PDA

View Full Version : **Sighhhhh** We couldve had Todd Walker

Hangar18
07-28-2004, 11:18 AM
everyday I watch him get hit after hit, after bunt single, after sacrafice bunt,
I think about the fact we COULDVE had him ....... but didnt want to pay $$$$ to get him. Ironically, now we'll have to give the rest of the farm away to get a Carlos Beltran now. im so sick of the way this team thinks ....... :angry:

ma_deuce
07-28-2004, 11:22 AM
everyday I watch him get hit after hit, after bunt single, after sacrafice bunt,
I think about the fact we COULDVE had him ....... but didnt want to pay $$$$ to get him. Ironically, now we'll have to give the rest of the farm away to get a Carlos Beltran now. im so sick of the way this team thinks ....... :angry:
Only one solution to that problem...

:supernana: :selljerry :supernana:

JDP
07-28-2004, 11:23 AM
KW can have all the "desire" to put together a team to "win it all now", but until the baseball philosophy and baseball economics change from the ownership on down, this club will continue to frustrate, and eventually, let down each and every one of its fans. Sure, you'll have the few extremists on both ends, those who are overly and unfaithfully optimistic and those others that are the exact opposite -- either way, it is going to boil down to what it does each and every year under the current management: a lot of talk, a lot of possibilities and a lot of nothing. I do not consider myself either optimistic nor pessimistic about this franchise, but if someone were to label me either one of those from my comments, then hey, so be it. That's just how I view this club and how it's run.

bartmanisgod
07-28-2004, 11:25 AM

I'm sorry but it's doubtful we could have had Walker...he wanted to go to the scrubs because he felt they were a serious contender....he gave up $ and playing time just to play for them!

Baby Fisk
07-28-2004, 11:26 AM

The classic off-season tag has returned! :cool:
But is it too soon?

The Critic
07-28-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry but it's doubtful we could have had Walker...he wanted to go to the scrubs because he felt they were a serious contender....he gave up $ and playing time just to play for them!
IIRC, he passed on more money/starting job with the Jndjans to ride the Cubbie blue pine, until Grudzjfshdfbsfsdkasfrjgldfnalfgek got hurt.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry but it's doubtful we could have had Walker...he wanted to go to the scrubs because he felt they were a serious contender....he gave up $ and playing time just to play for them! Yep. WE need that kind of lure on the southside. :whiner:

JDP
07-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Real estate is location, location, location. White Sox are ownership, ownership, ownership.

thepaulbowski
07-28-2004, 12:00 PM

You know he'd waive his no trade clause how....oh wait, you don't.

cbrownson13
07-28-2004, 12:04 PM
You know he'd waive his no trade clause how....oh wait, you don't.
Who has a no trade clause?

SOXSINCE'70
07-28-2004, 12:05 PM

It'll never happen.He enjoys angering Sox fans.He's done it so well over the last 24 years.I may be a A Sox fan,but until this man gets some new investors who understand what baseball on the south side of Chicago in late October could mean to a fan base,nothing changes.
HE'LL NEVER SELL!!:angry: :angry:

Hangar18
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
It'll never happen.He enjoys angering Sox fans.He's done it so well over the last 24 years.I may be a A Sox fan,but until this man gets some new investors who understand what baseball on the south side of Chicago in late October could mean to a fan base,nothing changes.
The ONLY THING SOX FANS can take solace in ......... is Jerry Reinsdorf Cant Live Forever. Stories about a cryogenic chamber hidden somewhere at Comiskey notwithstanding, the Ogre is getting on in years and Im sure as much as he wants to run the team into the ground and praising the North Side team (and angered that We Sox Fans Refuse to rejoice during cubby camelot) he
Cannot live forever and will try and step down beforehand.
Step Down Jerry, Just Step Down

steff
07-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Some days, Henry, the crap that comes out of your mouth leaves me speechless.. and you know how hard that is.

Brian26
07-28-2004, 12:44 PM

I'm not so sure Todd Walker's numbers would have been better than Uribe's over the course of the first four months of the season. He had a hell of a postseason last year, but he's not the savior for anybody, and he never will be.

Brian26
07-28-2004, 12:45 PM

Is it Jerry's fault that our two best players got injured?

bobj4400
07-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Yes, Jerry took a baseball bat to Frank's foot and Magg's knee. He also killed Rowand's kitten and neutered Konerko's puppy. EVERYTHING IS JERRY'S FAULT.

Hangar18
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Some days, Henry, the crap that comes out of your mouth leaves me speechless.. and you know how hard that is.
umm Steff.... the fact that I wont get too down ...... because JR is getting Old,
and wont own the team forever..... thats crap? Bill Veeck doesnt own the Sox anymore because of two reasons. 1. Sold the team 2. Hes Dead

Baby Fisk
07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
umm Steff.... the fact that I wont get too down ...... because JR is getting Old,
and wont own the team forever..... thats crap? Bill Veeck doesnt own the Sox anymore because of two reasons. 1. Sold the team 2. Hes DeadMeanwhile, in his hidden fortress deep under the waters of Lake Michigan, the reanimated clone of Bill Veeck issues his new command:

:veeck
"Bring me this Hangar 18 and thaw out Eddie Gaedel. Someone's kneecaps will be bloodied tonight!"

:dumbash
"Yes Master!"

:veeck
"HA HA HA HA HA!"

steff
07-28-2004, 04:28 PM
umm Steff.... the fact that I wont get too down ...... because JR is getting Old, and wont own the team forever..... thats crap?

Yes Henry. IMO your "death watch" of Jerry is sickening.

AnkleSox
07-28-2004, 04:44 PM
No but it's his fault that the team is carried by two players.

doublem23
07-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Walker turned down more money from a few other clubs to go to the Cubs, IIRC, because he thought they had a good chance to make the Series. I doubt we could have gotten him without grossly overpaying for him.

thepaulbowski
07-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Who has a no trade clause?
I'm thinking of the "other" Walker everybody wants to trade for. My bad.

Brian26
07-29-2004, 02:51 PM
No but it's his fault that the team is carried by two players.

The team is not carried by two players. You assume a good team must have 5 or 6 MVP candidates on it? Take the two best players off ANY team and see where they end up. The team is solid, but the absence of their two BEST players hurts a hell of a lot.

Frank the Tank
07-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Not to mention we could have also landed Freddy Garcia at a much cheaper price and Olivo would be his catcher.

ewokpelts
07-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I think about the fact we COULDVE had him ....... but didnt want to pay $$$$ to get him. Ironically, now we'll have to give the rest of the farm away to get a Carlos Beltran now. im so sick of the way this team thinks ....... :angry:to steal the title of the new megadeth record:
The System Has Failed.

Gene

DrCrawdad
07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes Henry. IMO your "death watch" of Jerry is sickening.

If you don't like the way the Sox are currently, is there really any reason to believe that things will change drastically if (or when) Reinsdorf dies? My point is that Reinsdorf is not the sole owner. Reinsdorf is the public face of the Sox board. IMHO if Reinsdorf were no longer the chairman and public face of the Sox, things would be pretty much the same as things have been.

fuzzy_patters
07-29-2004, 09:18 PM
If you don't like the way the Sox are currently, is there really any reason to believe that things will change drastically if (or when) Reinsdorf dies? My point is that Reinsdorf is not the sole owner. Reinsdorf is the public face of the Sox board. IMHO if Reinsdorf were no longer the chairman and public face of the Sox, things would be pretty much the same as things have been.
That sounds about right. I think Eddie Einhorn would probably take over, and he has been around as long as Uncle Jerry. It will be just more of the same.:whiner:

Lip Man 1
07-29-2004, 09:33 PM
That's a great question.

Remember Einhorn is about the same age as Jerry and has had health problems. Uncle Jerry publicy said in his interview on Chicago Tonight that his sons aren't going to get involved and also admitted something I had heard four / five years ago that Martyl (his wife) wishes that he would sell and leave.

At this point I don't think anybody knows what would happen and I don't think it's a lock that a current minority owner would take over.

Lip