PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Santana Stat

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 03:25 PM
This guy hasn't had an outing that has raised his ERA since May 29th. He has pitched 10 times since then. That is almost unbelievable. That has got to be close to a record.

Hopefully we will change that tonight.

LASOXFAN
07-27-2004, 03:28 PM
When you check out his game log from that date it's unbelievable. The guy is having a cy young year.

MrRoboto83
07-27-2004, 03:28 PM
He is due for a thrashing, hopefully tonight:bandance:

bluestar
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
This guy hasn't had an outing that has raised his ERA since May 29th. He has pitched 10 times since then. That is almost unbelievable. That has got to be close to a record.

I thought Santana was the most dominating pitcher in baseball the last half of last season, and he has returned to form after off-season surgery this year. The guy is incredible. It is going to be tough to get anything going offensively tonight. I'm hoping Garcia can pitch the game of his life tonight, because that is probably what it's going to take.

Dadawg_77
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
He is due for a thrashing, hopefully tonight:bandance:
Yes hopefully, but knowing this lineup, he'll end up striking out 15. Then again on May 23rd he gave up 7 runs to the Sox.

DoggPhood
07-27-2004, 03:42 PM
The last 14 teams that Santana has faced:

Mariners
Blue Jays
White Sox
Royals
D-Rays
Mets
Expos
Brewers
Brewers
White sox
Royals
Tigers
Royals
D-Rays

Let's see how he does in August.

illiniwhitesox
07-27-2004, 03:56 PM

I always laugh when Flubs fans say that Prior was the best pitcher out of that draft. Santana has a rubber arm and nothing but quality starts. Wish we had him on our team.

Prior's stats might be better, but they're both young. I like Santana's stuff more and he has not shown any wear and tear unlike the messiah on the north side.

3Peater
07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes hopefully, but knowing this lineup, he'll end up striking out 15. Then again on May 23rd he gave up 7 runs to the Sox.
That was Santana's last bad outing. He "found" his change up shortly after that, and starting striking guys out.

Santana hasn't allowed more than 6 hits in ANY start since that game.

3Pete
07-27-2004, 04:05 PM
That was Santana's last bad outing. He "found" his change up shortly after that, and starting striking guys out.

Santana hasn't allowed more than 6 hits in ANY start since that game.
That's sick. Shows he has consistency.

jackbrohamer
07-27-2004, 04:14 PM
He hasn't faced a whole bunch of offense, except for the 2 Sox games and a couple others.

habibharu
07-27-2004, 04:16 PM

Santana hasn't allowed more than 6 hits in ANY start since that game. not to mention that he strikes out like 12 guys per start!

habibharu
07-27-2004, 04:18 PM
santana is first in the AL in K's, WHIP, BAA,

JDP
07-27-2004, 04:21 PM
That's sick. Shows he has consistency.
What sick is he was a Rule 5 draftee 3 years ago....

thecell
07-27-2004, 04:22 PM
santana is first in the AL in K's, WHIP, BAA,
Glad he's on my fantasy team. I'll take a 1-0 Sox win considering I have Freddy as well.

3Peater
07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
What sick is he was a Rule 5 draftee 3 years ago....Not quite.

He was taken in the Rule V draft after the 1999 season, and lingered on the Twins roster in 2000, with a 6+ era at age 21 in 2000.

It was fortunate for the AL that the Twins were dumb enough to leave him in the bullpen for 27 appearance, before starting him last year.

habibharu
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
anybody know his contract status?

Mickster
07-27-2004, 04:30 PM
......in other words...when will he be wearing Yankee pinstripes?

3Pete
07-27-2004, 04:34 PM
He's got like 2-3 years still till he's a FA. I'm imagining the Twins will spend big to keep this guy around.

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
He's got like 2-3 years still till he's a FA. I'm imagining the Twins will spend big to keep this guy around.
I doubt that, they don't spend big money on too many players. He is going to cost half their payroll if he keeps up this pace.

They will let him go and make a greasy acquisition for a starter similar to what they did with Nathan.

3Peater
07-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I doubt that, they don't spend big money on too many players. He is going to cost half their payroll if he keeps up this pace.

They will let him go and make a greasy acquisition for a starter similar to what they did with Nathan.
Well, they actually do, although not all that wisely.

Radke is making 10 mill this year in his last year of his contract. Milton was dealt to Philly, because he was due 9 mill, and Joe Mays(on the DL) is due 7 mill next year in his last year.

The Twins are more like a salary-cap team. Set the budget, get too many near the high-water mark,and dump a couple salaries. That's what they did with AJ, because he won 3.5 mill in arbitration, and Mauer was ready to go.

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 05:27 PM
I too am glad I have Santana on my fantasy team, but if you look at how he's performed against the Sox over the last few years, he's had a few rough rides. I benched his butt today.

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 05:28 PM
I too am glad I have Santana on my fantasy team, but if you look at how he's performed against the Sox over the last few years, he's had a few rough rides. I benched his butt today.
That takes some stones.

samram
07-27-2004, 05:29 PM
That was the game in which the Sox scored 17. Would be nice to see that offense show up tonight. Unfortunately, I see a lot of grounders to Guzman and Koskie with that changeup.

Dice
07-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Santana is a hell of a pitcher. That's why tonight we got to stop the coprseball disease. We can't be swinging for the fences against this guy or we'll be K-ing about 15 times tonight. Ozzie ball better come thru tonight.

nasox
07-27-2004, 06:10 PM

Mariners
Blue Jays
White Sox
Royals
D-Rays
Mets
Expos
Brewers
Brewers
White sox
Royals
Tigers
Royals
D-Rays

Let's see how he does in August.The brewers aren't a bad team. Good hitting team. And we all know about the white sox. Besides that, the teams suck