PDA

View Full Version : Kauffman Stadium

Bobby Thigpen
07-29-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm heading down to the Sox/Royals game next Tuesday for my first trip ever to Kauffman and I was wondering if anybody here could give me some advice on some of the best food, sights, or best parts of the ballpark. I've always heard it's a pretty beautiful ballpark, but I've never been there myself. Kind of looking for a tour guide evaluation of the park. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, is anybody else headed down to the game? Look for me in Section 103, row G. You'll probably be able to identify me by my jersey.:smile: Hope to see a White Sox winner, especially after the last three days.

CHISOXFAN13
07-29-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm heading down to the Sox/Royals game next Tuesday for my first trip ever to Kauffman and I was wondering if anybody here could give me some advice on some of the best food, sights, or best parts of the ballpark. I've always heard it's a pretty beautiful ballpark, but I've never been there myself. Kind of looking for a tour guide evaluation of the park. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, is anybody else headed down to the game? Look for me in Section 103, row G. You'll probably be able to identify me by my jersey.:smile: Hope to see a White Sox winner, especially after the last three days.

I will be there as well next Tuesday and Wednesday. I love the ballpark. We arrived early for both games we attended in '99 and were showered with baseballs and autographs from the good guys.

Not sure if you are staying overnight, but if you are, I recommend the Adam's Mark Hotel. It's directly across the expressway from the park and just a short walk over the overpass and through the parking lot.

I'm going to check out the Negro League museum for the first time and hope to grab a bite of some famous KC bbq.

I may track you down to say hello.

Kogs35
07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Not sure if you are staying overnight, but if you are, I recommend the Adam's Mark Hotel. It's directly across the expressway from the park and just a short walk over the overpass and through the parking lot.
i stayed there last year when i saw the royals and yankees and its a great hotel. they have a bus that goes to the stadium. we made the mistake of driving instead of taking the bus becuase we had a free parking pass. and i belive the bus is free.

maurice
07-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Adam's Mark (http://www.adamsmark.com/kansascity/index.asp)

Negro Leagues Museum (http://www.nlbm.com/)