PDA

View Full Version : Jim Edmonds

RKMeibalane
07-28-2004, 08:27 PM
It's beginning to look like the St. Louis Cardinals might have three MVP candidates instead of two. Edmonds added his 27th home run of the season tonight against the Reds. He now has twelve in the month of July.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Man I wish we had either Pujols or Rolen. Instant offense. No slumps either.

bobj4400
07-29-2004, 09:49 AM
It's beginning to look like the St. Louis Cardinals might have three MVP candidates instead of two. Edmonds added his 27th home run of the season tonight against the Reds. He now has twelve in the month of July.
He left the game with tightness in his back though. I hope it isnt serious, he has been carrying my team in a homerun pool...

ClaudelSleptHere
07-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I swear this post should not be in teal. On today's Cub broadcast, Steve Stone said one of the reasons Edmonds wins Gold Gloves over Corey Patterson is because the wall in St. Louis is lower, giving Edmonds many more chances to rob batters of home runs and appear on highlight shows.

RKMeibalane
07-30-2004, 02:38 PM
I swear this post should not be in teal. On today's Cub broadcast, Steve Stone said one of the reasons Edmonds wins Gold Gloves over Corey Patterson is because the wall in St. Louis is lower, giving Edmonds many more chances to rob batters of home runs and appear on highlight shows.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Maybe if Patterson could actually play good defense consistently, he might be able to win a Gold Glove. Furthermore, Edmonds doesn't just rob home runs. He also has an excellent throwing arm, and he covers a lot of ground in what remains a fairly spacious outfield at Busch Stadium.

JRIG
07-30-2004, 03:52 PM
As long as Barry Bonds is playing, there is only one MVP candidate.