PDA

View Full Version : Curses

WhteSox725
07-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Seeing that July was a pretty awful month all the way around should we adopt the Cubs/Red Sox way of thinking and say we are cursed? Hey maybe we'll get on TV more if we give ourselves a curse.

Cubs have the Billy Goat and the Bartman Curse.

Red Sox have the Curse of the Bambino.

Should we adopt the Black Sox Curse and say we've been cursed since they threw the World Series in 1919?

juanuribe
07-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Should we adopt the Black Sox Curse and say we've been cursed since they threw the World Series in 1918?
It was 1919.

Curses are for losers, that's why the BoSox and Cu thrive on them.

kittle42
07-30-2004, 04:54 PM
:threadsucks

Curses are for losers.

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 04:56 PM
It might... it could be...

:threadblows:

IT IS!

thepaulbowski
07-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Worse thread ever.....

npdempse
07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
It might... it could be...

:threadblows:

IT IS!
Awesome! Might be better if you had a shot of Diz with his cheeks puffed, but it's pretty darned great anyway.

And it does, this thread. Blow.

Baby Fisk
07-30-2004, 05:11 PM
:chunks

Foulke You
07-30-2004, 05:41 PM
The White Sox already have a curse:

:reinsy

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-30-2004, 05:43 PM
do you want to sink to the cubs level?

South Side
07-30-2004, 05:57 PM
For all of those that get mad at me for complaining that the "This Thread Sucks" is overused... This is my point exactly. This is the type of thread it was made for. B/c it is so overused it doesn't get the point across of how badly this thread really does suck!!!

Blob
07-30-2004, 06:54 PM
We don't need a curse as an excuse as to why we are losing. If we stink, we say WE STINK!!!!

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
sox fans dont believe in curses. thats for fans who are either afraid to believe that they stink or are just really damn stupid(sCrubs). since the last world series in 1919 we either choke each year or just plain stink, bottom line.

soxwon
07-30-2004, 11:43 PM
We have the curse of the so called sox fans giving up so quickly and so often!!

Whitesox029
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm not going to blame years of continued futility on a curse. That would be too much like two certain other teams I know of.

voodoochile
07-31-2004, 12:49 AM
I had a couple of bosox fans come in for pizza tonight. Cool guys. We talked about my SBXX poster on the wall (Da Bears!) and got into baseball a bit.

One of the things we talked about was this specific thing. I told them flat out. Sox fans don't do that stuff. The BoSox can have that Curse of the Bambino and the flubbies can keep that freaking goat. We know why our team stinks - the owner stinks, the manager stinks, the players stink, the farm system stinks (one or all of the above at any given time). It isn't fate and it never will be.

Go Sox!

flo-B-flo
07-31-2004, 01:44 AM
:mad: We don't need a curse as an excuse as to why we are losing. If we stink, we say WE STINK!!!! I couldn't say it better. But I'll add. There's no such thing as curses. Horrifying baseball at the wrong time is not because of a curse. It is because we are HORRIBLE right now.

flo-B-flo
07-31-2004, 01:47 AM
The BoSox can have that Curse of the Bambino and the flubbies can keep that freaking goat. We know why our team stinks - the owner stinks, the manager stinks, the players stink, the farm system stinks (one or all of the above at any given time). It isn't fate and it never will be.

Go Sox! sigh........ I love this board. Go-Go Sox!

voodoochile
07-31-2004, 02:37 AM
sigh........ I love this board. Go-Go Sox!
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be negative, I was merely pointing out that we would rather live in the moment. We don't need the devil to make us bad, our problems (when they exist) are always caused by simple human things like the ones I mentioned above. When you haven't won a World Series in as long as Sox fans have suffered, it is easy to say, "why me? What did I do to deserve this crap you keep shoveling on my head, oh horrid gods of baseball?" but that's too simple for Sox fans. You want a simple explanation for why your team loses, root for the flubbies, believe in the goat, embrace losing - learn to "love it" actually. You want to believe trading some player 80 years ago is why your team sucks today instead of looking at the real reasons *Cough*TheYankeesgotyournumberandthemoneytoo*cough * the bosox are available. Heck, the Sox got them both beat. Our team embraced losing as like no other team ever and got paid for it too (how Chicago is that?) Then just over a decade ago, traded a guy who will probably end up with more homers than El Bambino barring a major injury or freak power outage. Do we blame the curse of Sham-ME* - more like curse AT him. Do we embrace losing? Losing sucks, always has and always will. Nothing lovable about it. You want to be pitied for loving your team, you aren't a real Sox fan...

It isn't easy being us, but that's what makes it cool...:cool: