PDA

View Full Version : Weakest Sox Lineup In 15 Years

Punko Paco
07-28-2004, 01:59 PM
:troll
"Harder Sammy Harder!"

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 02:07 PM
don't look now but Timo, Harris, and Crede just combined to give us two runs in bottom of the third to tie it up. Let's go Sox!!!

joeynach
07-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Todays lineup must be the weakest offensive Sox lineup in memory. Due to injuries of course to Mags and Thomas.
Automatic Weak At Bats:
Harris
Perez
Uribe
Crede
Davis
I totally agree. Those 5 are completly overmatched against Hunter, Jones, Rivas, Blanco, Koskie. Ouch. We dont have the personell or the depth.

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Todays lineup must be the weakest offensive Sox lineup in memory. Due to injuries of course to Mags and Thomas.
Automatic Weak At Bats:
Harris
Perez
Uribe
Crede
Davis
OH MY GOD! and Ozzie wonders why we can't win.
Stick A Fork In This Team , They're Done!

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 02:38 PM
and now David homers, ESPN "that's the fastest HR trot in major league history!" Sox down 4-3.

If only the rest of this lineup could produce today we could avoid the sweep!

Let's go Sox!!

joeynach
07-28-2004, 02:39 PM
OH MY GOD! and Ozzie wonders why we can't win.
Stick A Fork In This Team , They're Done!
Not enough personell and depth. Our big RF goes down we call up Borchard who hits .167 for us or platoon Timo out there who hits .250 with no power. The twins Stewart goes down and they call up Lew Ford who hits .310 and is a near all star. We throw in guys who are hitting .125 in the last months as starters in Uribe and Harris, have a platoon of cathers who bat .250 if they are lucky and have a 3B and SS who strikeout, popout, or hit a homer with a .235 avg. No wonder we struggle. We can't expect to win with guys with piss poor averages. I dont want Jose, Crede, Davis, Uribe, or Harris next year. I would much rather take my luck somewhere else. I would love to have Guzman at short next year.

nordhagen
07-28-2004, 02:44 PM
We were joking that Davis ran around the bases as fast as he did because he was afraid the umpires were going to take away his homer since no one would believe it.

and now David homers, ESPN "that's the fastest HR trot in major league history!" Sox down 4-3.

If only the rest of this lineup could produce today we could avoid the sweep!

Let's go Sox!!

Foulke29
07-28-2004, 02:53 PM
We were joking that Davis ran around the bases as fast as he did because he was afraid the umpires were going to take away his homer since no one would believe it.
Hey they already took two away today - thank God!

balboner
07-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Joeynach, a good way to sum up your well researched stats is that: the Sox dont have very good talent currently on this squad. Look at the Twins, especially if they add Mauer and Benson at the end of this week. Their talent level will be far superior than the Sox is. Only Konerko and Lee are above average hitters on the Sox right now. As has been mentioned, way too many easy outs. And could you imagine how it might be if Lee and Konerko weren't as hot as they are. Oh yeah, I can: Getting swept at Wrigley! That was without Frank and Maggs, and we sure sucked.

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 03:00 PM
LOL! Welcome to WSI by the way

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 03:27 PM
... and now Timo scores Crede with a bunt single, this worst lineup in 15 years is the only thing keeping us in the game at this point! --- 4-4 in the 8th

Lets go SOX!!

Frater Perdurabo
07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
If we are talking about the last 15 years, that 1989 lineup was pretty awful IIRC.

bigdommer
07-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Automatic Weak At Bats:
Harris
Perez
Uribe
Crede
Davis
Crede: 3 for 4 with two runs scored. Not that weak, or automatic.

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 04:04 PM
the only problem with this lineup was subbing Borchard for Harris, as Harris might of scored Crede form 3rd with 1 out to win it, wheras Joe grounded into a DP to kill the rally