PDA

View Full Version : Viktor Zambrano

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Why haven't we picked this guy up?

Sure he throws a TON of walks, and that may not be a great things since our defense has been so lackluster lately...but apparently with that 4.43 era he has the ability to pitch out of it. That seems like a much better deal than throwing garland out there who walks batters and then lets them get base hit after base hit on him...

What is this guys salary? On espn.com it says 325,000, is that what he is owed? Or is that his entire salary for the year!?

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Not too mention this guy can pitch out of the pen as well, which would be invaluable in the post season.:cool:

lowesox
07-30-2004, 04:31 PM
I think I read that the asking price was high.

benjamin
07-30-2004, 04:31 PM

Sure he throws a TON of walks, and that may not be a great things since our defense has been so lackluster lately...but apparently with that 4.43 era he has the ability to pitch out of it. That seems like a much better deal than throwing garland out there who walks batters and then lets them get base hit after base hit on him...

What is this guys salary? On espn.com it says 325,000, is that what he is owed? Or is that his entire salary for the year!?
Two words: Ballpark Effects

Over the past three years home runs at Tropicana Field happen about 17% less frequently than they would in an "average" ballpark.

Meanwhile, U.S. Cellular Field sees homers leave the yard approximately 30% more frequently than the average ballyard.

So while Vic may be able to "pitch around" his horrible control problems in Tampa, that crap won't fly, or rather it will fly, very far, at U.S. Cellular.

Huisj
07-30-2004, 04:37 PM
two reasons we shouldn't get him:

-the spelling "viktor" instead of "victor" could turn into another episode of valentin vs. valentine.
-he's walked 96 guys in 128 innings. :o:

Flight
07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
two reasons we shouldn't get him:

-the spelling "viktor" instead of "victor" could turn into another episode of valentin vs. valentine.
-he's walked 96 guys in 128 innings. :o:
Which coincidentally is why he's available........and why we dont' want him. He's worse than Garland.

thepaulbowski
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM

A NL pitcher with almost a 4.5 ERA and with control problems. How could the Sox live without this guy?

Erik The Red
07-30-2004, 06:00 PM
-the spelling "viktor" instead of "victor" could turn into another episode of valentin vs. valentine. Somehow I doubt it, since his name is spelled "Victor", and NOT "Viktor"

Huisj
07-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Somehow I doubt it, since his name is spelled "Victor", and NOT "Viktor"
and Valentin is spelled "Valentin", and NOT "Valentine. What's you're point? Mine was that if on the first time Zambrano was posted about on here, his name was spelled wrong, maybe it had potential to turn into the same sort of problem of consistently spelling it wrong. I think you're reading my original post wrong.

Wealz
07-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Reports from NY have Zambrano going to the Mets for Scott Kazimer. If true, what the heck were the Mets thinking???

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 09:14 PM
A NL pitcher with almost a 4.5 ERA and with control problems. How could the Sox live without this guy?
Tampa bay is in the AL.

And sorry, I thought it was viktor:). And upon further review of the stats, he is 7-2 at home with an era around 3. Elsewhere.....well.