PDA

View Full Version : White Sox SAP???

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
What exactly is this? I think it is SAP anyway. They always talk about it on the pregame show. Can anyone explain?

Soxzilla
07-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Instead of listening to hawk and dj, you listen to 4 idiots who know **** about baseball.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Instead of listening to hawk and dj, you listen to 4 idiots who know **** about baseball.

Ha. This has to be Brooks' first thing he did that didn't make much sense.

fledgedrallycap
07-28-2004, 12:54 PM
It is a Secondary Audio Programming (I think), regardless of the acronym; it is a button on newer TV's that allows a second stream of audio (originally meant for Spanish or other languages) to take the place of the primary audio.

In the case of the White Sox, they have some MLB pilot program where a bunch of people (Comic, Sports Guy, Fan) sit around and talk about the game in an attempt to duplicate a "sports bar enviornement".

fledgedrallycap
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Ha. This has to be Brooks' first thing he did that didn't make much sense.
It's not Brooks, MLB is sponsoring these type of Pilot programs to gauge what fans like during the broadcast. The SAP thing is just one piece of what is being tried:

Players miked with audio
Different Camera Angles
Computer aided graphics
Manager/Coach In-game interviews

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 12:57 PM
It's not Brooks, MLB is sponsoring these type of Pilot programs to gauge what fans like during the broadcast. The SAP thing is just one piece of what is being tried:

Players miked with audio
Different Camera Angles
Computer aided graphics
Gotcha. I wonder how many people actually tune into this.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 12:57 PM
My bet is not many.

Tekijawa
07-28-2004, 12:58 PM
I heard that they have Tom Arnold commin gon soon too, so there will be 5 people who don't know **** about baseball.

It sounds like a bad small town morning talk radio show. They all try and be too funny, and it doesn't work. It reminds me of Jimmy Falons skit on Saturday night live where he did the DJ in the mornings. I keep waiting for one of them to yell, "Oh my god man in the box, get back in the box!".

Hawk and DJ are much better, especially with hawk getting older and angrier about everything... He's not Santo or Pearsol, but he's getting closer everyday!

joe250
07-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I've noticed that whenever they do the SAP the audio gets a bit screwy. The volume seems to change drastically from one minute to the next, so I have to keep the remote nearby to adjust accordingly. It gets a little irritating after awhile.

Cellview22
07-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I tried it out for a few innings, and I couldn't take it. First, they have Brian the Whipping Boy, who's a Cubs fan by the way, phone in and he couldn't be more annoying. And then there was some girl who never talked until it was her turn to read out phone numbers. It was like they thought it was a comedy show or something.. :rolleyes:

Did anyone listen to them when they had on Jenny McCarthy or Jimmy Kimmel? I didn't care to listen in. Did they talk about the Sox at all, and what did these "celebrities" have to say about the Sox?

havelj
07-28-2004, 01:13 PM
You know who they should bring in.....?

How about none other than Jimmy Piersall? Waaay outta their target market age range, but boy that would be fun.

gobears1987
07-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I don't watch it, I'm sticking to Hawk and DJ to hear my "You can put it on the Board eee YESSSS" calls and "He GAWN"

DrFunk
07-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I just wish that they could have the SAP button have Rooney and Farmer's call of the game. I can't mute the TV and turn on the radio because the call is off by a few seconds, and I personally can't stand that.

ode to veeck
07-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Pipe Dream: could we get the old Sox-N-Roll Guido and crew for the SAP

bennyw41
07-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I pushed SAP and it didn't work. Is it a Comcast problem?

bennyw41
07-28-2004, 02:42 PM

Players miked with audio
Different Camera Angles
Computer aided graphics
I don't thin this is part of the MLB initiative. I just think its FSN trying something new.

DickAllen72
07-28-2004, 10:04 PM
I pushed SAP and it didn't work. Is it a Comcast problem?

Mine never works either. I also have Comcast cable.

OzzieBall2004
07-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I have the dish and mine doesnt work...im not losing any sleep over it though.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I have the dish and mine doesnt work...im not losing any sleep over it though.
Probably better off.

Jerko
07-28-2004, 11:00 PM
We got a little preview in an earlier thread about the type of "humor" that goes on during that SAP crap. You are better off if you can't get it.

DirtyWindow
07-28-2004, 11:07 PM
its a great idea. but the people they have on there are HORRIBLE

HomeFish
07-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I should have tried out for that with my Ed Farmer impression. A friend of mine does a good Hawk too. We could have been the ultimate radio/TV crossover. Sadly, we didn't have the time.

BainesHOF
07-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Did anyone listen to them when they had on Jenny McCarthy or Jimmy Kimmel? I didn't care to listen in. Did they talk about the Sox at all, and what did these "celebrities" have to say about the Sox?
Jenny was great. She's a funny chick. She talked about going to old Comiskey.

I happen to like the SAP concept, though it's true they might want to get better people for it. There's absolutely no discipline with the current people. They say lots of funny things but more times than not they're not funny. They need to find people who bat for a higher average.

It's called an "alternative" broadcast for a reason. It's meant for the younger crowd. To me, it's perfect during a boring game.