PDA

View Full Version : I believe in Santa Claus and

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 12:20 PM
the Easter Bunny and Mr. Hanky and that Torii Hunter is a nice guy.

First of all, that hit was not necessary. Second, if you're a POS liar about believing that fans AT A BASEBALL GAME threatening your life are serious (if anyone even did), you're an a-hole moron. Last, if you 'brag' about being from the hood (when you grew up in Arkansas), see the second comment about lying and -- PLEASE! Bragging about being from the hood is like bragging about being a former mafia member that now plays ball. It's not exactly something worth bragging about, but then again - Torii is a nice guy - that wouldn't think twice about putting a cap in your ass.

jaundicebaby
07-27-2004, 03:38 PM
It is very hard to image that no one ever yells to a player, "I am gonna kill you!". Even if people on this board do not...

Tekijawa
07-27-2004, 03:49 PM
It is very hard to image that no one ever yells to a player, "I am gonna kill you!". Even if people on this board do not...I've never ran out on the field while Drunk and High on Cocaine whith my teenage son, I don't have any kids, and kicked the #### out of a first base coach, but I've seen it happen before!

Just because none of us here, with the possible exception of Hangar, wouldn't do it doesn't mean it doesn't happen

iwcup
07-27-2004, 03:49 PM
It is very hard to image that no one ever yells to a player, "I am gonna kill you!". Even if people on this board do not...
hmmm, would that be something along the lines of "nice cheap shot torii, you f****** dead"....

sorry what a baby, nice debate on rome today about every incident at comiskey over the past ten years...

DaveIsHere
07-27-2004, 03:52 PM
hmmm, would that be something along the lines of "nice cheap shot torii, you f****** dead"....

sorry what a baby, nice debate on rome today about every incident at comiskey over the past ten years...
Care to Fill us in on that debate?

iwcup
07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
only heard a few minutes of it as rome had a caller from milwaukee blast sox fans for carrying on the second class citizens in this city. Rome then went on to talk about how Torii is not a dirty player, he plays hard but not dirty and then chastised chicago fans for upsetting him by talking about the death threats, then went into the fights, the ligue's etc...

I found it interesting that hunter can roll him, stand over him, touch home plate, and walk away all puffy chested and think hes not going to get s**t for it. then after the play is brought to the forefront in all media, he has to mention a death threat? then of course, rome, jumps all over it.

AnkleSox
07-27-2004, 04:18 PM
I can't believe Torii Hunter says he's a nice guy. This coming from the player who mouthed "**** you" at the sox dugout last year when he hit a home run against them.

The sad thing is, Jamie Burke really IS a nice guy, and no one in the media is giving him any respect for taking that blow and not going after Hunter right then and there. He goes to the hospital, and no one gives a ****. Some fan apparently "threatens" Hunter's life (and we all know the comment was not a serious one at all), and now the Sox are the bad guys.

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 05:43 PM
I can't believe Torii Hunter says he's a nice guy. This coming from the player who mouthed "**** you" at the sox dugout last year when he hit a home run against them.

The sad thing is, Jamie Burke really IS a nice guy, and no one in the media is giving him any respect for taking that blow and not going after Hunter right then and there. He goes to the hospital, and no one gives a ****. Some fan apparently "threatens" Hunter's life (and we all know the comment was not a serious one at all), and now the Sox are the bad guys.
Amen brother! Hunter is a wanna-be thug. You know what occurred to me. I'm sure there was a mic somewhere in that ball park that could go back and pick up what was really said to Hunter, but would the Sox do that and clear their name... who knows?

At the very least, we could see the context of the 'death threat.'

I'm not saying that Hunter lied about it - though I wouldn't put it past that self-proclaimed gansta - but I am saying that he's a freaking p***y if he wants media sympathy via turning the tables the way he did.

Have we ever seen an umpire charge the stands when someone yells, 'Kill the Ump?' Hell no!

You know - Ty Cobb was a pig, but I'll give in by saying he was the best player of his generation. Hunter doesn't hold a candle to Cobb's skills, and even Cobb was suspended for 2 weeks for going after a fan.

He's a punk-bioatch, and I hope he gets chin music tonight - Sammy Sosa cracked helmut style!

Brian26
07-27-2004, 05:47 PM
It's as simple as this, as was said on the FSN post game last night:

:hawk

"Tomorrow night, these guys have some business to take care of. They know what they have to do."

Or, after the first replay aired...

"Oooo-k. (long pause) Just file that one away. I know what the hell I'd do."

Or, after Borchard's dinger...

"Go ahead and climb that wall."

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 05:49 PM

OR what I said, God bless Hawk! This is why I can't stand listening to Chump Carry and Steve Bone-head. Hawk loves his Sox and calls it like it is. He won't get caught up in this media nonsense of, "Hunter is a victim."