PDA

View Full Version : Answer to Sox's offensive problems: constant lineup?

WhiteSoxFan84
07-28-2004, 02:17 PM
No one is mentioning it this year but I heard it all of last year when Jerry Manuel was getting blamed for not having a consistent line-up out.

I maybe off here, but I think a consistent lineup would get the players more comfortable with each other and each player would know their role in almost every situation.

Now of course if a player is slumping, changes will need to be made and the occassional days off will factor in. Other than that, here's the lineup I would love to see everyday;

1) L Harris - 2B
2) L Perez - RF
3) R Lee - LF
4) R Konerko - 1B
5) S Everett - DH
6) R Rowand - CF
7) L Valentin - SS
8) R Crede - 3B
9) R Davis - C

Man this lineup SUCKS without Maggs n Big Frank.

Foulke29
07-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Please see comments about how Houston feels about Ensberg... and I'd say that cinches up this line-up.

cbrownson13
07-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Now of course if a player is slumping, changes will need to be made and the occassional days off will factor in. Other than that, here's the lineup I would love to see everyday;

Man this lineup SUCKS without Maggs n Big Frank.

The problem is, we have 3-4 slumping guys in this lineup. Crede, Harris, Uribe, Valentin.

Unfortunately, injuries are killing this lineup. I don't know any team in baseball that could survive losing TWO potentially .300, 30, 100 guys with good on base percentages.