PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee Pressing

Evman5
07-27-2004, 02:20 PM
I have noticed that the last couple of games Carlos seems like he is trying to do too much. He is trying to get a homerun everytime he gets up there. I know he needs to step up and replace some of Magglio and Frank's production, but he can't try to win games by himself. I know he has been and a huge tear since the break, but I am just noticing this over the last couple of games. For example he has been chasing a bunch of bad pitches in the dirt and striking out.
He needs to go back to being Carlos. I think a lot of this can be attributed to him being put in the number 3 slot.

This is the other impact the injury to our big guns is doing to the team. Not only do we miss their production but everybody is moving up in the order and when they move up they try to do much more than they are capable of. Everybody has to concentrate on getting on base for the next man and the hitting will be contagious (sp?). They just need to keep the linemoving and sto[p waiting for the big homer.

Kilroy
07-27-2004, 02:31 PM
I have noticed that the last couple of games Carlos seems like he is trying to do too much. He is trying to get a homerun everytime he gets up there.
CLee is definitely not the only one. No one is trying for right field, no one is trying to just get on base. Everyone, it seems, has been trying to do some damage. They need focus on execution more, and things will fall into place.

MushMouth
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Yesterday, batter after batter had poor at bats vs. Radke. Part of that is Radke having a nice game, another part is everyone from our 2 hitter to our 7 hitter swinging for the fences each and every chance they get.