PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from PETCO

soxnut
07-30-2004, 04:25 PM
It's a really nice ballpark. The surrounding grounds were very classy with all the palm trees, waterfall, and the different levels. downtown were really crowded. We originally sat in the lf corner of the upper deck. The Western Metal Supply building offers an obstructed view of left field when sitting in the lf ud, so we couldn't see Bond's home run. Later we moved to the 1st base line side of the ud---great seats, and they're seats are pretty high as well, not as steep but at that height, what's the difference? They also had seats in which the seat was at a slight angle, so it is facing more towards the pitchers mound. The color of the seats is a dark blue--a much better looking blue than ours, and the style of seat is better than USCF's as well. If the Sox do change seat colors--this color blue would be ok with me, as I have been an advocate for green seats(I'll take either as long as we get rid the of the current seats). I may have some photos posted in the gallery at some point.

Huisj
07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
It's a really nice ballpark. The surrounding grounds were very classy with all the palm trees, waterfall, and the different levels. downtown were really crowded. We originally sat in the lf corner of the upper deck. The Western Metal Supply building offers an obstructed view of left field when sitting in the lf ud, so we couldn't see Bond's home run. Later we moved to the 1st base line side of the ud---great seats, and they're seats are pretty high as well, not as steep but at that height, what's the difference? They also had seats in which the seat was at a slight angle, so it is facing more towards the pitchers mound. The color of the seats is a dark blue--a much better looking blue than ours, and the style of seat is better than USCF's as well. If the Sox do change seat colors--this color blue would be ok with me, as I have been an advocate for green seats(I'll take either as long as we get rid the of the current seats). I may have some photos posted in the gallery at some point.
how steep did the upper deck feel there? comparable to comiskey? it looked about the same in pictures I saw of it a few months ago. except that the media never complained about it then.

Speaking of that, when was the last time you heard someone complain about the steepness of the upper deck at the Cell? it seems like the rennovations have quieted some of the whiners in the media.

soxnut
07-30-2004, 11:13 PM
how steep did the upper deck feel there? comparable to comiskey? it looked about the same in pictures I saw of it a few months ago. except that the media never complained about it then.

Speaking of that, when was the last time you heard someone complain about the steepness of the upper deck at the Cell? it seems like the rennovations have quieted some of the whiners in the media.

It may not be as steep, but it's still a good workout going up the steps, so to me it's really no different. Their UD is more staggered, so that's a nice touch. The view of the game is the same.

I haven't heard anyone complain about the steepness since the renovations. I sat up there on Monday, there was a Sox fan who sat up there for the first time ever and he thought the seats were pretty cool.

ozzman
08-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I was in San Diego on the 23rd for the homeporting of the USS Reagan and we drove by Petco. The upper deck appeared to be steeper from the outside, but at the top it had a less steep angle, so the upper deck wasn't one steep cliff all the way up.