PDA

View Full Version : New White Sox book is released

Dan H
07-28-2004, 09:09 PM
My new book, "Chicago White Sox-1959 and Beyond" is being released. I've been told by my publisher that the book will be in bookstores within the next 10 days. The following Sox fans are quoted in the book: Matt Cianchetti, Bob James, Gerry Bilek, Henry Ortiz, Rob Sweas, Mark Liptak, Jim Riordan, and Ella Lackovic. Some of what I wrote didn't make it past the editor due to space constraints. There may have been others I interviewed that didn't make it in.(The story about the Sox comback to overcome an 8-0 Cub lead unfortunately didn't make it.) I would like to thank Matt Cianchetti for sending me some great videos of Sox wins. Great appreciation also goes to Mark Liptak who helped me obtain interviews for the book. The pictures in the book came from Leo Bauby,(who has the web site www.chicago-baseball-photos.com (http://www.chicago-baseball-photos.com)), Gerry Bilek, and Mark Fletcher.

I also want to express my gratitude to George Bova who helped make this publishing connection. And finally to many of WSI posters who gave me suggestions. That was greatly appreciated. After all, the book is written for Sox fans, and I wanted to do my best to appeal to them.

The book is about great Sox moments and is divided into the following parts: Pennant and Division clinchers, Great Pitching Performances, Dramatic Home Runs, Great Opening Days, If You Have a Sense of Humor, The South Side Hit Men, and In a Class All By Themselves. The book is my small contribution the remembering White Sox history.

kraut83
07-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey Dan, sounds like a great read! Do you know if it will be available for purchase over the internet for us out of towners?

thank you in advance!

Dan H
07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey Dan, sounds like a great read! Do you know if it will be available for purchase over the internet for us out of towners?

thank you in advance!
It should be on Amazon and you can go to www.arcadiapublishing.com (http://www.arcadiapublishing.com) to get it. If you like you can get it from me, and I will sign it for you. My e-mail is wallynn@aol.com. I will have copies available soon.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the book. Hope you do well with it.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Ill buy it!:bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-28-2004, 11:05 PM
That gives me an idea.. i think ILL write a book. But not about the sox. About the Cub's-Sukiness. Ill get some ideas from thecubssuck.com and angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck. Ill call it "A history of Stupidity". Or Something. Anyone got any other Hilarious book titles for Cubs-Suckiness?

ewokpelts
07-29-2004, 08:37 AM
That gives me an idea.. i think ILL write a book. But not about the sox. About the Cub's-Sukiness. Ill get some ideas from thecubssuck.com and angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck. Ill call it "A history of Stupidity". Or Something. Anyone got any other Hilarious book titles for Cubs-Suckiness?Bookstores around america already have shelves full of books like the one you want to write. It's called" The History of The Cubbies". By Billy Corgan.
Gene

Rocky Soprano
07-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Bookstores around america already have shelves full of books like the one you want to write. It's called" The History of The Cubbies". By Billy Corgan.
Gene
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Fungo
07-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Dan, looking forward to it. Matter of fact, I just finished Through Hope and Despair. Excellent read in itself.

Maybe I'll swing by on my way to the Sharp Athletic Complex for my softball game from Dyer to pick up my copy.

Baby Fisk
07-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Awesome! I'll order a copy through Amazon.ca.

Dan: Has the schedule for your signing tour been finalized yet? :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Bookstores around america already have shelves full of books like the one you want to write. It's called" The History of The Cubbies". By Billy Corgan.
Gene
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sox_fan_forever
07-29-2004, 10:20 AM
I'll be buying it! I look forward to reading it.

Dan H
07-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Awesome! I'll order a copy through Amazon.ca.

Dan: Has the schedule for your signing tour been finalized yet? :cool:
I will be doing a book signing at Miles Books at 2816 Highway in Highland, Indiana on August 28 probably from 2pm -4pm. I am hoping Miles will have books in hand by tomorrow. I hope to do more, but I will leave the rest to my publisher.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

ewokpelts
07-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I will be doing a book signing at Miles Books at 2816 Highway in Highland, Indiana on August 28 probably from 2pm -4pm. I am hoping Miles will have books in hand by tomorrow. I hope to do more, but I will leave the rest to my publisher.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.no signing at grandstand?
Gene

Foulke You
07-29-2004, 02:24 PM
My new book, "Chicago White Sox-1959 and Beyond" is being released. I've been told by my publisher that the book will be in bookstores within the next 10 days. The following Sox fans are quoted in the book: Matt Cianchetti, Bob James, Gerry Bilek, Henry Ortiz, Rob Sweas, Mark Liptak, Jim Riordan, and Ella Lackovic. Some of what I wrote didn't make it past the editor due to space constraints. There may have been others I interviewed that didn't make it in.(The story about the Sox comback to overcome an 8-0 Cub lead unfortunately didn't make it.) I would like to thank Matt Cianchetti for sending me some great videos of Sox wins. Great appreciation also goes to Mark Liptak who helped me obtain interviews for the book. The pictures in the book came from Leo Bauby,(who has the web site www.chicago-baseball-photos.com (http://www.chicago-baseball-photos.com/)), Gerry Bilek, and Mark Fletcher.

I also want to express my gratitude to George Bova who helped make this publishing connection. And finally to many of WSI posters who gave me suggestions. That was greatly appreciated. After all, the book is written for Sox fans, and I wanted to do my best to appeal to them.

The book is about great Sox moments and is divided into the following parts: Pennant and Division clinchers, Great Pitching Performances, Dramatic Home Runs, Great Opening Days, If You Have a Sense of Humor, The South Side Hit Men, and In a Class All By Themselves. The book is my small contribution the remembering White Sox history.
Hey Dan, this is Matt C. Congrats on finishing the new book. I'm looking forward to reading it. Glad you enjoyed the Sox video tapes too. Good White Sox books are unfortunately hard to come by and your hard work is definitely appreciated by this Sox fan. I'll be sure to plug your new book to my fellow Sox fan friends. :cool:

Also, if anyone hasn't checked out Dan's previous book "Through Hope and Despair" you should pick it up. It is a good read and documents that the misery we just experienced in the past 3 games against Minnesota isn't an isolated incident. Near misses, disappointments, and misery have been happening on the South Side for many, many years.:(:

Foulke You
07-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh, btw, is the book going to be at major chains like Borders or Barnes and Noble?