PDA

View Full Version : Steve Finley close to being a Dodger...

Aidan
07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Diamondbacks | Finley Close to Being a Dodger - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.kffl.com/)
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:05:17 -0700

ESPNews reports Arizona Diamondbacks OF Steve Finley is close to being traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers.:whiner:

SOXSINCE'70
07-30-2004, 01:50 PM
If Paul LoDuca is involved in this trade,the Dodgers are nuts.They wouldn't be where they are today without LoDuca's help.:kukoo: :kukoo:

Huisj
07-30-2004, 01:55 PM
The trade that was being talked about this morning had loduca and Ishii going to florida, with the marlins giving up brad penny, though I can't remember if he was said to go to arizona or LA. That's a dumb move by Florida though. Lo Duca is real good, yes, but Ishii is 30 and has not been so hot--he walks a bazillion guys. Penny is a stud, and he's only 26. It seems like adding a catcher with a .750 OPS doesn't really make up for the difference between the two. Unless florida thinks that having 3 power pitching right handers isn't a good thing for some reason.

Jjav829
07-30-2004, 02:20 PM
I don't know if this is the 3-way deal that has been discussed, but Arizona makes out like a bandit in the 3-way trade that has been discussed. They'd be giving up Finley, getting Jayson Werth, and then possibly resigning Finley at the end of the year. If the Dodgers trade Lo Duca, they will look into getting another catcher. Could that mean they jump on Kendall? I hope not, but us getting Kendall is probably a pipe dream anyway.

pearso66
07-30-2004, 04:38 PM
The dodgers got CHarles Johnson. And I saw that Encarnacion woudl be sent to the Marlins.