PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie is all talk

balboner
07-29-2004, 09:54 PM
For all the stuff that Ozzie says in the papers, he doesnt do anything! He keeps saying that if someone is not performing, he wont play them. Then why does he continue ot pitch Mike Jackson or play Alomar? Honestly, I think Ozzie has gotten off the hook too easy the last month. He's made a lot of terrible decisions. The team does not look like they are coached very well. Come on, how hard is it to get your signs together when a reliever comes in? Like I mentioned in another thread, please don't do anything stupid KW! This isnt the Sox year.

South Side
07-29-2004, 10:20 PM
For all the stuff that Ozzie says in the papers, he doesnt do anything! He keeps saying that if someone is not performing, he wont play them. Then why does he continue ot pitch Mike Jackson or play Alomar? Honestly, I think Ozzie has gotten off the hook too easy the last month. He's made a lot of terrible decisions. The team does not look like they are coached very well. Come on, how hard is it to get your signs together when a reliever comes in? Like I mentioned in another thread, please don't do anything stupid KW! This isnt the Sox year.
This month? Try this week. 5 days ago we were 10 games over .500 in first place.

WSox8404
07-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Godforbid he sit his buddy Jose....

Lip Man 1
07-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Just playing devil's advocate here...

If Ozzie benches two or three guys who is supposed to replace them?

I mean it's not like the Sox have the strongest bench in baseball do they?

Lip

South Side
07-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Godforbid he sit his buddy Jose....
I am sorry, but I was under the impression that this team is lacking in the offensive department... Who exactly would you put in place of Valentin?? Hey, maybe Gload plays SS.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2004, 10:30 PM
I am sorry, but I was under the impression that this team is lacking in the offensive department... Who exactly would you put in place of Valentin?? Hey, maybe Gload plays SS. There is always Dransfeldt. I would be surprised if anyone can put up offenisve numbers that even approach what he has accomplished in this game.

South Side
07-29-2004, 10:34 PM
There is always Dransfeldt. I would be surprised if anyone can put up offenisve numbers that even approach what he has accomplished in this game. Bring him up! That'll teach Jose.

WSox8404
07-29-2004, 10:37 PM
I am sorry, but I was under the impression that this team is lacking in the offensive department... Who exactly would you put in place of Valentin?? Hey, maybe Gload plays SS.
URIBE!!! He has played better D this year than Jose and his average is still about 30 points higher. God, why the hell doesn't everyone realize that Jose sucks?

Nard
07-29-2004, 10:37 PM
On a serious note, for every blatant Valentin error, Mrs. Dransfeldt let a good three or four "hits" go sailing on into left field.

South Side
07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
URIBE!!! He has played better D this year than Jose and his average is still about 30 points higher. God, why the hell doesn't everyone realize that Jose sucks?
Okay, for all the times he screws up... How many clutch homeruns has he gotten? How many times has he come up big for us? I'll take that over Uribe's long slumps... He has 2 bad games defensively and you people jump all over him... Think of the 2 months of solid d he gave us. And no one realizes this b/c he doesn't suck! He's not the best but he doesn't suck. And I am not a big fan of his but stop being so dramatic.
Not to mention the only reason Uribe's numbers are so high is b/c of his monster April... He's got a great arm and he plays a good 2B but don't act as if he is leading this team in hitting.

Palehose13
07-29-2004, 10:50 PM
This is my first time doing this, so be gentle...

:threadsucks

jordan23ventura
07-30-2004, 12:24 AM
He does? Oh that's right. 3-run homers really hurt this team...

mealfred13
07-30-2004, 12:25 AM
He does? Oh that's right. 3-run homers really hurt this team...
On that note, Valentin leads the team in homeruns with men on base....

nasox
07-30-2004, 01:15 AM
This is my first time doing this, so be gentle...

:threadsucks

First time? That isn't the WSI way!

milrtyme28
07-30-2004, 01:51 AM
i will back it uphttp://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks2.jpg

mcfish
07-30-2004, 01:56 AM
Okay, for all the times he screws up... How many clutch homeruns has he gotten? How many times has he come up big for us? I'll take that over Uribe's long slumps... He has 2 bad games defensively and you people jump all over him... Think of the 2 months of solid d he gave us. And no one realizes this b/c he doesn't suck! He's not the best but he doesn't suck. And I am not a big fan of his but stop being so dramatic.
Not to mention the only reason Uribe's numbers are so high is b/c of his monster April... He's got a great arm and he plays a good 2B but don't act as if he is leading this team in hitting.
.232 Nobody said cut him - but just maybe he should be given a day off.

I_Liked_Manuel
07-30-2004, 02:22 AM
you seem to be forgetting that untouchable tear of games he went on when he came off the dl when he ripped off about 12 errors in 10 games. his D wasnt great before the dl either. i really cant think of more than 2 clutch homers he's gotten this year. this really isnt that many considering he swings for the fence every time he's up.

he's not a great player but imo he's better than crede. so i've got a compromise...harris to 2nd, uribe to ss, valentin to 3rd, crede to charlotte

doublem23
07-30-2004, 02:24 AM
crede to charlotteJoe is out of options, so he would have to clear waivers before being sent to AAA.

In other words, not going to happen.

PS, welcome to WSI!

oldcomiskey
07-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Joe is out of options, so he would have to clear waivers before being sent to AAA.

In other words, not going to happen.

PS, welcome to WSI!
without that strong april Uribe would be hitting less than Valentin--without the power