PDA

View Full Version : Blyleven No Respect From Sox

Punko Paco
07-28-2004, 12:07 PM
:troll
"I'm bending over right now, Kerry!"

mrwag
07-28-2004, 12:10 PM
They way the Sox have played the last 2 games, I'd say he's right. But, I wonder what he was thinking a couple of weeks ago when the Sox swept the Twins at the dome???

OG4LIFE
07-28-2004, 12:11 PM
because without frank/maggs, the twins are better.

and, the twins have kinda proven it the last two seasons, and so far this year, haven't they?

samram
07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Anybody else here the Twin broadcast last night? Blyleven said the Twins had no respect for the Sox or their talent. He also mentioned he talked to "several unbiased people regarding the Hunter/Burke situation and not one said the play was dirty. You can tell from his broadcasts that he really feel the Sox suck and he feels they are an inferior team.
Yeah, I had the Twins' feed on mlbtv last night. One comment they made was that Burke was being "reassembled" in a hangar at Midway. Whether the play was clean or not, that is really classless to make fun of a possible injury. They also have an endless need to remind their fans that they overtook the Sox last season in a sweep at the Metrodome at won the division- and they say it every inning.

OTOH, as currently constituted, the Twins are better- but the Sox were better last year, and we saw what good that did.

CHISOXFAN13
07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
He's as biased as Hawk is, so I can really care less about what he has to say.

Baby Fisk
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
He's as biased as Hawk is, so I can really care less about what he has to say.Exactly. He panders to the milk-swilling masses of Minnesota. Circle THIS, Bert.

Soxzilla
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Is this why we lead the season series 7-5? :rolleyes:

Sorry, not everyone can play the tigers and royals so many times before the halfway point of the season.

DaveIsHere
07-28-2004, 12:28 PM
They way the Sox have played the last 2 games, I'd say he's right. But, I wonder what he was thinking a couple of weeks ago when the Sox swept the Twins at the dome???
The Sox have still won more of the head-to-head matchups this season

Over By There
07-28-2004, 12:29 PM
I hate this as much as anyone, but they are in the position to chirp, given recent history. I just hope we beat the snot out of them the rest of the year so they'll shut their traps.

Even then (if we win the division), they'll probably continue to go out of their way to pat themselves on the back for how they're a small market team able to compete with the Sox because they're just such a wonderful group of guys.... :rolleyes:

bobj4400
07-28-2004, 12:29 PM
The Sox have still won more of the head-to-head matchups this season
Unfortunately, without Maggs/Frank, that is about to change...

bluestar
07-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I had the Twins' feed on mlbtv last night. One comment they made was that Burke was being "reassembled" in a hangar at Midway. Whether the play was clean or not, that is really classless to make fun of a possible injury.
I thought that was an extremely classless remark to make, too. Plus, it was ill-informed, as Davis has been catching Garcia anyway. The comment was something like, "Ben Davis is catching tonight because Jamie Burke is being reassembled in a hangar at Midway after Torii Hunter ran over him last night."

Of all the broadcast teams around the country, the Twins' team is probably my least favorite.

Brian26
07-28-2004, 12:42 PM
I've considered Blyleven a dueche bag ever since the days in the early 80's when he was on the Indians and shot his middle finger up at the crowd when they were booing him after giving up a ton of runs.

Uncle_Patrick
07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Screw Blyleven and the Twins. Of course he doesn't think it was a dirty play, and it this point, what does it matter? Dirty play or good hard baseball, it definately was sending a message to the Sox, and that was "If you wanna beat us, you're gonna have to play hard." And the Sox' response, so far, has been "Whoa, uh, hey guys, that's ok." The only guy who seems fired up is Buerhle. Why should the Twins respect the Sox right now? The White Sox have looked absolutely flat, especially offensively. Would you respect that? Blyleven and every other Twins fan have to laughing at the Sox right now. We'd be laughing at the Twins if it were the other way around.

Foulke29
07-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Again, see previous post that I made about Blyleven. He's just steamed because he's a chump that the Sports Writers won't elect to the Hall.

Hey there Bert - if you ever read these posts - HA! HA!

Baby Fisk
07-28-2004, 04:48 PM
It's not as if the Sox give Blyleven anything to be in awe of. Thank god I didn't have to listen to his crap today. :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-28-2004, 04:53 PM
When Blyleven can find a better t-shirt than one that says "I love to fart," maybe then he can criticize another Major League team. Until then... shaddup. The man has the maturity of an eight-year-old.

OurBitchinMinny
07-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey bert,

Whats it like to be a HOFer? Oh wait, you arent one. But you sure as hell constantly bitch about it. Maybe he should be, but a true HOFer doesnt campaign for himself like blylevyn has has done. I hope he never gets in

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Anybody else here the Twin broadcast last night? Blyleven said the Twins had no respect for the Sox or their talent. He also mentioned he talked to "several unbiased people regarding the Hunter/Burke situation and not one said the play was dirty. You can tell from his broadcasts that he really feel the Sox suck and he feels they are an inferior team.I heard Dick Bremer say that, not Blyleven. Bert has been kind of neutral about it all, while Bremer is a complete homer and a tool.

As for whether Blyeleven belongs in the HOF, all I can say is that longevity, by itself, should not be a qualifier. Blyleven never won a Cy, and in his long career only made the All-Star team twice, and one of those was when he was the mandatory for his team. Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me.