PDA

View Full Version : last post about 'THE PLAY'

idseer
07-28-2004, 11:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1847744

for all those who cling to the 'cheap shot' theory.

:smile:

Palehose13
07-28-2004, 11:44 AM

:smile:
So when are you buying your Hunter jersey?

I'm not changing my opinion on the matter. If this bothers you, so be it.

Mickster
07-28-2004, 11:45 AM
So when are you buying your Hunter jersey?

I'm not changing my opinion on the matter. If this bothers you, so be it.
Ditto here. :gulp:

Funny that 80% on the people on the board wanted some form of retaliation.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 11:46 AM
F that. He is still a dirty player in my opinion. What does running someone over have anything to do with scoring a run. He could have just ran accross the plate and still scored the run. Its like in football when the RB falls down. All you have to do is touch him, but you have these jagbags who drive into them. Even if they lose the ball, the play is considered dead since they are on the ground. Why go out of the way to possible hurt someone? No one will convince me that Hunter isn't a dirty SOB.

Fungo
07-28-2004, 11:46 AM
"I think a lot of guys here are saying it's a clean play," Buehrle said Tuesday. "Every time I saw it on TV [Monday] it made me madder and madder."

Mark Buehrle, today's Chicago Tribune
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040727soxbrite,1,7474882.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Clarkdog
07-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Say what you want about that play - dirty or not - it's intent was to send a message to the White Sox. The Twins are the defending champions.

That part that saddens me is that the White Sox have done a very poor job of responding to it.

WSox8404
07-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Say what you want about that play - dirty or not - it's intent was to send a message to the White Sox. The Twins are the defending champions.

That part that saddens me is that the White Sox have done a very poor job of responding to it.
I am sure that was not what Hunter was thinking when he was coming down the line. "Oh man we are defending division champs. I am gonna run over that catcher because of it." Where do we come up with this crap?

Uncle_Patrick
07-28-2004, 11:52 AM

Damn, you beat me to it.

Brian26
07-28-2004, 11:53 AM
I guess you can count me in with the guys who apparently give a **** about this play: Buehrle, Hawk, Kenny Williams, Mickster, Palehose. It was a cheap shot. It may have been within the rules, but it was a cheap shot. I'm still pissed, and I'm even more pissed that nothing's been done about it.

Fungo
07-28-2004, 11:58 AM
:hawk

"That's where you file one right there"

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 11:59 AM

:smile:How someone who saw what hunter did think it was a good clean aggressive play does'nt know squat! Probably that same night 10, 20 players had the same chance to do what hunter did and knowing they did'nt need to do that to score just slid in.Hunter would have been safe by plenty if he just did the same but the twins being a dirty(whiney)team took the cheap shot.As for the jerkoffs on BBTN on espn and campbell yesterday saying it was Perez's fault, and that other moron asking campbell if what happened with the fans threatning hunter should be addressed because US Cell is dangerous , well they can all kiss my butt!

idseer
07-28-2004, 12:06 PM
lots of angry people out there. :rolleyes:

Palehose13
07-28-2004, 12:14 PM
lots of angry people out there. :rolleyes:
And you just love pushing buttons...

steff
07-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Ditto here. :gulp:

Get it all out of your system. I don't want to hear one word about this over the weekend.. :tongue:

Mickster
07-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Get it all out of your system. I don't want to hear one word about this over the weekend.. :tongue:
Just wait..... The 5 hour drive to Detroit will be full of "Torii Hunter Sucks"

I wrote a song about it. :D:

steff
07-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Just wait..... The 5 hour drive to Detroit will be full of "Torii Hunter Sucks"

I wrote a song about it. :D:

Tell Jen she can ride with us if she wants.. :wink:

Mickster
07-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Tell Jen she can ride with us if she wants.. :wink:
She probally will. Already heard enough from me..... :D:

Foulke29
07-28-2004, 12:28 PM
As for the jerkoffs on BBTN on espn and campbell yesterday saying it was Perez's fault, and that other moron asking campbell if what happened with the fans threatning hunter should be addressed because US Cell is dangerous , well they can all kiss my butt!
ESPN is full of a bunch of Sox haters anyway. Between Campbell and Suck-cliffe - I am fed up with much of ESPN. I feel like Harold and Peter are the only ones that give the Sox props.

Clarkdog
07-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I am sure that was not what Hunter was thinking when he was coming down the line. "Oh man we are defending division champs. I am gonna run over that catcher because of it." Where do we come up with this crap?
No, I don't think that Hunter was thinking that exactlly as he was rounding third - but clearly the Twins came into town determined to play HARDER and SMARTER than the Sox. They are not intimidated by them, and have no respect for them. That's what that play and every hardnosed play the Twins make is about. They are the defeding champions - if the Sox want to knock them off - they have to beat them at their game.

jshanahanjr
07-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Hunter should have been eating dirt in the ninth inning, but Mike Jackson couldn't even get that right. At least he didn't give up a slam with 3 inherited runners on. :angry:

Blob
07-28-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm sure this will be brought up next week, later next month, after the season is over, next year before and after Sox fest...Ugh...

Ozzie said it best, "Don't cry about it, do something about it" and the Sox have not done that and I think they know it too!