PDA

View Full Version : Quote OfThe Day 7/30

Lip Man 1
07-29-2004, 12:06 AM
"I hope they hit my leadoff hitter three times, at least I'll have someone on base."--Ozzie Guillen to Bob Foltman of the Chicago Tribune.

Ozzie also was quoted as saying that if Willie Harris can't do the job (leading off) he'll tell Williams to get him somebody who can.

Whoa....sounds like the heat's on Harris.

Also in another story in the Tribune they confirmed that in fact the Sox do lead all of MLB in solo home runs 90 out of 159 have been with the bases empty.

Lip

Kogs35
07-29-2004, 12:50 AM
"I hope they hit my leadoff hitter three times, at least I'll have someone on base."--Ozzie Guillen to Bob Foltman of the Chicago Tribune.

Ozzie also was quoted as saying that if Willie Harris can't do the job (leading off) he'll tell Williams to get him somebody who can.

Also in another story in the Tribune they confirmed that in fact the Sox do lead all of MLB in solo home runs 90 out of 159 have been with the bases empty.

Lip
its about time the heat is on him. dont u kinda of miss ray durham?

doublem23
07-29-2004, 12:52 AM
its about time the heat is on him. dont u kinda of miss ray durham?Yeah, this team is lacking some serious Warning Track Power and fire hydrants.

Mohoney
07-29-2004, 12:53 AM

Yeah. At least Ray Durham's warning-track fly balls came with a runner on 3rd base once in a while.

Fungo
07-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Quote OfThe Day 7/30
LipI understand that this will probably hold true, but was this said tomorrow?

gosox41
07-29-2004, 08:18 AM

Lip
So what is Ozzie waitng for. Go tell KW to get a lead off hitter. There's only 64 games left.

Bob

gosox41
07-29-2004, 08:19 AM

But we were able to trade him for Jon Adkins.

Bob

soltrain21
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Ozzie is obviously frustrated with the cards that have been dealt to him. Next off season should be interesting regardless of what we do this year.

Flight #24
07-29-2004, 01:41 PM

Lip
While true, It's a bit misleading to say that without adding that The Yanks are right up there with the Sox, and that while the Twins have a lot fewer, they are at like 55% of their HRs being solo shots whereas the Sox are at 60%. That 5% difference translates to approx 7HRs to far on the season

ChiSoxBobette
07-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah, this team is lacking some serious Warning Track Power and fire hydrants.At least Ray could hit and when he was on 1st base there was some base running ability there. Willie Harris is at best a fill in player, he can't hit righthanded pitchers , he can't hit lefthanded pitchers, he can't bunt, so whats left as a hitter just because he has some speed it does'nt matter when he can't get on base.

wdelaney72
07-29-2004, 02:52 PM
At least Ray could hit and when he was on 1st base there was some base running ability there. Willie Harris is at best a fill in player, he can't hit righthanded pitchers , he can't hit lefthanded pitchers, he can't bunt, so whats left as a hitter just because he has some speed it does'nt matter when he can't get on base.
Yes Willie is not getting the job done. But he shouldn't be the only one feeling the heat.

Uribe Batting .266 (.152 in last 10 games)
Valentin Batting .235 (.146 in last 10 games) (Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot... He's so clutch and his fielding errors never affect the outcome of a game!)
Borchard Batting .154 (OK, he's just been brought up, but still his numbers suck)
Alomar Batting .258 (.207 in last 10 games)

I don't mind calling out players, but let's spread the crticism to ALL who deserve it.

Cat, Hairston, Kendall? Any of them would be a big help.