PDA

View Full Version : Who should be gone?

juanuribe
07-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Which player's exit would most positively effect the 2004 CWS?
Please post why you think so and, if you selected other, who did you pick and why...

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Mike Jackson. He's allowed like 60%(I think even higher) of inherited base runners cross home plate. That's simply ridiculous. It seems like when we're down by 2 runs in the 7th or 8th inning and we're starting to build momentum, Jackson comes in and turns that 2 run deficit into a 4 run deficit and takes the wind out of our sails. :angry:

HomerCoach
07-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Which player's exit would most positively effect the 2004 CWS?
Please post why you think so and, if you selected other, who did you pick and why... Thats a tough one...only one vote? :dunno:

SomebodyToldMe
07-30-2004, 02:38 PM
i've posted this somewhere else:

:manos
"Base running mistakes? Strike outs? Not catching foul balls? Batting average? Errors in general? Who cares? I have 22 homeruns! Now pass that bacardi!"

JRIG
07-30-2004, 02:39 PM
I can't believe Jose Valentin's name is actually on this list.
Hey, let's get Royce "The Choice" back.

juanuribe
07-30-2004, 02:39 PM
I had to vote for #22, and it really pained me to do so.

He's been playing very tight lately, and when the supposed heart and soul plays like this, it seems as if the rest of the team has followed suit.

He's a clutch guy who hasn't been clutch lately, and when he faces a LHP he looks horrible. How many managers have changed their pitchers right before Jose comes to bat lately? Everytime they seem to bring in a lefty as well, and more often than not, Jose whiffs.

Again, I've been a BIG fan, but to quote Dan McNeil, "I've had enough of the Jose Valentin movie." Put Uribe at SS, let Willie Harris play everyday, and let's hope Crede promptly removes head from rectum.

Also, of all of our infielders, Jose may have the best trade value. I'd move him for a middle reliever, and then release Mike Jackson. If I had 2 votes, old MJ (and I mean old as in ancient) MJ would get it.

Erik The Red
07-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Mike Jackson. It's not even close.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey, let's get Royce "The Choice" back. Yeah. This guy might've blown it the past few days, but a few weeks ago people were saying that it was more important to lock up Valentin than Ordonez.

juanuribe
07-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Hey, let's get Royce "The Choice" back.
Just providing options, and hey, I'm not the only person who voted for him.:whiner:

JRIG
07-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Just providing options, and hey, I'm not the only person who voted for him.:whiner:
I understand, but if you're looking for options, you've got Uribe, Harris, Burke, Alomar, Cotts, Schoney...

SOXSINCE'70
07-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Jo-se,Jo-se Jo-se Jo-se,go away,go away. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

JRIG
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Jo-se,Jo-se Jo-se Jo-se,go away,go away. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
Jose is 5th among ML shortstops in OPS. He's 1st in HR with 22. He's hitting .258/.325/.589 against RHP.

But he does make errors occasionally.

BigEdWalsh
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I had to vote for Valentin, assuming that we could replace Jose with a SS who might field better (there's alot of those) and has a better on base pct. (there has to be some of those too). Jose's occasional homers just don't cut it on a day to day basis.
Obviously, Jackson's the worst of the bunch but his role is not as key.
No offense but a better poll question would list more guys and allow for multiple answers. :smile:

lowesox
07-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Can I vote for the General Manager?

Jjav829
07-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Jackson's been a killer, the other guys on this list are either young with a strong chance to improve or provide other benefits/hot streaks. Jacko does neither.Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

I agree with those who said Mike Jackson. This guy does not belong on a major league roster anymore.

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

I agree with those who said Mike Jackson. This guy does not belong on a major league roster anymore.
:reinsy

"But he works cheap."

WHarris13
07-30-2004, 03:56 PM
BurkeAre you crazy?

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Are you crazy?
I agree. Burke is one of the players on this team who doesn't deserve any blame for what's happened over the past week. He stays.

Blob
07-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Jose hasn't been the best as of late. But, Mike Jackson has just got to go!

SoxFan76
07-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Come on guys, Jose has had a rough few days. Let's not over react. He definitely belongs on the team. He is one of the top shortstops in the league.

juanuribe
07-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Come on guys, Jose has had a rough few days. Let's not over react. He definitely belongs on the team. He is one of the top shortstops in the league.
Question: aside from the 2000 Division title, what have the Sox won with Jose at SS?

Granted, the same could be said about virtually everyone on the roster, but Jose hasn't been Jose for quite a while. His recent play has made me pine for T-Graf.

I'm glad Ozzie is sitting him tonight, maybe the night off will do him good, but maybe a ticket out of town will do him better.

Trust me, I realize this may be an unpopular sentiment, but I have an overabundance of objectivity, a strong want to see a winner on the south side, and only slight allegiances to players who don't help the Sox win.

Also, everyone says how great his #s are compared to the other SS in MLB, well if A-Rod hadn't become a 3B when he sold his soul to the devil in NYC, he would certainly drop a notch in the SS statistical standings.

owensmouth
07-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Jaun Uribe should be taken out, horsewhipped, shot and left in the south channel of the Chicago River

misty60481
07-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Take Willie Harris with him

South Side
07-30-2004, 08:50 PM
i've posted this somewhere else:

:manos
"Base running mistakes? Strike outs? Not catching foul balls? Batting average? Errors in general? Who cares? I have 22 homeruns! Now pass that bacardi!"Ughh, why are people on here so damn dramatic??? He made one base running error and you act as if he is singlehandedly responsible for every single loss this year. How many times has he been on first and on a base hit gotten to 3rd? Give it up! He isn't bad player!

mcfish
07-30-2004, 08:55 PM

A .232 BA after 300+ ABs is not a rough couple of days - that's a bad season folks. At the very least, that is not one of the top SS's in the league.

stosh
07-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Garland, I'm sick and tired of everytime the Sox tie or get him a lead he turns around and gives it right back just like tonight. He won't take us anywhere with these one good game two bad in a row performances.

alohafri
07-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Since this is Chicago, I get more than one vote...

Mike Jackson
Ross Gload
Damaso "What is a Strike?" Marte

SomebodyToldMe
07-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Also, everyone says how great his #s are compared to the other SS in MLB, well if A-Rod hadn't become a 3B when he sold his soul to the devil in NYC, he would certainly drop a notch in the SS statistical standings.
BINGO!

i STILL consider a-rod a shortstop...possibly the best ever to play that position.

Viva Magglio
07-30-2004, 11:20 PM
BINGO!

i STILL consider a-rod a shortstop...possibly the best ever to play that position.
Don't tell Hawk that.

StrTrkker
07-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Top 5...or is it bottom 5?

In order on who should be on the fastest jet from O'Hare...

1. Willie Harris. Man...theres gotta be someone in Triple A who can bunt better than this wanna be major leaguer.

2. Joe Borchard. Oh Geez...where do I start.

3. Mike Jackson. He pitches more like Michael Jackson.

4. Damaso Marte. I never really felt comfortable with him as a relief.

5. Juan Uribe. He had potential but seems he was only a flash in the pan.

With that said....The White Sox need to be shown by KW that they are still in the fight. By making moves by either trading these losers or knocking some down to AAA the rest of the team may actually look at it as a positive.