PDA

View Full Version : Time to step up...

E Coast Sox Fan
07-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Some player on this team needs to step and become the leader. PK, Jose, Carlos, someone needs to go in that locker room after a loss like that and start throwing stuff around, tipping over tables and stuff. They have to get fired up.

Our guys have to challenge themselves. Hopefully, this string of losses at this point in the will force the movitivation, will-to-win, and killer instinct that we've been lacking since the 2000 season. We have the best team in the central, now we need the attitude to match.

Who's our leader on the field?

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
07-30-2004, 11:33 AM
I dont think jose can be a leader, his head just never seems fully in the game. I think if anyone it would have to be PK or Lee. The only problem is they both seem to care a little bit more about how they do themselves and how many homeruns they hit instead of caring fully about what the team does as a whole. But you are right someone definitely needs to step up and show a lot of emotion during playing time and get this team fired up.

Brian26
07-30-2004, 11:35 AM
The time to step up would have been after Monday night's fiasco when Torii Hunter single-handidly made us look like a bunch of wussies.

Baby Fisk
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Starting today with my PTC, I desperately want to see Paulie become the leader of this team. Steal a base, steamroll a catcher, do something to ignite this team, man!

:walnuts
"What, and give up the longball now?"

:ohno
[tragic sighs] "oh...god..."

ChiSoxBobette
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I dont think jose can be a leader, his head just never seems fully in the game. I think if anyone it would have to be PK or Lee. The only problem is they both seem to care a little bit more about how they do themselves and how many homeruns they hit instead of caring fully about what the team does as a whole. But you are right someone definitely needs to step up and show a lot of emotion during playing time and get this team fired up.
I don't think that comment about PK caring more about what hes doing than the team is true. Carlos is another story though.

lowesox
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I think the one guy who can carry this team is Carlos Lee. And the one guy who should be the locker room leader is Aaron Rowand.

But for the sox to really make a run at the twins, Ozzie's going to have to do something crazy. A fire needs to be lit.

OEO Magglio
07-30-2004, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=E Coast Sox Fan] tipping over tables and stuff. QUOTE]
:KW
"I like the way you think."