PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Millar

Jjav829
07-28-2004, 01:11 AM
This came from Peter Gammon's latest article. Apparently Kevin Millar watched an ex-White Sox in order to improve. I thought his last line was kind of funny.

Kevin Millar's streak began when he conceded he needed to make changes the previous Monday in Seattle. "I had to spread out," says Millar, "and stop popping everything out. I was watching that Miguel Olivo hit and said, 'that's what I need to do.' And it worked. Some guys copy Barry Bonds or Albert Pujols; I copied Miguel Olivo."
:smile:

WhiteSoxFan84
07-28-2004, 02:04 PM
I was reading a ESPN.com article a few days ago by Peter Gammons in which Kevin Millar's ridicilous weekend was mentioned (he batted well over .500 and has been in his last 10 games). While the BoSox were in Seattle last week, Millar realized he needs to spread out a little more while batting. He was quoted as saying, "I was watching that Miguel Olivo hit and said, 'that's what I need to do.' And it worked. Some guys copy Barry Bonds or Albert Pujols, I copied Miguel Olivo."

Funny story, the legend of Miggy begins in this story.

Foulke You
07-28-2004, 06:10 PM
This came from Peter Gammon's latest article. Apparently Kevin Millar watched an ex-White Sox in order to improve. I thought his last line was kind of funny.

:smile:
Can we get Joe Crede to think like Millar too? Perhaps if we show him some tapes of his former teammate Olivo hitting, it will inspire him as well.

Blob
07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Don't let Homefish see that...