PDA

View Full Version : Randy Johnson to Padres or Giants?

gosox41
07-30-2004, 08:46 AM
According to Phil Rogers he says it's a good possibility that Johnson will stay in the NL West. The Yankees don't have the prospects to give up for him.

This is great news for 2 reasons:
1. It keeps RJ out of the AL, especially of the Yankmees.

2. It hurts the Cubs chances of the Wild Card.

Bob

WSox8404
07-30-2004, 12:10 PM
If the Giants or San Diego get RJ , the Scrubs can basically start talking about next year, yet AGAIN. I rather see him go to SF because I think they have the better team. Could you imagine? RJ in game one of a series and JS in game two. Hello.

Jjav829
07-30-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't see that happening. Arizona is hesitant to trade Finley within their division, much less RJ. It looks like the Big Unit will stay with the Dbacks, and all of this talk will have been for nothing. That's fine by me. If he isn't coming here, then he might as well stay a Dback.

Flight #24
07-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't see that happening. Arizona is hesitant to trade Finley within their division, much less RJ. It looks like the Big Unit will stay with the Dbacks, and all of this talk will have been for nothing. That's fine by me. If he isn't coming here, then he might as well stay a Dback.
Depends on how long they think their rebuilding will be. If it's more than through next year, then they shouldn't care because after that, Finley & RJ will be virtually done or past FA.