PDA

View Full Version : Affordable parking near the Cell

Fisk72
07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Not that I'm cheap (ok, maybe I am) but is there any cheaper/free parking nearby the ballpark? I'm thinking of heading out today and don't feel like paying the $16 or more to park. Any ideas?

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 12:10 PM
If you live close to me you can stop by and pick up a free parking pass. I have relatives that live right there and I have a green business parking pass that you can use as many times as you want and park on any side street as close as you can get to the park.

BearSox
07-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Park at IIT for free

BainesHOF
07-28-2004, 12:29 PM
You can park in the neighborhood west of Halsted for free. You'll have about a five-block walk.

joeynach
07-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Not that I'm cheap (ok, maybe I am) but is there any cheaper/free parking nearby the ballpark? I'm thinking of heading out today and don't feel like paying the $16 or more to park. Any ideas?
I cant tell you where but there are certain spots and lots in the adjacent neighborhood where you can get away with parking for free. I haven't paid for parking in years. One place i actually noticed last night was right by that Maxwell Street stand off the 31st there is no sinage on some of those streets denoting parking. I cant share my parking secrets pubilcally though, they are just that good.

BeerHandle
07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
First Base (local bar)
You can park at 32nd and Normal, go into the bar, but a soda or beer, ask for a neighborhood parking pass, put it on your dash and walk three blocks to the park. I think you can do the same at Jimbos.

LongLiveFisk
07-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Speaking of parking prices, I was extremely appalled today to see two lots east of GRANDSTAND (that little restaurant and the gas station on 35th & Emerald, I believe) charging $20 when the lots right across from the park itself only cost $16. Good Lord, somebody is trying to get rich off the large crowds, ya think? :o:

Daver
07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
I park on 31st st just east of State, near where Stateway Gardens are.No signs for permit parking and no meters.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-28-2004, 06:48 PM
I park on 31st st just east of State, near where Stateway Gardens are.No signs for permit parking and no meters.
If I don't have the kiddies with me (their legs are too short to walk that far), I always park in that area too. I figure the extra exercise is good for a "free" beer, both for the wallet and the gut.

:redneck

Daver
07-28-2004, 06:55 PM
If I don't have the kiddies with me (their legs are too short to walk that far), I always park in that area too. I figure the extra exercise is good for a "free" beer, both for the wallet and the gut.

:redneck
If the kids are with me I bring my Goped and lock it up outside the park, I still save the cash and the kids don't have to walk.

BainesHOF
07-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Speaking of parking prices, I was extremely appalled today to see two lots east of GRANDSTAND (that little restaurant and the gas station on 35th & Emerald, I believe) charging $20 when the lots right across from the park itself only cost $16. Good Lord, somebody is trying to get rich off the large crowds, ya think? :o:
You think that's bad? For the All-Star Game those jokers charged $50.

LongLiveFisk
07-28-2004, 08:49 PM
You think that's bad? For the All-Star Game those jokers charged $50.
Actually that doesn't even surprise me. We parked there for the Stones concert 2 years ago and they were charging $25 then BUT that was when they were only charging $10 for Sox games. I'm sure if the Stones were playing there now the charge would definitely be $50.