PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Offer for Sox fans

ewokpelts
07-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey,
If you guys go to teh main gift shop and buy 125 bucks worth of mlb authentic gear and one pack of baseball cards, you can get a FREE game used jersey card of either frank, paulie, or maggs. The cards are made by Donruss, and I think every team is doing something sililar(the cubs are offering a sosa jersey card at thier store).
For collectors, this is old hat, but for non-collectors here's the scoop: Donruss bought a jersey of Frank's, and they cut it up in tiny pieces to insert in the cards. This has been going on for a while(they even cut up ruth jerseys).
If you always wanted a cool piece of game used sox memorabila, here's your chance.
Gene

p.s. MLB Authentic did a similar promo with autographed Magglio balls. And come soxfest and garage sale, the sox were selling the excess stock for 30-50 bucks. You MAY see the same with these cards.

ewokpelts
07-31-2004, 10:19 PM
bump. Gotta have SOME good news.

Gene

ewokpelts
08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
bump. Gotta have SOME good news.

Genestill rings true today.
Gene

Kadafi311
08-05-2004, 05:57 PM
I hate to pee on your lemonade, but I saw a bit on "Outside the Lines" about this. What they do is have Frank put on about 100 jerseys. Every time he puts on a new jersey, he throws a baseball, then they can call it "game used".

Yay capitalism.

And remember kids... read the fine print.

kjhanson
08-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I hate to pee on your lemonade, but I saw a bit on "Outside the Lines" about this. What they do is have Frank put on about 100 jerseys. Every time he puts on a new jersey, he throws a baseball, then they can call it "game used".

Yay capitalism.

And remember kids... read the fine print.

Contrary to what you say, there are a few different terms that are used. Legally, if they state the jersey is game used, the player MUST wear it in a MLB game. If the lingo states "game worn", it could be used in a game or just for batting practice. Legally they have to differentiate between the two.

ewokpelts
08-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Contrary to what you say, there are a few different terms that are used. Legally, if they state the jersey is game used, the player MUST wear it in a MLB game. If the lingo states "game worn", it could be used in a game or just for batting practice. Legally they have to differentiate between the two.Listen,
Current players jerseys aint that hard to come by. in the case of MLB gear, they wear LOTS OF JERSEYS IN THE COURSE OF THE YEAR. And the companies state on every card that it was used in an mlb game. Hell some game used base cards even have the date/score printed on them. I've dealt with the card industry over the years and NOT ONCE has the question of non-game used gear having been inserted in cards. The closests that non game used material being used in products was for playoff's absolute memorabilia, when they used jersey material to make plaques for players, and fleer had a product that printed player images over jersey material. Both cases had info saying that it was non-game used, made only for the company.
Gene