PDA

View Full Version : ESPN commentators/analysts

mike squires
07-28-2004, 09:41 PM
I really wish the ESPN crew would get it together when talking about the Sox. A month ago they completly messed up Greg Walkers name and today Borchard was borch ard...I know there have been more.

That being said, I like the depth they go into some of the players...Who knew Timo was fluent in Japanese, that Shingo sometimes forgets to tie his shoe laces etc. etc...I wish Hawk and DJ would go more in depth rather than the same old same old.

Anybody know what was up with the tape delay on Fox sports? ESPN was ahead about 5 seconds or so...

TheBull
07-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I really wish the ESPN crew would get it together when talking about the Sox. A month ago they completly messed up Greg Walkers name and today Borchard was borch ard...I know there have been more.
Gary Thorne referred to Ozzie Guillen as Ozzie Smith and later referred to Carlos Lee as Derrick Lee. Besides Thorne’s sloppiness, I thought there was a little too much Cub love expressed by David Justice on the 7/28 ESPN broadcast.

SomebodyToldMe
07-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Anybody know what was up with the tape delay on Fox sports? ESPN was ahead about 5 seconds or so...
it's like that on the radio...i was in my room listening to a game while my bro and dad were watching it downstairs...and it was when neal hit a man in with the bases loaded and i shouted out "how in the **** do you hit a man with bases loaded?!", so i ran downstairs to see it, and neal hadn't hit the guy yet.

it was nuts.

soxnut
07-30-2004, 11:32 PM
I don't like Dan Schulman, he drives me crazy. I can't watch a game that he announces unless I turn down the sound...and if he's on radio, forget it, I've got to turn off the game.:mad:

Nick@Nite
07-31-2004, 09:38 AM
Late yesterday afternoon, I heard one of the ESPN hacks (Buster Olney, I think) on the radio break down the Pirates/Mets deal involving Kris Benson. This bonehead said that the White Sox were "the losers" in the deal because they were making a run at Benson.

Am I missing something here? The last week and a half were all about the Twins going for Benson. Suddenly, the focus on Benson shifted from the Twins to the Mets. By early yesterday, the rumor had the Sox exchanging prospects with the Mets to seal the deal, thereby keeping Benson out of a Twins uniform.

It ended up being KC as the third party piece of the puzzle involving the Benson deal.

I have to admit that the de facto statement about the Sox being the "losers on Benson" got under my skin. He obviously forgot (or didn't know?) that KW already brought in Freddy Garcia.

The bottom line is with Frank and Maggs being out, the Sox offense is scuffling. And this guy tosses off lines like that?

HomerCoach
07-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Gary Thorne referred to Ozzie Guillen as Ozzie Smith and later referred to Carlos Lee as Derrick Lee. Besides Thorne’s sloppiness
Yeah, and he used to work for the Sox!?

RKMeibalane
07-31-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, and he used to work for the Sox!?
Yes, he did, which only proves how inept he really is when it comes to broadcasting.