PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs Field or Great American BallPark?

joeynach
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
I have the choice to acompany my dad on an upcoming business trip. I can either choose cleveland or Cincy. He said i can come along and we will go to a game at either park. At this point my dad can choose which city he will go to on the date we are looking at going. So i ask you which stadium/city should i visit. Both are poising pretty good games on the day we would be in town. Which stadium is a must see, which is cooler, which has cool stuff to do around the stadium. I have never been to either of the two. So i ask for your advise, Jacobs or Great American??

HomeFish
07-27-2004, 01:22 PM
You realize that Jacobs Field is going to be full of Indians fans, right?

thecell
07-27-2004, 02:01 PM
You realize that Great American Ballpark is going to be full of Reds fans, right?

skobabe8
07-27-2004, 02:31 PM
what are the games?

joeynach
07-27-2004, 02:37 PM
You realize that Jacobs Field is going to be full of Indians fans, right?
thanks for the wonderful words of wisdom

cubhater
07-27-2004, 02:42 PM
I havn't been to the new park in Cincy. I've been to the Jake a couple times and it's a nice stadium. As much as some of us complain about The Cells' upper deck, bleachers at the Jake seem real steep. I don't know if they have the same ticlet policy from a couple years ago, but you have full access to the whole ballpark with a bleacher ticket, however, bleachers are off limit with any other ticket. There's just the right amount of bars and restaurants within walking distance without having the Wrigley crap.

nasox
07-27-2004, 03:00 PM
CIncy. Cincy beats clevelands ass every day of the week.

Sox Mobile
07-27-2004, 03:24 PM
The Jake is right downtown Cleveland. A short distance from the ballpark is "the Flats". a concentrated area of bars. you can walk but its a long one. take a cab.

quite a few caual bar/restaurants within walking distance of the park.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

Avoid the upper deck, just a steep or steeper than USCF. get your tickets from a scalper if the upper deck is all thats left at the box office.

They have a great cheeseburger.

I wouldnt go back to the Jake but dont know anything about the new Reds stadium.

fquaye149
07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Despite what you've heard, Cleveland does NOT rock.

I'd go to Great AMerican. . it's brand new, from what I hear it's state of the art and you'll see plenty of home runs.

Meanwhile isn't the Jake still infested with spiders?

PINWHEELS
07-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Great American Ballpark!

dividedsk717
07-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Go to GABP. You get a nice city view if you sit in the right field area, and a nice river view if you sit in the left field area. There are lots of nice ammenities: the largest digital scoreboard in the majors, it's a "bam box", lots of domestic and import beers on tap (including its own microbrew called Red Leg Ale), lots of different food options, great sight lines everywhere, fans who hate the Flubs, and some night life options across the river and in downtown Cincy.

And the Reds, when they're healthy, have a nice lineup in Sean Casey, Adam Dunn, Junior, Barry Larkin and Austin Kearns. They can be fun to watch.

SOXSINCE'70
07-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Just being by the Rock And Roll HOF is enough for me.Screw the Jake.I'll spend my time in the RARHOF.:bandance: :bandance:

depy48
07-29-2004, 12:12 PM
definatly the great american ballpark. I've been there, and its really nice. The river runs right next to the field, and that just makes everthing look so much better. The area around was being rebuilt, so by now everything is going to look pretty good. the regret i have for great american balpark is the food, i thought it was going to be comiskey-like food...boy was i wrong

maggsmaggs
07-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I have been to both Cleveland a week ago and Cincy a year ago. Great American Ballpark is very nice and the city around there is also nice, but there aren't that many things to do. However, Cleveland is a pretty crappy city, there are only a few nice places around the downtown area. The Jake also is a nice ball park, but if you could go to one, I would go to Cleveland just for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I was actually in Cleveland a week ago for the Sox series. If you do go to Cleveland 2 things: take the tour of the Jake and go to dinner at the Leaping Lizard. It is on Huron street, which is literally a minute away from the ballpark and next to the Radisson Hotel. Hope this helps.

joeynach
07-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys the WSI family is the best and most knowledgeable ever, screw the cubs (sorry just couldn't resist)

doublem23
07-29-2004, 06:46 PM
I've never been to Cincinnati, but I cannot even fathom that there are other cities in America that size that suck as hardcore as Cleveland does. I mean, the town seriously reeks of ass. That said, at least you'll see American League baseball and I always like checking out the opposition.

I would pretty much base my decision on a complicated matrix of where you can get better tickets and what will be more cost effective.