30-2004, 05:06 PM
4 zingers given up to the flyin' Phils...6-3 Phillies thus far.

I thought the Wild Card was a foregone conclusion?

Kogs35
07-30-2004, 05:11 PM

I thought the Wild Card was a foregone conclusion?
any1 notice in the beggining of the game 6 people where moved from there seats? and havnt return. i wonder if concreate had anything to do with it.

CHISOXFAN13
07-30-2004, 05:25 PM
The Phillies are playing like the White Sox and now trail 7-6.

kittle42
07-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Cubs are up now.

Baby Fisk
07-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh gawd, this has been an awful week. We can't even mock the Cubbies anymore. They've just come roaring back into the lead, 8-6.

The Sox' losing streak is like being depantsed in front of one's enemies.

The Sox' losing streak PLUS not being able to mock the Cubbies is like being depantsed in front of one's enemies, then paddled viciously until one's buttocks are reddened and the humiliation is complete.

It's been that kind of week. :(:

Brian26
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh gawd, this has been an awful week. We can't even mock the Cubbies anymore. They've just come roaring back into the lead, 8-6.

The Sox' losing streak PLUS not being able to mock the Cubbies is like being depantsed in front of one's enemies, then paddled viciously until one's buttocks are reddened and the humiliation is complete.

It's been that kind of week. :(:

This stress is absolute unbelievable lately. I can't take this.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-30-2004, 05:48 PM

It's been that kind of week. :(:i hate to admit it..but its true! nooo :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

but ill never give in! my signature stays!

cheeses_h_rice
07-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Remind me never to post a thread like this 'til after the game is over...

:redface:

:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

samram
07-30-2004, 06:56 PM

Well, I'll forgive you just this once.:D:

That aside, the Phillies are a mess. They are definitely one of the biggest, if not the biggest, disappointments this year. I can't believe Bowa hasn't been fired yet. They've been underachieving for two straight seasons now and they've brought in a lot of talent.

kcsportscaster
07-30-2004, 07:00 PM

That aside, the Phillies are a mess. They are definitely one of the biggest, if not the biggest, disappointments this year. I can't believe Bowa hasn't been fired yet. They've been underachieving for two straight seasons now and they've brought in a lot of talent.
The Philberts loss to the Flubs today is further proof that a Larry Bowa managed team, no matter what the dorks at the four letter network say, CANNOT AND WILL NOT even win the wild card much less the N-L East. As much as I hate the Flubbies, the Braves fan in me NEEDED the Philberts to lose anyway!!!!:tongue:

Win1ForMe
07-30-2004, 07:12 PM

If you think about, they're as close to the White Sox as any team out there. On paper, you would think the Phills would have enough to win that division. And much like Sox/Twins, the Phillies always seem to get outplayed by the more "small-ball" Marlins.

But to be fair, they have had injuries to Padilla and Wagner, two very important pitchers.

samram
07-30-2004, 07:33 PM
If you think about, they're as close to the White Sox as any team out there. On paper, you would think the Phills would have enough to win that division. And much like Sox/Twins, the Phillies always seem to get outplayed by the more "small-ball" Marlins.

But to be fair, they have had injuries to Padilla and Wagner, two very important pitchers.Yep, that's what I've been thinking. They've had the best team on paper for the last two years, but don't get it done when it matters. Wagner was a big loss, but he has been back for a while, and in that park, offense will win unless you have a lot of groundball pitchers. It's hard to believe the Braves have a 2.5 or 3 game lead in that division- I thought it would be the Phils and Marlins (who have also been disappointing except against the Phils) fighting it out, with the Braves fighting for 3rd with the Mets.

Edit: I just saw that Wagner got put back on the DL. We'll see if Worrell is up to do what he did last year.

soxwon
07-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Wha happened

cubs won, theyre playing how we should be.

Blob
07-31-2004, 12:00 PM

True. But, the fact still remians he got shelled.

Whitesox029
07-31-2004, 06:11 PM

I thought the Wild Card was a foregone conclusion?Why no pitch-by-pitch account of this outing in the tribune?