PDA

View Full Version : *Official* This team needs an enema postgame thread

Daver
07-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Thoughts?

ChiSoxTony
07-29-2004, 08:56 PM
With cleveland playing KC and we're playing like s**t!! Third place. WE ARE NOW 4 Games back and falling fast.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 08:58 PM
With cleveland playing KC and we're playing like s**t!! Third place. WE ARE NOW 4 Games back and falling fast.
:troll

Nard
A well-deserved loss for Schoe. :dtroll:
This teal **** is ****ing up your guys' brains.

Soxzilla
A great time to gain some ground and what do you we do? Drop the ball...literally.

EDIT - At least I can win the world series in my mvp baseball game...:(:

OEO Magglio
07-29-2004, 09:00 PM
HUH? Shoe pitched real well. I'm just waiting for this team to get on a roll and everyone will be convinced that we can't be beat, always happens.

ChiSoxTony
The way we are currently playing is is very possible that Detroit will sweep us this weekend. I think this team has quit. I'm sorry to say it, but its the same crap every night. What's tonight's excuse (great pitcher bla bla bla).:angry:

BlackAndWhite
:troll
Isn't that a little quick on the troll-trigger? This sucks, and it's OK to say that it sucks. Like it or not, the Sox are flirting with third place.

Soxzilla
How so? What should have been 6 IP with only allowing 2 runs across? It's not schoes fault he fields the ball better than that p.o.s. excuse of a shortstop we have.

In other news...

Jose is 1 for his last 26, with 1 homer.

You've got to be kidding me.

CWSGuy406
07-29-2004, 09:01 PM
WTH do you mean, a well-deserved loss? He pitched very well tonight, and should have only given up two runs had Jose not made a crappy throw to Harris, or had Crede put the tag on the foot, rather than the base.

Schoeney deserved a win tonight, and our defense/offense let him down.

idseer
07-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Thoughts?
not sure that's a good idea. :?:

Nard
I was kidding around. It sucks that Schoe has to take this loss. It's a no decision at the very least if "Jesus" Valentin makes the DP.

Blob
A well-deserved loss for Schoe. :dtroll:SS had two earned runs tonight. The last time I checked that was really good. If you didn't notice the Sox didn't score! That can make you loose too.

And for the guy who posted we're in third, take a look we're still in second...

Here comes the bitch fest!

EDIT: That was not in teal earlier! And it didn't sound like a joke to me...

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Valentin has been terrible defensively. He seems to go through stretches where he doesn't play well in the field, and now is one of those times. I'd suggest DH'ing him, but that would mean putting Uribe out there, and he has been slumping for months.

idseer
07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Valentin has been terrible defensively. He seems to go through stretches where he doesn't play well in the field, and now is one of those times. I'd suggest DH'ing him, but that would mean putting Uribe out there, and he has been slumping for months.
dh a guy who is 1 for his last 26? i don't think so.

Win1ForMe
07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
My knee-jerk reaction of the day says I don't ever want to see Jose Valentin in a White Sox uniform again.

I hope those Hariston Jr./Catalanotto rumors come true.

WSox8404
07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
:manos "Hey, did everyone forget that I am a clubhouse leader on this team?"

KingXerxes
07-29-2004, 09:08 PM
:hawk

"There yaaaaaaa go - a leadoff single by Gload..........let's see if somethin's on now with Ozzie. I love Ozzie-Ball"

:DJ

"Whoooooooa, Harris swings at a pitch that's almost in the Tiger's dugout trying to protect Gload who was thrown out by fifteen feet. Well, you try it and sometimes you get thrown out. I love Ozzie-Ball."

"Now there's a double by Harris......mercy Ozzie did a great job on that didn't he."

"That's fantastic, all Harris was trying to do anyway was get Gload over to second to begin with, so the fact that Gload was thrown out by a fathom really means nothing now, see how great Ozzie-Ball is?"

"I love Ozzie Guillen."

"I love him too."

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:08 PM
dh a guy who is 1 for his last 26? i don't think so.
He will eventually have one of those streaks where he looks like Babe Ruth, and then everyone will start talking about how great he is. Just last week, some of the posters who are now ripping into him were calling him the best shortstop in the AL. Too funny.

Daver
07-29-2004, 09:09 PM
not sure that's a good idea. :?:
Pffft, I fear little.

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Thoughts?
I just wanna know when is August 1st?

Everyone who has been so patiently positive with this team have been saying all along "wait 'till August". August can't come soon enough....but will it be any better? I'm getting real worried!

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Sunday.

OEO Magglio
07-29-2004, 09:11 PM

Everyone who has been so patiently positive with this team have been saying all along "wait 'till August". August can't come soon enough....but will it be any better? I'm getting real worried!
We'll be back in first within two weeks, BOOK IT.

idseer
07-29-2004, 09:13 PM
He will eventually have one of those streaks where he looks like Babe Ruth, and then everyone will start talking about how great he is. Just last week, some of the posters who are now ripping into him were calling him the best shortstop in the AL. Too funny.
youn know, i'm not sure that's true anymore. i think he's aging VERY fast. i could be wrong but i think he's lost it. 2/3's of a season may be wearing him out now. i let the man go.

KingXerxes
:rooney

"I know what they said Ed, but don't you get it? If Gload never even tried to steal we could have had 2nd and 3rd no out, or even a tie game."

:farmer

"But Hawk and DJ said that Ozzie.........."

"Jesus Farmer, I know what they said - but think for yourself for a second. By trying to force the action, they shot themselves in the foot."

"With a gun?"

"What?"

"Hawk didn't say anything about a gun."

"Forget it, Ed."

spongyfungy
Just heard Dave Wills mention wsi

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I SO hope you're right. Being positive with all that's been going wrong lately is real difficult. I haven't given up on the team, but damn......:rolleyes:

Win1ForMe
07-29-2004, 09:14 PM
This team won't. Only if Kenny brings in some help.

You know the sad part about this is the fact we were finally starting to draw fans to the ballpark because of a winning team. I hope that's not lost on Reinsdorf when he sets the budget for next season, but I doubt it.

idseer
07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
"Forget it, Ed."
wow! that wastes a lot of space doesn't it? :?:

South Side
07-29-2004, 09:17 PM

"There yaaaaaaa go - a leadoff single by Gload..........let's see if somethin's on now with Ozzie. I love Ozzie-Ball"

"Whoooooooa, Harris swings at a pitch that's almost in the Tiger's dugout trying to protect Gload who was thrown out by fifteen feet. Well, you try it and sometimes you get thrown out. I love Ozzie-Ball."

"Now there's a double by Harris......mercy Ozzie did a great job on that didn't he."

"That's fantastic, all Harris was trying to do anyway was get Gload over to second to begin with, so the fact that Gload was thrown out by a fathom really means nothing now, see how great Ozzie-Ball is?"

"I love Ozzie Guillen."

"I love him too." Well THAT was a waste of time.

Win1ForMe
07-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Xerxes,

You can't honestly blame Ozzie for putting the hit-and-run on the way Willie's been hitting lately?

Lip Man 1
07-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Just something to remember, it's hard to hit home runs in that ballpark.

This team is in another offensive funk...13 runs in the past five games.

With no Frank and no Magglio it's certainly reasonable to expect a drop off, however, we've seen this core group do the same thing many times the past two years even with a full lineup.

Lip

Daver
07-29-2004, 09:19 PM
"Forget it, Ed."

LMAO!!!!

Thanx King, I needed that.

Blob
07-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Xerxes,

You can't honestly blame Ozzie for putting the hit-and-run on the way Willie's been hitting lately?
Sure he can, and if Willie would have hit into a DP without a hit and run then he would have complained about that. It's a no win situation with some people.

GO SOX!!!!!!

Nard
07-29-2004, 09:21 PM
So now we're bitching about not playing station-to-station ball.

Ross Gload would've tied the game is JM was in the dugout.

Bring back Manuel?

Wealz
07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I guess I don't understand the tone many have at the moment. It's unrealistic to think this team -- most teams -- could win missing two All-Star calibur hitters for 80+ games.

South Side
07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
So now we're bitching about not playing station-to-station ball.

Ross Gload would've tied the game is JM was in the dugout.

Bring back Manuel?
What isn't there to bitch about right now? We need a win... It's been 5 freaking days... WIN GOD DARNIT!

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2004, 09:27 PM
I guess I don't understand the tone many have at the moment. It's unrealistic to think this team -- most teams -- could win missing two All-Star calibur hitters for 80+ games.
I don't understand what you don't understand. You don't understand that people are ticked off? Do you think we should accept losing?:dunno:

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I agree, but as I've said many times before, some people need something to complain about.

Wealz
07-29-2004, 09:29 PM
With no Frank and no Magglio it's certainly reasonable to expect a drop off, however, we've seen this core group do the same thing many times the past two years even with a full lineup.

Lip
We've also seen them leading the league in runs as late as June(?) of this year.

South Side
07-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I agree that we can't possibly expect the same production with Maggs and Frank out but it is still dissapointing nonetheless.

pczarapa
07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
I swear to God, this is the same crap after every loss. Yes, they've lost 5 games, but do you really think these guys go out there and don't want to win? Take any team in the league, and I mean any team, and take away their 3 and 4 hitters and see what happens. The loss of Maggs and Thomas was catastrophic to this team, but hell I'm still a Sox fan and I'm not going to call these guys quitters. I know these losses are frustrating and many Sox seasons seem like a broken record but there's not much we can do with that much production gone from the heart of the order.

balboner
07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
My biggest complaint about the Harris/Gload thing was that Ozzie put the hit and run on two times. The first time, maybe you can catch the other team sleeping. However, even DJ said that it's not smart to do it twice in one at-bat cause the other team can do a pitch out/throw ball outside. It also boils down to the team not executing when it needs to. Crede didn't get blamed yesterday, but if he gets that bunt down on the first pitch, we dont have 2 guys get caught stealing. Tonight, if harris can put the ball in play on the first hit and run, this whole thing is a mute point.

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
I agree that we can't possibly expect the same production with Maggs and Frank out but it is still dissapointing nonetheless.
Absolutely. We've seen way too many baserunning blunders and stupid errors (I know errors are part of the game) that have cost us important wins that SHOULD have been wins despite missing Frank & Maggs.

Nard
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
The reason the hit and run didn't work was bad luck.

That worthless minor leaguer sure as hell didn't hit that outside spot intentionally.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Absolutely. We've seen way too many baserunning blunders and stupid errors (I know errors are part of the game) that have cost us important wins that SHOULD have been wins despite missing Frank & Maggs.
What bothers me about the situation is that the errors and mistakes are being made by the guys the Sox need to step up the most with Frank and Maggs out.

Win1ForMe
You should have read this board when Magglio's injury was anounced. I was told not to panic despite asking others to point out teams which have gone to the play-offs missing their best two players.

Wealz
I agree, but as I've said many times before, some people need something to complain about.
I didn't mean to be flippant, but this team wasn't designed to win games 3-2. Yeah, I want to them to win as much as anyone, but to blame losing on anything other than the untimely injuries to Ordonez and Thomas isn't fair. If that sounds like an excuse so be it, that's the way it is.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
You should have read this board when Magglio's injury was anounced. I was told not to panic despite asking others to point out teams which have gone to the play-offs missing their best two players.
The Yankees are the only team in baseball that could pull it off. After all, when most of your team is made up of All Stars, it doesn't hurt that much to lose two key players.

Win1ForMe
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Sure he can, and if Willie would have hit into a DP without a hit and run then he would have complained about that. It's a no win situation with some people.

GO SOX!!!!!!
Yeah, especially when Harris hasn't had an extra base hit in, what, the last 2 years? But Ozzie should have anticipated that.

Soxzilla
07-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, especially when Harris hasn't had an extra base hit in, what, the last 2 years? But Ozzie should have anticipated that.
Exactly.

Jerko
07-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Harris would have passed Gload between first and second anyway with no hit and run called, causing even more angst amongst us.

Wealz
07-29-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't understand what you don't understand. You don't understand that people are ticked off? Do you think we should accept losing?:dunno:
Truthfully, I don't understand why people are ticked off. Yes, it would be great if this undermanned team stayed in the race, but it shouldn't be expected.

South Side
07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Truthfully, I don't understand why people are ticked off. Yes, it would be great if this undermanned team stayed in the race, but it shouldn't be expected.
I don't understand why all these people who feel that the season is over and there is no hope are so persistent in having everyone else feel this way. If we want to be confident that the Sox will come back (which I think is a no brainer) than what is the harm?

Terminated
07-29-2004, 10:06 PM
This team needs to get their heads out of their behinds if they want to win.

OurBitchinMinny
07-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Trade Jose please

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2004, 11:12 PM
People are ticked off because that's Sox fans' nature. We don't like losing. We want to win. When we have a team in 1st place we like them to stay there, not collapse, blowing games that should be won. These guys beat the Twins in Minnesota. Was it too much to expect a better showing when playing them at home?
No one in their right mind thought it would be easy after losing Frank and Maggs, but we got Everett which should have made the situation a little better.

Dadawg_77
07-30-2004, 09:30 AM

"I love Ozzie Guillen."

"I love him too."

:rolling: But you forgot his attacks on Billy Beane and his teams not running.

SoxxoS
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
:rolling: But you forgot his attacks on Billy Beane and his teams not running.:hawk

"Plain and simple when you got 3 20 game winners on your team, you can play however you dadgum want."

KingXerxes
07-31-2004, 09:45 AM

GO SOX!!!!!!

Hold on a second Blob, just one dad-gummed second.

The point - which was possibly way too subtle for some - was the fact that every time something goes wrong on the field, you can bet your next mortgage payment that Harrelson (and now Jackson) will try and spin it to some sort of a positive.

I have absolutely no problem with trying a hit and run with Gload on first in that situation, but when it blows up (as things have been lately) don't try to spin the next hitter's double as some sort of "See it all worked out anyway" fashion. We're in a bad stretch and those two pollyannas act as if things are going swimmingly.

The fact is that it didn't work out at all - and again I'd like to state that I agreed with trying the play - it just didn't work. These two shills in the booth must think that the average White Sox fan watching the game has the intelligence of a gnat. It's insulting at a certain level.

"Yessir DJ, just a bunch of gnats watching the broadcast tonight, watch this........In my opinion, after having been around this game for the past sixty years, Willie Harris is starting to show that he's really coming into his own."

"And he wasn't even on the All-Star team."

"Dadgummed right....................Mercy."

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Hawk has definitely dialed up the homer attitude this season and I generally only listen to him for the amusement factor he and DJ provide. However I will say Hawk has begun to turn on ol' Willie Harris.

In the first inning when Harris struck out:

<long silence>

And late in the game with runners in scoring position, Harris can't make contact and strikes out again:

"That was *not* a good at-bat."

So I agree Hawk is getting worse, but he hasn't reached the ridiculous levels his closest rival has already achieved:

:chimp
"FASTBALL! He just blew it right past Willie! He never had a chance!"

:smile:

JRIG
07-31-2004, 10:03 AM
I thought it was great the way they talked up Victor Zambrano as the greatest thing since sliced bread. That was fun.

Hangar18
07-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Sign Magglio ............... NOW

Brian26
07-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Hawk has definitely dialed up the homer attitude this season and I generally only listen to him for the amusement factor he and DJ provide. However I will say Hawk has begun to turn on ol' Willie Harris.

In the first inning when Harris struck out:

<long silence>

And late in the game with runners in scoring position, Harris can't make contact and strikes out again:

"That was *not* a good at-bat."

Exactly. I don't think Hawk or DJ are defending Willie at this point. Also right before that last at-bat:

"Don't try to be cute, Willie. Just do what you have to do. Everyone knows what you have to do, now JUST DO IT."

"Not a good attempt right there." (After strike 2)

And as PHG already said....

"That was NOT a good at-bat."

Blob
07-31-2004, 10:33 AM
Hold on a second Blob, just one dad-gummed second.

The point - which was possibly way too subtle for some - was the fact that every time something goes wrong on the field, you can bet your next mortgage payment that Harrelson (and now Jackson) will try and spin it to some sort of a positive.

I have absolutely no problem with trying a hit and run with Gload on first in that situation, but when it blows up (as things have been lately) don't try to spin the next hitter's double as some sort of "See it all worked out anyway" fashion. We're in a bad stretch and those two pollyannas act as if things are going swimmingly.

The fact is that it didn't work out at all - and again I'd like to state that I agreed with trying the play - it just didn't work. These two shills in the booth must think that the average White Sox fan watching the game has the intelligence of a gnat. It's insulting at a certain level.

"Yessir DJ, just a bunch of gnats watching the broadcast tonight, watch this........In my opinion, after having been around this game for the past sixty years, Willie Harris is starting to show that he's really coming into his own."

"And he wasn't even on the All-Star team."

"Dadgummed right....................Mercy."
When you start putting words in Hawk and DJs mouth it seems more like you were picking on the play more than the people. Sorry if that was not your intent.

voodoochile
07-31-2004, 10:43 AM
When you start putting words in Hawk and DJs mouth it seems more like you were picking on the play more than the people. Sorry if that was not your intent.
Pssst... Blob... Read it again and this time turn on your humor lobe...