PDA

View Full Version : Cotts looked good tonite

misty60481
07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I thought Cotts looked good tonite, I know it was only one inning but when he pitched inside he had them tied up, maybe something good will come of this.

WSox8404
07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I thought Cotts looked good tonite, I know it was only one inning but when he pitched inside he had them tied up, maybe something good will come of this.
I sure do hope so...nice to see someone thinking about positives today instead of completely dwelling on negatives....Good job Misty.

mjmcend
07-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Adkins looked solid too. He would have walked away with two scoreless innings if he had not inherited two runners. On the pitching side of this game there were some very positve things. The defense and the offense on the other hand.......

Nard
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Adkins was great once he settled down.

Walking the first guy you face when you already have inherited runners isn't "good baseball."

pczarapa
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I thought so too, he was nice and aggresive on the inner half of the plate. He's gotten smashed when he starts trying to go outer half this year. One of the few good things to come out of tonights game.

mjmcend
07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Adkins was great once he settled down.

Walking the first guy you face when you already have inherited runners isn't "good baseball."

I am not sure who to blame on that wild pitch, Sandy or Adkins, or more likely a combination of both. Although I guess the best person to blame is Crede for not putting the tag on the runner at third but that goes back to my point about the defense. However after the runners were already at 2nd and 3rd then there is really no harm no foul by walking the batter espically if you do it with out giving the batter a good pitch to hit.

But my overall point was that he pitched a servicable inning and 2/3rds. And hey, at least he didn't give up a homer on the first pitch...

Whitesox029
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I thought Cotts looked good tonite, I know it was only one inning but when he pitched inside he had them tied up, maybe something good will come of this.This is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic unless each and every player on this team, not just Cotts, plays up to his ability.