PDA

View Full Version : Victor Zambrano might be traded?

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 01:21 AM
According to Baseball Tonight, Victor Zambrano might be moved by the Devil Rays.

I wonder if Kenny would be interested in acquiring Zambrano and moving Schoeneweis to the bullpen?

I think this guy could definitely help us.

SoxxoS
07-29-2004, 01:22 AM
He is a guy that I would REALLY want. He is a good pitcher. A lot better than Benson.

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 01:32 AM
He is a guy that I would REALLY want. He is a good pitcher. A lot better than Benson.

Speaking of Benson, Harold Reynolds seems to think that the package for Benson is Meintkiewicz, Restovich, AND Cuddyer.

I never heard Cuddyer mentioned before, and I don't think that Harold Reynolds is the most reliable source around, but this package is ridiculous for Benson. Restovich and Cuddyer both have great upsides. Seeing that Meintkiewicz would probably bring a mid level prospect or two low level prospects to Pittsburgh if he is peddled to Boston, that would be a tremendous haul for the Pirates and SUICIDE for the Twins.

I hope Terry Ryan really is that dumb.

samram
07-29-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't mind Zambrano- he has great stuff. The problem is he seems to have a lot of starts where he runs his pitch count above 100 by the fifth or sixth, which on the Sox means Adkins, Cotts, or Jackson in the game. That said, I would still rather see him in the rotation than SS.

kjhanson
07-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Zambrano has nasty stuff. Second lowest BAA (.230); however, he has also walked a league high 96 batters in about 120 innings. That is almost unheard of. If he ever got his control working, he'd be a top-flight starter. As is, he's over .500 on a terrible ballclub so he must be doing something right.

Uncle_Patrick
07-29-2004, 09:57 AM
I like the idea of getting Zambrano, but I don't like the idea of putting Schoenweiss in the pen because of the attitude of "I should be a starter" that he is more than likely to bring with him. Think we could make Schoenweiss part of a deal to get Zambrano?

JB98
07-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Speaking of Benson, Harold Reynolds seems to think that the package for Benson is Meintkiewicz, Restovich, AND Cuddyer.

I never heard Cuddyer mentioned before, and I don't think that Harold Reynolds is the most reliable source around, but this package is ridiculous for Benson. Restovich and Cuddyer both have great upsides. Seeing that Meintkiewicz would probably bring a mid level prospect or two low level prospects to Pittsburgh if he is peddled to Boston, that would be a tremendous haul for the Pirates and SUICIDE for the Twins.

I hope Terry Ryan really is that dumb.
Can the Twins afford to move Cuddyer now that Punto is done for the season? I think they have to keep Cuddyer to fill that utility role for the rest of the year now.

knocko94
07-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Meintkiewicz is garbage, he's probably a throw in to even up salaries for the Twins and Pirates. Two young players is about right for Benson.

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Meintkiewicz is garbage, he's probably a throw in to even up salaries for the Twins and Pirates. Two young players is about right for Benson.

The thing is, Meintkiewicz is worth something to a desperate team like Boston. Pittsburgh can then get another mid level prospect or two lower level prospects.

Coupled with Cuddyer and Restovich, the prospects acquired for Meintkiewicz would complete a very nice haul for Pittsburgh.

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Zambrano has nasty stuff. Second lowest BAA (.230); however, he has also walked a league high 96 batters in about 120 innings. That is almost unheard of. If he ever got his control working, he'd be a top-flight starter. As is, he's over .500 on a terrible ballclub so he must be doing something right.

He does keep the ball in the park, and that's definitely a spot we need improvement in.

Terminated
07-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Victor walks way too many batters.

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Victor walks way too many batters.

2 out, bases empty walks are preferable to 2 out, 2 run doubles and 3 run homers.

Hitters only hit .230 off him, and he keeps the ball in the park. I don't care how many guys he walks, these two facts alone IMMEDIATELY make him our #3 starter.

We give up 2 out homers at an UNREAL rate. ANY help in this area would be a godsend.

WSox8404
07-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Bring em on. After Shoneys decent performance, I rather see Loaiza in the pen IMO.