PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see that great bunt by Crede in the 7th

Gammons Peter
07-28-2004, 12:28 PM
me either. Love that Ozzie ball

JDP
07-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Crede is a far cry from the so-called "grinders" that this supposedly the makeup of this club.

LASOXFAN
07-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I did see the long, slow, graceful home run swing though...man, it's pretty to watch. It doesn't bother me at all that he only popped out to center and didn't advance the runners. You have to learn how to appreciate the subtleties of the game.

SoxxoS
07-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Funny, but sad at the same time. I don't think everyone realized how big it was to GET THE DAMN RUNNERS OVER with one out..b/c we were down by 3 and a homer could tie it. Instead, Crede gives us one of his patented popups. (After you pop the ball up in the infield over 100 times, I believe it becomes "patented.") Like last year, it was Paulie's patented double play. This year it could be Crede patented pop-ups, or Harris's grounder to the second baseman.

Dadawg_77
07-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Funny, but sad at the same time. I don't think everyone realized how big it was to GET THE DAMN RUNNERS OVER with one out..b/c we were down by 3 and a homer could tie it. Instead, Crede gives us one of his patented popups. (After you pop the ball up in the infield over 100 times, I believe it becomes "patented.") Like last year, it was Paulie's patented double play. This year it could be Crede patented pop-ups, or Harris's grounder to the second baseman.
Wait a second here. The reason you would want to get the runners over is the runner at third could tag on a fly ball and guy at second could score a hit. If you are looking for a three run homer, you let Crede swing away since he is more likely hit it then the batters following him.

As for the situation, I am not sure you could do the bunt since Konerko is on second. If the Twins executed a wheel play, Konerko would be dead at third more time then not. So the greatest possibility is for 1-2 with one out. Which is what happen if Crede flew out.

Hangar18
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
me either. Love that Ozzie ball
Crede is a great defensive player, but til his bat heats up...and im talking about hitting 300, then he needs to be on the bench late innings .......
OZZ should be SMACKED-DOWN for letting him hit. I saw that coming a mile-away. For the last 5 or 6 seasons, ive seen the Twinks put man on 1st,
Bunt him to 2nd, or have him Steal 2nd, come to 3rd on a GroundOut/FlyOut, and score on a Single/FlyOut. Look at all the runs theyve scored, Id say 75% are of the Manufactured Variety. Having 1st and 2nd and No Outs TWICE in two games, AND NOT SCORING is brutal. I wouldve had Crede BUNTING. And on that topic, I was Screaming at Konerkos 2 foot lead-off of 2nd yesterday. He gives himself NO CHANCE to score by staying so close to the bag like that. I hate Station-to-Station Baseball.

CHISOXFAN13
07-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Crede is a great defensive player, but til his bat heats up...and im talking about hitting 300, then he needs to be on the bench late innings .......
OZZ should be SMACKED-DOWN for letting him hit. I saw that coming a mile-away. For the last 5 or 6 seasons, ive seen the Twinks put man on 1st,
Bunt him to 2nd, or have him Steal 2nd, come to 3rd on a GroundOut/FlyOut, and score on a Single/FlyOut. Look at all the runs theyve scored, Id say 75% are of the Manufactured Variety. Having 1st and 2nd and No Outs TWICE in two games, AND NOT SCORING is brutal. I wouldve had Crede BUNTING. And on that topic, I was Screaming at Konerkos 2 foot lead-off of 2nd yesterday. He gives himself NO CHANCE to score by staying so close to the bag like that. I hate Station-to-Station Baseball.

You've seen the Twins do that down three runs in the seventh?? Come on.

And who should replace Crede since the only other option at that position is in a bigger tailspin than he is?

SoxxoS
07-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Wait a second here. The reason you would want to get the runners over is the runner at third could tag on a fly ball and guy at second could score a hit. If you are looking for a three run homer, you let Crede swing away since he is more likely hit it then the batters following him.

As for the situation, I am not sure you could do the bunt since Konerko is on second. If the Twins executed a wheel play, Konerko would be dead at third more time then not. So the greatest possibility is for 1-2 with one out. Which is what happen if Crede flew out.
My post didn't sound right, it should have said it was key for Crede to get the runners over...nobody made a big deal that he didn't just b/c he could tie it with one swing.

pudge
07-28-2004, 01:37 PM
WHy the hell would we be bunting when we were 3 runs down??

Gammons Peter
07-28-2004, 01:39 PM
If we pick up a run with a sac fly or "imagine" two runs with a base hit.
We would be a run down with two innings to go

SoxxoS
07-28-2004, 01:40 PM
WHy the hell would we be bunting when we were 3 runs down??
I wasn't looking for the bunt, I just wanted Crede to humor me and hit the damn ball to the right side. We aren't asking him for a miracle here. He didn't have to bunt, just attempt to hit the ball to the right side.

MikeKreevich
07-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Crede looks like a guy in need of some testosterone. Get excited, get pissed, show some emotion, trip Hunter the next time he rounds third! Good defense and a pretty swing, but bland as wonder bread.

BainesHOF
07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Crede is a great defensive player.No he's not. Crede is a good to very good defensive player, even though lately his fielding has matched his hitting.