PDA

View Full Version : Southsider cheering for the SOX up in Minn.

grizzbr
07-27-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm taking a lot of crap(giving it too) from these ***hole Twinkie fans about Hunters slide. They think it was "squeaky clean".

I'm pulling out all my artillery tonight...got my neon SOX sign in the front yard and plan to watch the game at the local VFW wearing my SOX PRIDE T-shirt.

Worst deal is I have to listen to Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven who always bash our team and our park. Those guys are idiots.

Hope the SOX are ready to battle tonight!

GO SOX!!

iwcup
07-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm taking a lot of crap(giving it too) from these ***hole Twinkie fans about Hunters slide. They think it was "squeaky clean".

I'm pulling out all my artillery tonight...got my neon SOX sign in the front yard and plan to watch the game at the local VFW wearing my SOX PRIDE T-shirt.

Worst deal is I have to listen to Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven who always bash our team and our park. Those guys are idiots.

GO SOX!!
good luck to you on that.. I lived on Lake Minnetonka near Mound a long time ago. i know what you go through
I hope its a wake up call to the boys.
oh and that wasnt a slide, that was a collision. hunter came elbows first.
I hope that is what the sox think about for the next two games. because playing hard baseball and beating the snot out of the twinkies and sending them on their way is the BEST way to make them pay.

Foulke You
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM

GO SOX!!Wow, they bash OUR park when they play in that steamy pile of crap that sticks out like a sore thumb on the Minneapolis skyline?

I hear their announcers do that idoitic "circle me Bert" thing with the signs fans bring to the park. I"ve always wanted to bring a sign to a Sox/Twins game with a picture of a big middle finger on it that says "Circle This Bert!".

I hate that Twinkee arrogance. I hope Freddy mows 'em down tonight. :angry:

Hangar18
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Fine Job

jcirish85
07-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I hear their announcers do that idoitic "circle me Bert" thing with the signs fans bring to the park. I"ve always wanted to bring a sign to a Sox/Twins game with a picture of a big middle finger on it that says "Circle This Bert!".

That would be hilarious. You should do that in the 8th or 9th inning so if you get kicked out, you've seen most of the game anyways. That's a great idea.

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 04:53 PM

GO SOX!!
He's just bitter that he's not in the Hall - though he probably should be. Thoughts?

OurBitchinMinny
07-27-2004, 07:00 PM

GO SOX!!
Hows it going? I live up in twinkie land too, up in coon rapids. The twins fans sure are full of themselves. I try to fight back, but missing thomas and ordonez is really starting to worry me. I dont know if you listen to PA and Dubay on KFAN, but they lead off their show talking about what a great play it was. Then they ripped on sox fans taunting hunter, saying if it was anywhere else its acceptable, but not at the cell where "attacks are common." Then they ripped on hawk for being the biggest homer ever saying he should shut up or Jay mariotti is going to kick his ass(they must not knowhow hated mariotti is in chicago). I wonder what those two would have said if pretty boy mauer would have gotten plowed on the same type of play. I hate twins fans

jeremyb1
07-27-2004, 09:40 PM
I think I got some looks at the bar I was at last night when I started shouting after Crede's home run. I was worried things might escalate with the me and the guys behind me if things escalated in the game after Hunter's move. Hehe.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Wow, they bash OUR park when they play in that steamy pile of crap that sticks out like a sore thumb on the Minneapolis skyline? Boy, I sure must have missed it. I watch every Sox/Twins game, and if it isn't on WGN I have to watch it on Fox Sports North. I've never heard them bash Comiskey Park. Blyleven isn't too bad to listen to, although Bremer is an insufferable clown. Blyleven always talks about how Kittle owned him, says Kittie used to send a limo to the airport to make sure Blyleven showed up (joking, of course.) Tonight, Blyleven acknowledged that Burke was not blocking the plate, and in fact Hunter had a clear path to the plate, and that Hunter went slightly to the left to hit Burke. He stopped short of criticizing Hunter, but left it hanging.

Bremer, on the other hand, actually said "Burke is in a hangar at Midway Airport being reassembled." What a tool.

OfficerKarkovice
07-28-2004, 03:36 AM
I think I got some looks at the bar I was at last night when I started shouting after Crede's home run. I was worried things might escalate with the me and the guys behind me if things escalated in the game after Hunter's move. Hehe.I didn't know you lived up here as well...I'm in St. Paul too. What bar were you watching at? I had to bear through tonight at work (a bar down on Grand Ave.) but thankfully most of my co-workers don't pay that much attention so I didn't have to hear too much.

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2004, 12:40 AM
I didn't know you lived up here as well...I'm in St. Paul too. What bar were you watching at? I had to bear through tonight at work (a bar down on Grand Ave.) but thankfully most of my co-workers don't pay that much attention so I didn't have to hear too much.I do like The Tavern on Grand. Great Walleye.