PDA

View Full Version : Everybody has the trade wrong!

habibharu
07-30-2004, 01:13 PM
according to levine, the sox ARE in discussions about a three way deal with the mets and bucs, but it does NOT involve floyd or any other major league players. all KW is gonnna do if this trade goes through is basically trade some of our prospects to the Bucs and the mets will send us some of their prospects.

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 01:19 PM
I had a dream last night where levine called me on my brothers cell phone (I could tell it was levine, because the lcd screen said the name), and we started talking about the 3 way deal. And then we started talking about kendall as I walked around my house. I don't remember what he said thou...unfortunately.

I'm dead serious though.:o:

Foulke29
07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
I had a dream last night where levine called me on my brothers cell phone (I could tell it was levine, because the lcd screen said the name), and we started talking about the 3 way deal. And then we started talking about kendall as I walked around my house. I don't remember what he said thou...unfortunately.

I play this Sim game called Baseball Mogul - pretty fun. Pick a year, and be the GM of any MLB team. Make trades - dump prospects etc etc.

I usually start with a '98, '99 or '00 starting lineup

So, I start with the 2000 roster, and dump Baldwin, Eldred, $$$$ (lots of money) and prospects for Mulder and Zito and Chavez. Then I work out a trade to get Gagne. I trade for Pierre - since he's still a prospect himself and that's been the best team I build.

Anyway, regardless of what year I play, I always work a trade to get Kendall...

joeynach
07-30-2004, 01:41 PM

I think you need to see a therapist.

samram
07-30-2004, 01:46 PM
I play this Sim game called Baseball Mogul - pretty fun. Pick a year, and be the GM of any MLB team. Make trades - dump prospects etc etc.

I usually start with a '98, '99 or '00 starting lineup

So, I start with the 2000 roster, and dump Baldwin, Eldred, $$$$ (lots of money) and prospects for Mulder and Zito and Chavez. Then I work out a trade to get Gagne. I trade for Pierre - since he's still a prospect himself and that's been the best team I build.

Anyway, regardless of what year I play, I always work a trade to get Kendall...
Baseball Mogul is a really fun game. I really like that they now have salaries in dollars instead of points. I do the fantasy draft to start, but only do enough for the 25 man roster. When I see all the high-priced guys the system drafts for me in the later rounds, I deal them for cash or prospects, and usually have a 100 win team within 2 years.

WhteSox725
07-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Baseball Mogul is a really fun game. I really like that they now have salaries in dollars instead of points. I do the fantasy draft to start, but only do enough for the 25 man roster. When I see all the high-priced guys the system drafts for me in the later rounds, I deal them for cash or prospects, and usually have a 100 win team within 2 years.
I have tried Baseball Mogul but I like Out of the Park Baseball.

There's my useless thread of the day. :tongue:

Foulke29
07-30-2004, 02:05 PM
One time, during a 2000 season, I pulled a 'cheat' where I reloaded any time that I lost just to see what a 162 win team would look like.

MVP, CY Young was Keith Foulke with 77 saves and a 0.17 ERA and a .112 BAA. Too funny. My starting line-up was Pierre, Kendall, Thomas, Ordonez, Lee, Chavez, Konerko, Valentin and Soriano (he's a steal from the Yanks in the late '90s - can get him straight up for Durham).

Baines, Crede and some other fill-ins on the bench.

Pitching rotation - Sirotka, Zito, Mulder, Buerhle and Garland
Bullpen - Foulke, Gagne, Bradford, Simas, Lowe and Ankiel

Konerko takes the batting title and everyone in starting line-up finishes with between 50 and 30 HR - except for Pierre - who leads the league in SB.

It was a fun experiment.

ChiSoxBobette
07-30-2004, 02:08 PM
according to levine, the sox ARE in discussions about a three way deal with the mets and bucs, but it does NOT involve floyd or any other major league players. all KW is gonnna do if this trade goes through is basically trade some of our prospects to the Bucs and the mets will send us some of their prospects.
And I'm supposed to think thats something good, why, because thay blocked benson from going to the twins. We can't beat the twins anyway so who cares if they beat with or without benson. So we give up on Ryan Sweeny and someone else we never gave a chance to play for our team for someone elses castoffs. IDIOTIC!

habibharu
07-30-2004, 02:14 PM
And I'm supposed to think thats something good, why, because thay blocked benson from going to the twins. We can't beat the twins anyway so who cares if they beat with or without benson. So we give up on Ryan Sweeny and someone else we never gave a chance to play for our team for someone elses castoffs. IDIOTIC! actually i like this trade better than the floyd one. IMO, id much rather get some top mets prospect(heilman, kazmir, Wright) than floyd. although, overall youre right, i would just keep sweeney and let benson go wherever the bucs trade him to .

Aidan
07-30-2004, 02:31 PM
actually i like this trade better than the floyd one. IMO, id much rather get some top mets prospect(heilman, kazmir,Wright) than floyd. although, overall youre right, i would just keep sweeney and let benson go wherever the bucs trade him to .Why the hell would the Mets give us those prospects for our prospects? What are you smokin' dude?

habibharu
07-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Why the hell would the Mets give us those prospects for our prospects? What are you smokin' dude? do you understand how good ryan sweeney is? he's only 19, and is holding is own agaisnt guys that are 2 or 3 yrs. older. what are you smokin?

oldcomiskey
07-30-2004, 02:46 PM
do you understand how good ryan sweeney is? he's only 19, and is holding is own agaisnt guys that are 2 or 3 yrs. older. what are you smokin?sounds like another Borchard to me---wait--thats a bad thing

ChiSoxBobette
07-30-2004, 02:55 PM
actually i like this trade better than the floyd one. IMO, id much rather get some top mets prospect(heilman, kazmir,Wright) than floyd. although, overall youre right, i would just keep sweeney and let benson go wherever the bucs trade him to .
Do you really think the mets are going to give us the three prospects you mentioned. I doubt it very much. This morning on Mike & Mike on espn Gammons(who I think is an idiot) and the former GM for the mets phillips seemed to think we were just doing this so the twins won't get benson, so if you're the mets and you know that you are'nt going to give us any of those three guys you mentioned and everyone seems to think we were'nt going to get anything. So how stupid is that, benson is'nt Randy Johnson and that would be the only reason I'd give up another of my prospects in a deal like this. Do you guys know since last year KW must have traded 8 or 9 of our prospects and we can't even say we've been to the playoffs .

duke of dorwood
07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
I'd rather see a trade of this sort, than for a veteran. We've been dealt a hand this year that cant be fixed-keep our best prospects and develop our future.

habibharu
07-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Do you really think the mets are going to give us the three prospects you mentioned. I doubt it very much. This morning on Mike & Mike on espn Gammons(who I think is an idiot) and the former GM for the mets phillips seemed to think we were just doing this so the twins won't get benson, so if you're the mets and you know that you are'nt going to give us any of those three guys you mentioned and everyone seems to think we were'nt going to get anything. So how stupid is that, benson is'nt Randy Johnson and that would be the only reason I'd give up another of my prospects in a deal like this. Do you guys know since last year KW must have traded 8 or 9 of our prospects and we can't even say we've been to the playoffs . im not saying that theyre gonna give us all three! theyre obviously only gonna give us one if we give them one and i was just naming some guys from the mets who we could use!

soxtalker
07-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Prospects for prospects could be ok. I'm guessing that the motivation is that the Mets don't have prospects that play the positions that the Bucs need. In addition to blocking the Twins (or bidding up the price), I wonder if this might exchange one of our better outfield prospects for one at a position at which we have more need?

habibharu
07-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Prospects for prospects could be ok. I'm guessing that the motivation is that the Mets don't have prospects that play the positions that the Bucs need. In addition to blocking the Twins (or bidding up the price), I wonder if this might exchange one of our better outfield prospects for one at a position at which we have more need? my point exactly! why not trade a stud OF(although i wish it werent sweeney) for a stud SP or 3B?!

PorkChopExpress
07-30-2004, 03:46 PM
my point exactly! why not trade a stud OF(although i wish it werent sweeney) for a stud SP or 3B?!
Or a catcher.

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Or a catcher.
named jason kendall.

habibharu
07-30-2004, 03:59 PM
named jason kendall. NO! what is this obsession with jason kendall?!! why the hell would you want him unless the bucs pay most of his salary!? do you not realize that he is 30 and that C break down easily?

Soxzilla
07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
NO! what is this obsession with jason kendall?!! why the hell would you want him unless the bucs pay most of his salary!? do you not realize that he is 30 and that C break down easily?
I want to win now. And it's not like I'm paying his salary. Not too mention it gives us all the more reason not to sign maggs next year.

Foulke You
07-30-2004, 04:30 PM
There has to be more to this deal than meets the eye. I believe KW wants to block Benson going to the Twins, which is a good thing but I think this could be a precursor to another deal with a 4th team or we could pry a veteran bat away from either Pittsburgh or the Mets.

habibharu
07-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I want to win now. And it's not like I'm paying his salary. Not too mention it gives us all the more reason not to sign maggs next year. WE ARE NOT GONNA WIN W/O FRANK AND MAGGS!! Kendall is not gonna make enough of a difference!

maurice
07-30-2004, 04:42 PM
How can anyone forget the summer of 1998, when a 19-year-old Joe Borchard was a on a tear for the Sox high-A ball team?!?

What's that you say about summer football practices at Stanford that year . . . and the next couple of years?