PDA

View Full Version : It's far from over

hose
07-28-2004, 07:37 AM
A win today will be just what the doctored ordered.

The Twins are not going to run away with this division , ain't going to happen, no way.

Sox will get it going again winning 6 out of their next 8 starting today and come back to the Cell in first place.

OEO Magglio
07-28-2004, 07:41 AM
A win today will be just what the doctored (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=531,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1) ordered.

The Twins (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,1) are not going to run away with this division , ain't going to happen, no way.

Sox will get it going again winning (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,1) 6 out of their next 8 starting today and come back to the Cell in first place.But the sox have lost 3 games in a row and our 2.5 games back and a whole game back in the loss column, the season is over, I don't understand what your talking about.

I agree with you the twins aren't going to run away with this division, they have all their tough opponents coming up in the last two months of the season. Sure the sox have looked flat these last two games but they'll be fine, have faith sox fans the sox will be in this until the end.

SOXSINCE'70
07-28-2004, 08:11 AM
A win today will be just what .the doctored ordered.

The Twins are not going to run away with this division , ain't going to happen, no way.

Sox will get it going again winning 6 out of their next 8 starting today and come back to the Cell in first place.
I hope so.These last 3 games haven't been kind to my stomach.But my pyschiatrist loves me,so i've got that goin' for me.:D: :D:

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 08:56 AM

If what happened with Burke & Hunter the other night was'nt a sign that the White Sox don't have the heart to take this division then theres nothing that is. My opinion is that the White Sox just don't have it to beat the twins for this division, every year its the same thing the twins do something, as they did the other night with Hunter clobbering Burke, and we just hope what happened will light a fire in our team and they come out and beat the crap out of the twinkies, but it just does'nt happen. I think what will happen now is that JR & KW will let this team run its course and then sit back and re-evaluate the players for next year:
Buehrle - Keep
Garcia- Keep
Loaiza- Gone
Garland - Gone, its about time to.
Schoenweiss - Maybe
Takatsu- Keep
Marte- Keep
Polite - Keep
Adkins - Maybe
Rest Of The Bullpen- Gone
Gload- Maybe
Perez-Gone
Burke-Maybe
Alomar Jr. - Gone
Davis - Gone
Borchard- I don't think this guy will ever be a big time player like they Thought - Gone
Crede- Re-Evaluate He may not be the player we all hoped or thought he'd be
Valentin - Gone
Uribe - Maybe as bench player
Harris- the experiment is over , this guy will never be a big time leadoff man or for that fact an everyday player
Konerko - Keep
C.Lee - Keep
Rowan - Keep
Everett- Gone, again
as far as Maggs & Frank I don't think anyone is going to pay Maggs the big money I guess he thinks he worth now that he's hurt especially a knee problem so we may get him back and I think they will have to re-evaluate whether they want to keep Frank. I think this team needs to be overhauled and some new blood brought in(hopefully new blood with some attitude) but as for this year I think the twinkies will run off with this division and hide and as usual we end up in 2nd place. Oh yeah someone tell Ozzie nice guys finish last or in our case 2nd because thats what his team is ,TO NICE!

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 09:00 AM

IT'S OVER JOHNNY!, The twinkies will run off and hide now as they've done in the past. So everyone get ready for the WHITE FLAG to go up. Don't be surprised if that guy we had pitching last night is one of the 1st traded epsecially with him being signed for 3 years , when we finally fall out of it, I'd say within the next several weeks, Garcia will be very attractive to a team thats heading into the playoffs.

DaveIsHere
07-28-2004, 09:19 AM
IT'S OVER JOHNNY!, The twinkies will run off and hide now as they've done in the past. So everyone get ready for the WHITE FLAG to go up. Don't be surprised if that guy we had pitching last night is one of the 1st traded epsecially with him being signed for 3 years , when we finally fall out of it, I'd say within the next several weeks, Garcia will be very attractive to a team thats heading into the playoffs.****, we are 2.5 games out of it, and still in the WC too, you people are insane, talk about windsocks that is what most of you are, sick of all the negativity some of you dispell on a regular basis, :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and in addition when we win the division I dont think the windsocks should be allowed to celebrate as we should be raising the "white flag" now

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 09:36 AM
****, we are 2.5 games out of it, and still in the WC too, you people are insane, talk about windsocks that is what most of you are, sick of all the negativity some of you dispell on a regular basis, :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and in addition when we win the division I dont think the windsocks should be allowed to celebrate as we should be raising the "white flag" now
HEY BUDDY WAKE UP AND OPEN THOSE EYES OF YOURS - THIS TEAM HAS NO HEART! They had a chance to make thier own statement these last two games and instead they do what they always have done ,rollover. They let the twinkies , who everyone admits does'nt have the talent the White Sox do with or without Maggs & Frank and what happened the same thing as always - INTIMIDATED BY A LESSER TALENTED TEAM. If the Sox lose today Its over, they will go into detroit with judy garland & ohnoenweiss pitching and thats the year buddy. I say after today no matter what the Sox do they will be swept in MoTown. So don't expect JR to let KW make some blockbuster trade.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DaveIsHere
07-28-2004, 09:39 AM
HEY BUDDY WAKE UP AND OPEN THOSE EYES OF YOURS - THIS TEAM HAS NO HEART! They had a chance to make thier own statement these last two games and instead they do what they always have done ,rollover. They let the twinkies , who everyone admits does'nt have the talent the White Sox do with or without Maggs & Frank and what happened the same thing as always - INTIMIDATED BY A LESSER TALENTED TEAM. If the Sox lose today Its over, they will go into detroit with judy garland & ohnoenweiss pitching and thats the year buddy. I say after today no matter what the Sox do they will be swept in MoTown. So don't expect JR to let KW make some blockbuster trade.

Blah Blah BLah!!! That is fine, you can feel that way you are entitled, but dont come crawling back when we win the division. I like how you say the season is over with over 2 months left, your choice, too bad you wont be there when we are in the playoffs, you say the are rolling over, sounds like you are doing the same, Support your team WindsockBob!!!

Cellview22
07-28-2004, 09:49 AM
If the Sox win today and tomorrow night, they'll be 1 game out of first place with 63 games remaining. It's not time to panic yet.

Something big has to happen before the trading deadline. If not, I'm gonna be very peeved. :angry:

Dolanski
07-28-2004, 09:52 AM
How about we cut this team some slack. Yeah, it sucks to lose to the Twinkies, but heck we don't have our TWO BIGGEST BATS. No matter if you play Ozzie Ball, Small Ball, Cubs Ball, or stick ball, you are going to struggle when you lose Maggs and Frank at the same time.

Also, there are two months left at we are 2.5 GAMES OUT. I remind you all that the Twins were further back on Sept 1st last year and still won the division.

With all the negative talk, I half expect people to start demanding another white flag trade. How about some faith?

Dadawg_77
07-28-2004, 09:57 AM
5 is the magic number right now. The Sox could make up 3.5 game gap, but only 8% of teams in the history of Major League that have been 5 back by July 31st, have come back to win the division. So if the Sox are five back by July 31st, I don't think we are coming back. This team doesn't have the hitting nor pitching to go against the odds.

voodoochile
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Always amazes me how some people are looking to jump off the bandwagon at the slightest provocation.

Sox need to show some urgency, but the loss of Frank and Maggs (as has been previously pointed out) puts a huge hole in the lineup. Tough for any team to overcome and it will take time to get used to them not being there.

Nothing is over. You need to have faith that the pitching is enough to keep the team in it. If not, there is always training camp...

But, I agree that people willing to jump off the bandwagon now should be forced to walk behind it later this season when the Sox come back...

ChiSoxBobette
07-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Blah Blah BLah!!! That is fine, you can feel that way you are entitled, but dont come crawling back when we win the division. I like how you say the season is over with over 2 months left, your choice, too bad you wont be there when we are in the playoffs, you say the are rolling over, sounds like you are doing the same, Support your team WindsockBob!!!
Hey Dork, I've been a White Sox fan longer than you've been alive probably and if this team gets into the playoffs I'll be in my season ticket seats while you're hoping to buy some scalpers ticket, but if you know anything about baseball and White Sox baseball this team has done this for the last several years and the twinkies have done the same thing the last few years whether its in thier home park or ours they do something that shuts our team down and this year that something was what happened to Burke which should have been taken care of by our team that night instead we sit there with our thumbs up our butts and hope the twinkies just go away. Well pal if the twinkies take care of the BoSox who they face next and we can't take out the tigers 2 months or 10 months the sox are done!

fledgedrallycap
07-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey Dork, I've been a White Sox fan longer than you've been alive probably and if this team gets into the playoffs I'll be in my season ticket seats while you're hoping to buy some scalpers ticket, but if you know anything about baseball and White Sox baseball this team has done this for the last several years and the twinkies have done the same thing the last few years whether its in thier home park or ours they do something that shuts our team down and this year that something was what happened to Burke which should have been taken care of by our team that night instead we sit there with our thumbs up our butts and hope the twinkies just go away. Well pal if the twinkies take care of the BoSox who they face next and we can't take out the tigers 2 months or 10 months the sox are done!
Name calling, very nice way to make a point.

Dan H
07-28-2004, 10:34 AM
2 1/2 games is a not a margin that can't be overcome. However, we have to face the facts that the team miss Ordonez and Thomas, and no one at the top of the order is setting the table. Solo homeruns will win you nothing. So there is plenty to be concerned about not to mention this team hasn't won more than 86 games during the last three years. I am sure the Twins will have another slump themselves, but the White Sox have to take care of their own business. And now that Manuel is gone, I don't buy the "blame the manager" routine. This is no longer a young team. They are veterans and it is time to step up. They can start by beating the Twins today and avoiding an embarrassing sweep.

Brian26
07-28-2004, 10:39 AM
I don't think the Sox have been MORE than 2.5 games out since very early in the season, if AT ALL this year. The difference between being 1.5 games out and 3.5 games out is gigantic. This is a huge, huge game today. A win, and we're ok. A loss, and we're in deep trouble.

MushMouth
07-28-2004, 10:43 AM
this team has done this for the last several years and the twinkies have done the same thing the last few years whether its in thier home park or ours they do something that shuts our team down and this year that something was what happened to Burke which should have been taken care of by our team that night instead we sit there with our thumbs up our butts and hope the twinkies just go away. Well pal if the twinkies take care of the BoSox who they face next and we can't take out the tigers 2 months or 10 months the sox are done!
DAMN STRAIGHT - I see no reason to think this Sox team is magically going to start playing good ball. Loaiza is not going to rediscover his cutter and the left side of our infield will always hit a combined .240 with a bazillion strikeouts. We'll be relying on people like Borchard, Perez, Everett and Gload to make up for the absence of Frank and Maggs. Doesn't cut it. I think it will be a minor miracle for this team to play .500 from here on out.

Please prove me wrong White Sox.

DaveIsHere
07-28-2004, 10:57 AM
WindSockBob:
Your assumptions are all wrong, from the Sox folding to the fact that I will be buying tickets from a scalper, remember you already said it was OVER, no need to buy tickets!!!!! Either cheer for you team and support them or continue to complain and live the rest of the season in misery. It is 2.5 game lead, after today it will probably be 1.5 game lead, and so that makes us eliminated??? I have hopes until we a Mathematically eliminated. Remember that is why they play the games.

then again I am a dork and probably havent been alive as long as WindsockBob has been a Sox fan so what the hell do I know????

Deadguy
07-28-2004, 11:01 AM

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry::prozac

Dolanski
07-28-2004, 11:15 AM
This is the thing I have always hated about other Sox fans. The bitterness and negativity. If people wonder why the media doesn't like this team, its because the perception is their fans don't like their team. And before someone jumps down my throat about being a Cub fan or whatever, I am a diehard fan and have been so since '83 when I was about 6. I am just sick of people who b**** and moan about this team for every little thing that goes wrong. Man, even if this team won the World Series I think some people here would still be complaining that it wasn't enough.

I believe in this team and I believe its not over. It's not August yet, anything can happen. The Twins could fall apart, the Sox could rattle off a string of wins with their upcoming schedule, KW could go and grab a bat, there is still a lot of this season left.

And if I am wrong, so what, make me eat crow, at least this fan stood by his team.

DaveIsHere
07-28-2004, 11:35 AM
This is the thing I have always hated about other Sox fans. The bitterness and negativity. If people wonder why the media doesn't like this team, its because the perception is their fans don't like their team. And before someone jumps down my throat about being a Cub fan or whatever, I am a diehard fan and have been so since '83 when I was about 6. I am just sick of people who b**** and moan about this team for every little thing that goes wrong. Man, even if this team won the World Series I think some people here would still be complaining that it wasn't enough.

I believe in this team and I believe its not over. It's not August yet, anything can happen. The Twins could fall apart, the Sox could rattle off a string of wins with their upcoming schedule, KW could go and grab a bat, there is still a lot of this season left.

And if I am wrong, so what, make me eat crow, at least this fan stood by his team.

Thank you for that, they all call Moronotti a windsock, but they are no different, go Sox 2004 division champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South Side
07-28-2004, 12:57 PM

LEAVE :dtroll: NOW!!!

CHISOXFAN13
07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't think the Sox have been MORE than 2.5 games out since very early in the season, if AT ALL this year. The difference between being 1.5 games out and 3.5 games out is gigantic. This is a huge, huge game today. A win, and we're ok. A loss, and we're in deep trouble.

The Sox fell behind the Twins by three games after dropping the first two in the home set.

We rebounded very nicely after that.

kraut83
07-28-2004, 01:33 PM

Amen Brother! Last I checked the Sox still have 16 games left with Det, & 14 with KC, plus another home & home with the Twins.

Wanne
07-28-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.penguinradio.com/graphics/giveup.jpg

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!?...

I'm not gonna say it's over...but unless a pretty decent bat comes over in a trade...it doesn't look good without Mags and Frank. It'd also be nice to see Walker with with Crede on his friggin' slowpitch softball swing.

oeo
07-28-2004, 01:58 PM

yeah, a win today will bring back all those "it's over, when does football start" "fans" back to saying..."we're going to the world series!"

Blob
07-28-2004, 07:14 PM
That's just ridiculous! I bet if the Sox were up 3.5 games it would not be a big enough lead. Geez...

hsnterprize
07-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I didn't see/hear the game, but I can tell by the tone of these posts that not only did the Sox let this game get away, but many of you are all ready to throw in the towel. Isn't it weird...about a week ago, we were all ready to celebrate big time with not only the Sox playing well, but the troubles with the Cubs. And now, not only are the Cubs starting to get their attention back since Wrigley Field is being fixed, but they're playing halfway decent baseball right now while we're stinkin' up the joint. Talk about strange fates, eh?

Fans...it's pretty obvious this team isn't going to run away with this division. And since I'm a veteran poster on this site, you'll understand when I say that if the Sox were 20 games ahead in the division race right now, some of you would STILL find something to complain about. As if the negativity isn't contagious around here or something.

Look people...it's okay to be upset about how the Sox played these last 3 games. Just like you, I would've been more than happy with 2 out of 3, if not a sweep of the Twins. However, it didn't happen...GET OVER IT!!!!!!! If you're willing to give it up for the rest of the season, then do so and don't give those of us who want to believe in this team grief for being optimistic. Of course the Sox are hurting with Frank and Maggs...that's about as obvious as the nose on your faces. However, this team is way too much talent to not play better than they are now, and all of us know that. So...enough of the crying, bitching, and moaning here. I'm not saying "put on a happy face", but at least let the team play the rest of this week before you're willing to sell your souls to the lowest bidder...sheesh!!!!!

This indeed was a tough loss to take. That's baseball. I didn't hear any of your pass any Kleenex to the Cubs fans when they were ready to call their team all but dead about a week ago. So you know what...keep your head up, and let's check ourselves so we don't get way too over our heads 7 days from now.

I don't care if some of you don't want to read this... IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!

space_monkey
07-28-2004, 07:36 PM
AMEN

GO SOX

PaleHoseGeorge
07-28-2004, 07:42 PM
That's just ridiculous! I bet if the Sox were up 3.5 games it would not be a big enough lead. Geez...
You're a quick learner, Blob.

:cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Anybody who says the sox are down and out right now shouldnt call themselves true sox fans. Lets "rebound" ourselves. The positive threads will be up and running soon.:cool:

hose
08-06-2004, 08:55 AM

For my next prediction.......:redface:

On a positive note the Sox did put together a multi-hit inning last night in KC:rolleyes:

I would like to see the Sox finish off the season playing hard every night and take 2 out of 3 on the West Coast and 4 out 6 from the Twins.

Disappointed? you bet , but like Hawk says they Sox have to get their "swagger " back. Hopefully a big crowd and Buehrle on the mound is the right combination to get it going again.

oldcomiskey
08-06-2004, 09:18 AM
let's dont resort to name calling--its so Cub-like----and I think Ozzie has done a great job considering all the crap he has to put up with--not to mention Frank and Magglio being out..and the last last --what---15 years we aint had a manager woth a damn--Ozzie is doing better than even I expected. But I will say this--this team needs to be overhauled no matter what

ChiSoxBobette
08-06-2004, 09:46 AM
****, we are 2.5 games out of it, and still in the WC too, you people are insane, talk about windsocks that is what most of you are, sick of all the negativity some of you dispell on a regular basis, :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ITS OVER JOHNNY! Tigers take 3 of 4. KC takes 2 of 3, Without Frank & Maggs this team has nothing.
Windsock that about explains your baseball knowledge!

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH,

PaulDrake
08-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Yes, it's true. I've been a Sox fan longer than most here have been alive. The venom on this and other recent threads takes me somewhat aback. There also seems to be an extreme amount of naivete displayed by a number of posters. With Frank and Maggs this is not a playoff team. Without them probably not even a .500 team. The cupboard appears to be almost bare on the farm. Management appears to take a fly by the seat of the pants approach. A really good poster took a lot of heat on another thread for saying as much. Seriously. Analyze this team position by position even with its two superstars and tell me this is a team that could take you deep in the playoffs. The 2000 team wasn't near as good as we all thought and hoped. After going 55-30 they play .500 ball the rest of the way, and that's just about where the Sox have been since then. With spit and paste and smoke and mirrors KW has attempted to patch things up and keep the old jalopy on the road. Now it's just about broke down and the future is starting to look like a rerun of that forgettable time in the late 80's. Just when cubbie love has reached a feverish pitch. No, I'm not happy and I'm not optimistic. I'd love to be wrong because first and foremost I'm a Sox fan. So old I remember the 59 WS a little bit. Thought it was going to be the first of many in my lifetime. It's time for yet another "rebuilding". This "core" hasn't and isn't going to get it done. Yes, I'd like to be wrong. I'd gladly take a full serving of crow because I want the Sox to win more than I want to be right. I'm just not going to ignore the reality staring me in the face.

JDP
08-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I wonder if some of these guys could make the cut on the scab teams.

Lip Man 1
08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Paul:

Extremely well put!

Lip