PDA

View Full Version : Kenny: go get this guy

lowesox
07-30-2004, 04:54 PM
If there's one player I've been wanting for ever and ever it's Dave Roberts on the dodgers. And he would be the PERFECT fit for this team right now. He could hit leadoff and burn the basepaths and he probably would come for a very small pricetag. Best yet, he would ignite our offense.

Then if Maggs comes back we could use him as a pinchrunner.

This would be a smaller move with a huge upside. This is the kind of trade we should be making.

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 04:55 PM
The Dodgers aren't going to give up Roberts right now.

kittle42
07-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Why would the Dodgers dump him?

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Agreed.

:threadsucks

thepaulbowski
07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Because everbody on WSI wants them to. Didn't you know that all the armchair GM's on WSI are smarter than average "real" GM.

Huisj
07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
If there's one player I've been wanting for ever and ever it's Dave Roberts on the dodgers. And he would be the PERFECT fit for this team right now. He could hit leadoff and burn the basepaths and he probably would come for a very small pricetag. Best yet, he would ignite our offense.

Then if Maggs comes back we could use him as a pinchrunner.

This would be a smaller move with a huge upside. This is the kind of trade we should be making.
Hmm, maggs would be a great pinch runner.

sorry, the first time i read that, that's what I thought it meant and I was terribly confused.

Anyway, Roberts has been hurt off and on all year, and he's played like crap as a result since about the first month of the season, so I dunno.

Win1ForMe
07-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Dave Roberts isn't an upgrade over Willie at all. For comparison's sake, Roberts has a .335 OBP on the season. As bad as Willie has been lately, his .364 July OBP kills Roberts.

Something that I found shocking when I checked those stats is Willie's OBP against RHP. It's .379, second on the team only to Frank Thomas. That's unbelievable...

Is it possible we're underrating Willie?

lowesox
07-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Roberts hasn't played in the last 7 games and the Dodgers are very close to acquiring Finley. So I could see him becoming available.

And he's a much better basestealer than Harris.

Huisj
07-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Dave Roberts isn't an upgrade over Willie at all. For comparison's sake, Roberts has a .335 OBP on the season. As bad as Willie has been lately, his .364 July OBP kills Roberts.

Something that I found shocking when I checked those stats is Willie's OBP against RHP. It's .379, second on the team only to Frank Thomas. That's unbelievable...

Is it possible we're underrating Willie?
That is interesting. Harris is batting about .200 for the month of July, and yet his OBP actually risen slightly. If this guy could run the bases like he should be able to do, he might not seem so pathetic.

alohafri
07-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Jesus Christ and St. Jude themselves wouldn't help the Sox right now! (And I should know based on the number of matches I have used over the past few days!)

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Is it possible we're underrating Willie?Yes.

OEO Magglio
07-31-2004, 03:14 AM

Is it possible we're underrating Willie?I'm happy you brought that up. I was thinking even though he hasn't been swinging the bat well he's still getting on base, I didn't realize he's raised his obp but he definitely hasn't been as awful as some make him out to be.