PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thread

ukigdog
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
White Sox fans,

I think that for the sake of the team, we need to really unite, and post some positive thoughts about the team. This team has something special, and I beleive that they will still win the Central. Lets try to make one of the longest and best threads all season, and I would like to send an email to the white sox organization of all the positive posts.

I will start with mine...

We have the only 7 games left against minnesota, and are still 7-5 against them this year. I am not a least bit worried, and still feel we have the upper hand. We have a much easier schedule then them the rest of the season. Go White Sox!!

South Side
07-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Nice thought behind it, but there is a reason there are no replies to this thread. :whiner:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-27-2004, 10:50 PM
White Sox fans,

I think that for the sake of the team, we need to really unite, and post some positive thoughts about the team. This team has something special, and I beleive that they will still win the Central. Lets try to make one of the longest and best threads all season, and I would like to send an email to the white sox organization of all the positive posts.

We have the only 7 games left against minnesota, and are still 7-5 against them this year. I am not a least bit worried, and still feel we have the upper hand. We have a much easier schedule then them the rest of the season. Go White Sox!!

Positive Reply... I agree! Go Sox!

infohawk
07-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Agreed. Disappointing loss, but not the end of the world. We should all realize by now that this team is streaky. The offense is built on slugging. When they hit they hit a ton. Unfortunately they are also susceptible to cold streaks. I believe that Ozzie has helped them by keeping them from the long, long cold streaks that plagued them over the last three years. That said, they are what they are. The question is will they get hot and stay hot for a long enough period to win the division and do some damage in the playoffs. The Sox desperately need some contact hitters who can spray the ball around. It's not a revelation, but we've got too many dead-pull hitters.

Also, we got the best of Radke and Santana last time we played. They got the best of us this time. I'm not going to pick apart what the offense did or failed to do because I have just come to accept that they are what they are. Even with Frank and Maggs the Sox have the same problem. They could look like world beaters and win ten straight games by substantial margins and then go cold for a few. I'm not saying I like it, just that I have come to accept that the roster as presently composed is not suited for contact hitting or small-ball. I have been saying in several threads that win or lose, this team will probably see significant changes over the offseason because Ozzie will request more players who can play the kind of versatile baseball Ozzie ideally wants to play.

We just have to hope that Kenny makes a trade or two or that the team gets red hot at the right time.

SpartanSoxFan
07-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Agreed. Disappointing loss, but not the end of the world. We should all realize by now that this team is streaky. The offense is built on slugging. When they hit they hit a ton. Unfortunately they are also susceptible to cold streaks. I believe that Ozzie has helped them by keeping them from the long, long cold streaks that plagued them over the last three years. That said, they are what they are. The question is will they get hot and stay hot for a long enough period to win the division and do some damage in the playoffs. The Sox desperately need some contact hitters who can spray the ball around. It's not a revelation, but we've got too many dead-pull hitters.

Also, we got the best of Radke and Santana last time we played. They got the best of us this time. I'm not going to pick apart what the offense did or failed to do because I have just come to accept that they are what they are. Even with Frank and Maggs the Sox have the same problem. They could look like world beaters and win ten straight games by substantial margins and then go cold for a few. I'm not saying I like it, just that I have come to accept that the roster as presently composed is not suited for contact hitting or small-ball. I have been saying in several threads that win or lose, this team will probably see significant changes over the offseason because Ozzie will request more players who can play the kind of versatile baseball Ozzie ideally wants to play.

We just have to hope that Kenny makes a trade or two or that the team gets red hot at the right time.
We all need to have faith in KW. I have faith in him, and I believe he will pull off a blockbuster to put us over the top. Call me overly optimistic, but its all I have keeping me going at this point...

VaSoxfan
07-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Good post, although it's hard to jump on a positive bandwagon when the team plays the way it does. Give the Twins credit yes, but it's so hard to accept two straight stompings in our own house...and unfortunately this seems to be a pattern this year and the last two with the Twins, no matter who is in the lineup...it's a pattern we're all tired of seeing...and it's hard to understand when we've played them so well in their home finally.

Viva Magglio
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM
What the hell is there to be positive about?

infohawk
07-27-2004, 11:02 PM
To Whom It May Concern,

We are conceding NOTHING to the Minnesota Twins! We have two months of baseball left and we are far from done. GAME ON!!!!

Daver
07-27-2004, 11:09 PM
What the hell is there to be positive about?
Spoken like a true :troll

Viva Magglio
07-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Spoken like a true :troll
Okay, Pollyanna.

tromcoe
07-27-2004, 11:16 PM
White Sox fans,

When we pull our heads out of the but (I will be there tomorrow) tomorrow and win and we go only .500 after that, we will still be 11 - 8 against our biggest rivals in the division. If we make up the difference when that team plays Detroit, and we all know how Minnesota does in NY (It's our Oakland for them) I still can see something great happening here. If you asked me in April where we would be against the Twinkees I would say we are right where we want to be.

Kogs35
07-27-2004, 11:25 PM
ok we screwed up the last time the twinkies where and we did it agian. we need to win tomorow and then let the twinkies schedule get the best of them. that what happened in late may and early june. ignore the papers and ignore moronotti tomorow and let him just talk out of his tushie. if u wanna bash him on his radio show go for it because silvy and carmen will stand up for us sox fans. guys lets get em tomorow, and in september

kcsportscaster
07-27-2004, 11:27 PM
White Sox fans,

Great thought, I agree with them all. I don't understand all of the negativity after these two games. Granted, DA SOX got smoked in both games against the Twinkies, but there are STILL two and a half months to go in the regular season!!!! The Twinkies have a very tough schedule coming up, so there is plenty of time to gain ground on them again. However, this team MUST come out tomorrow and play like they want the Central Division bad enough, and K-W MUST make a deal for either Jason Kendall or even Carlos Beltran in order to get a couple of more Major League caliber bats in the lineup. If they can only get Kendall, that would be a HUGE upgrade over Alomar, Burke, and especially Davis.

Also, the offense MUST stop trying to go for the downs most of the time and just try to spray the ball all over the field, much like the Twinkies have done in the first two games, but what can be done to try to get the likes of C-Lee and Paulie to go the other way during certain at bats in order to either get runners over or get them in instead of swinging for the fences?

Also, this thought, Sporting News Radio overnight host Kevin Wheeler has been suggesting that Borchard start in right field and bat ninth, primarily for his glove. I may tend to agree with him at this point if it means benching Perez because he seems to have no clue out there at times. Any thoughts?

GO GET THE TWINKIES TOMORROW, DAMN IT!!!!

Lip Man 1
07-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Didn't Borchard have a catchable ball go over his head tonight? I thought someone was talking about this on another thread.

Lip

Dice
07-27-2004, 11:49 PM
White Sox fans,

I agree. ALSO, we're only 2.5 games behind and we have 2 full months left of baseball. SO TO ALL SOX FANS: It's not the end, this is just the beginning.